Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/5

Woohooo. Some really good performances tonight! Both comical as well as serious.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/6

Just getting caught up... clearly Saturday, The Ten Commandments was the thing to watch...

Sunday Amazing Race, Cold Case or Desperate Housewives, and Apprentice.

The Apprentice eliminations were interesting, because Trump changed his mind on how elimination would be handled. Originally it was going to be one of the 3 teams of 2 would be gone, but after two bad presentations, it bacame 1 each from the two bad teams.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/9

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Monday April 9

8-9:30pm ABC - Dancing with the Stars:
Forth round competition includes the paso double and the waltz.

9pm FOX - 24: Day 6 10pm-11pm
President Palmer makes a bold gambit, and Jack changes his strategy about Feyed.

9:30-11pm ABC - The Bachelor: Officer and a Gentleman:
The dating begins and 3 hopefuls get cast off.

Worth noting...

9-11pm NBC - Thank God Your Here: Debut
Improv competition in which performers act without a script.

Late Night...

11:35pm CBS - David Letterman:
Democratic presidetial candidate Sen. Barack Obama
Old 04-09-2007, 11:13 PM

I'm already stoked, because paso and waltz are two dances that tend to work very well on this show.
Old 04-09-2007, 11:33 PM

I would like your opinion on Laila Ali's dancing partner, Maxim. He's my favorite of the guys (professionals). I understand that all the professionals do their own choreography.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:37 AM

Dancing with Wookie, April 9, 2007

I'll be typing all these up as I see them.

Laila kicks it off with paso. This dance should suit her well. If she was a man. She'll need a surprising amount of feminine grace to pull this off as a woman. Ugh. What a shoddy frame. The proper name of the "twist turns" as described in the intro escapes me, but they looked so sloppy and dull. The judges were dead on about her performance. She would have been better dancing this with a hyper-aggressive masculine style. She manages to look pretty well on her own, but not in a ballroom hold.

Oh, Apolo 2nd? There not saving anything for the end. He may also be the most entertaining guy in the practices. His waltz, was HOT. His frame was good, but could be improved a hair. His arms when he was apart from the girl were incredibly good by the standards of the average male on DwtS, which doesn't mean they were great, but they didn't make me cringe. Len was right, though. His footwork and head position wasn't great. He's not stepping onto his heals enough, and he's flittering turns aren't all that clean. The thing is, the people calling in don't give a rat's ass about these things. He's still almost certainly going to be in the final. I think his score of 26 was very fair.

Leeza doing paso scares me. She really doesn't strike me as having the right passion. Seeing her out there, her paso posture was pretty poor. Paso doble posture is exaggerated with your hips waaay forward, much more than any other dance. She was straight up and down the whole time, and her steps were clunky. Her hold didn't even have body contact much. Her score of 16 was a little harsh in my opinion, but there's no way she deserved more than 18. She's almost certainly going home this week, and I won't miss her.

I'm curious for Ian's waltz. His latin looks good, but I don't think his ballroom will be as good. Ooooooh. That was fantastic. I'm not sure what he was doing dancing so far away from his partner in the middle there. His arms were a little better than Apolo, even though the judges didn't give Apolo a hard time. His frame wasn't perfect, but I think the judges were a little hard on him in their comments. We'll see about the score, though. Carrie Ann's 7 was an insult to him. A 25 would have been more fair.

John's paso rehearsal looked mixed. Some was solid, some looked really scary. One thing is for sure. Edyta gets the very best costumes on the entire show. As for the dance, I think he was slightly better than Leeza, but he was bad for all the same reasons as she was. I'd be shocked if there's a man eliminated before BRC, but John seemed to be fighting for that right.

I'm sorry for Clyde in the waltz. I don't think his arms and frame will be there. Seeing him, though, he was much better than expected. His frame and arms were much better. Ouch, he was brutalized by the judges. Man, they're really harsh tonight. I thought he looked like he was trying, and he'd been improving. He's, well, just not very good. Wow, that 4 from Len was brutal. I was thinking 16-17, but 15 was too harsh.

BRC's practice session, was, well, surprisingly endearing. He went from looking like a lock to leave first to a guy who'll still go early, but who may actually outlast some people here. He seems to be getting the audience on his side, so he'll probably have a few more weeks in him. His posture was still awful, and his dance was all schtick and no steps, but really, it was indeed more entertaining than the two crappy Pasos. The 21 he got was again overly favorable, but not as absurd as last week. I was thinking 19 or so.

Heather's waltz looked quite good, and as hard as she was on herself for getting the emotion, she did great on the performance. Her posture could be a little better. She really needs the body contact. Hell, the waltz was the very first dance that was danced w/ body contact -- it was a really scandalous dance! Her score of 23 was actually a little harsh in my opinion. Her arm extensions were fantastic.

Paso should play into Joey's strengths. He's a great performer, and that should give him the opportunity to shine. Holy crap. That was amazing, and an easy 10 in my book. His arms are not just good, but almost professional. His posture wasn't totally professional, but it was still solid. This wasn't just the best paso of the night, it's one of the best pasos I've seen on this show by ANY dancer. The 28 he got was modest. Excellent job, Joey, and you've put yourself back at the top.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:41 AM

I'd have to say that I like Tony better than Maxim. I tend to like Tony's choreography a little better, and I like his teaching style better, too. Maxim's dancing is a little over the top about the un-masculine things I mentioned earlier, while Tone seems to keep that in check just a hair better.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:10 AM

OOT 4/9 24 thread
Old 04-10-2007, 03:12 PM

Also, Katy, by that same token, I should ask you which of the female pros you like the most.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 4/10

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Tuesday April 10

8pm CBS - NCIS:
A petty officer on whom McGee based a character on for his novel is murdered.

9pm CBS - The Unit:
Children of government officials and foreign nationals are taken hostage at an elite private school near Washington DC, and The Unit is called upon to rescue them.

10pm ABC - Boston Legal:
A crooked lawyer is defended by Alan and Denny. Interoffice couples deal with relationship revelations. Denny practices the positive thinking philosophy of "the secret" in order to wish Raquel Welch into his life. (ORLY?)

Worth noting...

8pm FOX - American Idol:
The 8 remaining finalists perform after coaching from Jennifer Lopez. Follow the discussion in the 2+2 American Idol Wagering forum .

8pm ABC - Dancing with the Stars: recap
Performance recap show

9pm ABC - Dancing with the Stars:
Fourth round results

9pm CW - Pussycat Dolls Present/Search for the Next Doll:
The five remaining contestants audition for a chance to perform as backup dancers for a Pussycat Dolls televised performance. One wannabe is eliminated.

Late Night...

11:35pm CBS - David Letterman:
Former x-files star David Duchovny chats about his return to television in a new showtime comedy.

12:05am ABC - Jimmy Kimmel:
The 3rd celebrity eliminated from Dancing with the Stars.

12:35am CBS - Craig Furguson:
Laura Prepon discusses her role on October Road.