Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: What Movies Have You Watched Recently?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the person who played Sal

[/ QUOTE ]

Fredo (John Cazale) was always great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, he was in 5 feature length movies and the five of them are classics. All five of them were nominated for best picture and three of them won in the Oscars. Note that Conversation battled versus Godfather II for the Oscar.

Movies he was in:

Godfather I (won the Oscar)
Godfather II (won the Oscar)
The Conversation (nominated for the Oscar same year Godfather II)
Deerhunter (won the oscar)
Dog Day Afternoon (nominated for the Oscar, lost to Cucko's Nest).
Old 05-10-2007, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and the person who played Sal

[/ QUOTE ]

Fredo (John Cazale) was always great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed, he was in 5 feature length movies and the five of them are classics. All five of them were nominated for best picture and three of them won in the Oscars. Note that Conversation battled versus Godfather II for the Oscar.

Movies he was in:

Godfather I (won the Oscar)
Godfather II (won the Oscar)
The Conversation (nominated for the Oscar same year Godfather II)
Deerhunter (won the oscar)
Dog Day Afternoon (nominated for the Oscar, lost to Cucko's Nest).

[/ QUOTE ]

he's, i'm pretty sure, the only person to ever do this. chances are, no one else has even gone 3 for 3, although that's mostly a guess
Old 05-10-2007, 04:59 PM

wow that's incredible.. 5 movies, 5 Oscar nominations, 3 wins.. that's like a lifetime of work and achievement for other great actors, except he did it in a 6 year span.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:16 PM

I finally got to see United 93. To the people who think it's too soon...well, I would say people watching this in 50 years will feel as sad as people watching it now. Very moving, very human, very much plugs straight into your soul.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:49 AM

I just watched the movie Alpha Dog last night and thought it was pretty good. It's a movie about a true story involving the Jesse James Hollywood case. Someone has a drug debt with him and he ends up kidnapping the guys younger brother. That's all I'll say about the plot as I don't want to give too much away. Bruce Willis, Sharon Stone, and Justin Timberlake are in it. Definitely worth watching.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wow that's incredible.. 5 movies, 5 Oscar nominations, 3 wins.. that's like a lifetime of work and achievement for other great actors, except he did it in a 6 year span.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it works to hang out with good directors (Francis Ford Coppola).

Russell Crowe had a nice streak too with The Insider, A Beautiful Mind and Gladiator. Although I don't think A Beautiful Mind is that great a movie, his performance was astounding.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Russell Crowe had a nice streak too with The Insider, A Beautiful Mind and Gladiator. Although I don't think A Beautiful Mind is that great a movie, his performance was astounding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen many Russell Crowe movies. Has he ever done a movie with a strong romantic angle? I wouldn't mind seeing him in a good love scene. Let me know. thanks.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't seen many Russell Crowe movies. Has he ever done a movie with a strong romantic angle? I wouldn't mind seeing him in a good love scene. Let me know. thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

He did a sex scene with Sharon Stone in The Quick and The Dead, a great guilty pleasure movie.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:14 PM

watched Smokin Aces the commercials made the movie look like it would be fun, but sadly it wasnt.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He did a sex scene with Sharon Stone in The Quick and The Dead, a great guilty pleasure movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

That movie is a great guilty pleasure movie, one of those that I wouldn't mind watching on an airplane.

I haven't seen "A Good Year" but from the previews it looks like a romantic comedy. Directed by Ridley Scott came out last year.
Closed Thread