Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Scandal: An Inside Job

[ QUOTE ]
Any lawyer possessing knowledge of Canadian law with regards to international commerce between Indian territory and off-shore gambling operations please feel free to chime in.

*crickets*

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.pokerpulse.com/legal/viewtopic.php?t=30
Old 10-16-2007, 09:58 PM

You guys seem to get really pissed off when people bring up the Seif allegations, but TBH, I think someone should put a little bit of work into that. See if that guy who made the accusation can send the HHs so we can either confirm he was being ridic or see that it's basically the same thing.

If we totally clear mark, this hijack can end. If we find out he's related, we have a much easier target than some faux-CEO who spams forums.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The 2+2 (and to a lesser degree neverwinpoker) exposure will hurt the high limit games.

It won't be enough to hurt the low limit games.

That's why it's important for some sort of reputable media to pick this up and report on it. If the scandal becomes evident to the masses, their traffic will suffer big time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm much more concerned about the mainstream media scaring away whats left of the US recreational crowd by picking this up. I'd much rather that not happen than see AP "pay for it". Online poker does not need any bad press.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah but a little bad press may lead to good press -- i.e. US regulation of this industry.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys seem to get really pissed off when people bring up the Seif allegations, but TBH, I think someone should put a little bit of work into that. See if that guy who made the accusation can send the HHs so we can either confirm he was being ridic or see that it's basically the same thing.

If we totally clear mark, this hijack can end. If we find out he's related, we have a much easier target than some faux-CEO who spams forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as he recanted his story, i doubt it
Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as he recanted his story, [i]to protect himself on absolute and with absolute now going down in flames i don't doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-16-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also,

"Phil's" Myspace is under the name "prouss1"

Google that and the only result is a poker HH with "prouss1" at the table.

Gotta be him.

[/ QUOTE ]
You can get 2 of Phillip's myspace blog entries through http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&sa...earch&meta= and clicking on the cached links. Nothing interesting in them, but I dunno, just throwing it out there if anyone wants to check it out.

Seems like none of Phil's friends (that I could find) have Scott on their lists fwiw. Seems odd if they're brothers and co-owners, you'd think they'd be connected on myspace.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I see is the HH from FCP that shows prouss1, I don't see any blog entries.

Can you explain to me how to get there?

[/ QUOTE ]
I just googled Prouss1, got 3 results, the first two being blog entries, the third being that fcp hand.

Try these:
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:FGId...lient=firefox-a

http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:gW4Z...lient=firefox-a

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:

-This is clearly Philip Tom as he mentions playing poker in Atlantis.

-He apparently does live in Canton, MD* despite a number of people telling me it's just not likely including someone who lives in the area.

*The sidebar of information on the blogs lists:

Sign: Virgo

City: Canton
State: Maryland

Signup Date: 03/15/06
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 PM

Good God. A man can't get a few hours of sleep without some huge dramabomb exploding in this thread.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as he recanted his story, i doubt it

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean.. if dataminers have the histories or the guy changes his mind or decides to let us see it to show his original accusations really were silly.

If we get these HHs, it should be really easy to see if they're similar.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good God. A man can't get a few hours of sleep without some huge dramabomb exploding in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. this thread has made me late for lots of important things today.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seeing as he recanted his story, [i]to protect himself on absolute and with absolute now going down in flames i don't doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) he recanted his story, did he ever say that it was because it would hurt his cash cow?
2.) Did he ever provide HH?
3.) IS IT STILL ONE [censored] HAND?
jeez, you guys have nothing... stop diluting a very important thread
4.) Seif still lost money in the game...
Closed Thread