Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Custome Rules Share - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
I think you also missed the Q from my previous post.
It's simply not clear anymore what, if anything, the Menu...options...select PT Database window in SS itself does anymore...I mean, once PTAGG has built the entire AGG database, does SS just draw from that exclusively?? Like, I didn't select ANY DBs in SS's DB-selection windows, but SS still seems to be giving me stats...i guess from the AGG DB it created...so has the AGG DB rendered the SS DB-selection menu completely useless?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, yes the menus are very unclear now. Once you setup PTAgg, SS automatically uses that to pull its data from. Currently, if you delete the "ptagg configuration settings" file in the SS directory, then SS will revert to the old method of collecting stats.

-Ben
Old 08-09-2006, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh -- while PTAGG was continuing it's import on my laptop, I decided to go to Tools...Configure PT Aggregator... where it brought up the window with my DBs again...I didn't change anything, I just clicked "save and close", and all the progress script has STARTED BACK AT ZERO!!!!!!!

Please don't tell me that I've just undone the last 12 hours of aggregation activity.

This really should have been tested a little further before release, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are fine. Yes it does look kind of scary, but when restarted it continues where it left off.

-Ben
Old 08-09-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ugh -- while PTAGG was continuing it's import on my laptop, I decided to go to Tools...Configure PT Aggregator... where it brought up the window with my DBs again...I didn't change anything, I just clicked "save and close", and all the progress script has STARTED BACK AT ZERO!!!!!!!

Please don't tell me that I've just undone the last 12 hours of aggregation activity.

This really should have been tested a little further before release, guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you are fine. Yes it does look kind of scary, but when restarted it continues where it left off.

-Ben

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well if that's the case, then my I suggest a more user-friendly GUI while PTAGG does its import so that it's clear just where in the overall process it is...e.g. it could say "importing from DB 1 of 5" and show a status bar, as well as showing how many more DBs are left to go...i think you know what i'm trying to say: given that the process can take DAYS for those of us with bigger and multiple DBs, there just needs to be an easy way for the user to see just what PTAGG is doing, and where it is in the overall process.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Listen, while you guys sort out the littany of problems that has crippled this latest release, I'd really like to go back to just using SS WITHOUT any of the PT-Agg "functionality".

Except I don't know how to tell SS "listen, forget about the partial/aborted" PT-AGG you have created to this point, let me just go back to the 'slower' way"...like, every SS scan I run seems to be only using the stats from the aborted (and hence completely incomplete) AT-AGG DB that it tried to create...how do I tell it: listen, forget that nonsense, just go back to scanning the DBs the old way.

EDIT: edited to add that the info in the partial PTT-AGG DB that it started to create but could not complete b/c it filled up my HD is not only incomplete, but just flat-out wrong...it's showing me a player sitting at a table who has supposedly played 113 hands and has a VPIP of 81...so I check it out...actually that player has played 4,500 hands with a VPIP of 24. I don't know how PT-AGG 'aggregates' its data, but i can't figure out how it could think that a player has a VPIP that high when he clearly doesn't...unless it's importing hands that he has played first, which doesn't make any sense.

Rollback, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just delete the "ptagg configuration settings" file in your SS directory, and SS will revert to the old method of scoring the tables.

I think if you restart PTAgg it should be able to complete (at least more of it).

As for a problem with aggregating the stats, I can't say for sure from the data you gave. It imports the data from oldest to newest, so its certainly possible this player started off really loose, and then tightened up as he got better.

It has to import hands from earliest to most current in order to keep track of when new data is appeneded to the database. It works off the game_id field, which continuously increases. That way PTAgg can just keep track of the highest game_id it imported, and then import any data higher than that.

-Ben
Old 08-09-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: New Software Announcement - SIXTH SENSE

[ QUOTE ]
ss just died on me again, for about the fourth time today. editing the filter and saving doesnt help, and reinstalling doesn't help

just letting you know =)

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you mean it died? Is it not pulling in any tables? Sometimes on our server we have data problems and some of the tables aren't refreshed.

Let me know if you mean it pulled in any tables or not.

-Ben
Old 08-09-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not working for me atm, when I click refresh nothing comes up

[/ QUOTE ]

See above. Sometimes some of the game limits don't get loaded into our server. It helps to try to load some other game type just to see if the server is working, then switch back.

-Ben
Old 08-09-2006, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OK, well if that's the case, then my I suggest a more user-friendly GUI while PTAGG does its import so that it's clear just where in the overall process it is...e.g. it could say "importing from DB 1 of 5" and show a status bar, as well as showing how many more DBs are left to go...i think you know what i'm trying to say: given that the process can take DAYS for those of us with bigger and multiple DBs, there just needs to be an easy way for the user to see just what PTAGG is doing, and where it is in the overall process.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I know exactly what you mean. That will be in the next build.

-Ben
Old 08-09-2006, 11:28 PM

as of now its showing the tables, but i have no stats on anybody. i'm 1/4th through the agg thing, but its currently shut down at the moment. i've deleated the ptagg config file. any ideas?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:01 AM

I just downloaded and installed this program. When I first start it up and Request Password, I enter my information, and hit OK. The OK button goes blank and nothing happens?
Old 08-10-2006, 12:36 AM

NVM, I got it. Damn Norton. Up and running. Awesome program!