Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:44 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
woooooooooooo! pokerstars supports MB!!!
that makes MB supported on all major sites: party, stars, FTP, AP, UB!
edit: within weeks for FTP

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! This is the best news I've read all week [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
i just did a test deposit of $10. went through in seconds.

there's still a problem though...stars doesn't do cashbacks to MB yet. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, I need to get money off of full tilt, and they offered to send me a cheque, but I was looking for something faster than going through their verification process of scanning and emailing the required documents and then waiting. I was going to sign up for a click2pay account and cash out through there, but someone said the cheque they mail you is in euros anyways. Would you guys recommend using an ewallet to move the money from FTP->Ewallet->Party EFT? How hard of a process is it and how long would it take? Keep in mind I haven't signed up for a new ewallet yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This would require another poker site and 2 eWallets, since FT only uses C2P, and Party only takes MB. FT may be adding C2P, but likely not quick enough to help you.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alright so my bank sucks, doesn't have a SWIFT code, and requires me to use Scotia Banks SWIFT code, then they issue a bank draft to my bank.

Obviously a lot of hassle which I don't want to go through. I'm an affiliate too so I make frequent withdrawals.

So I figure I will sign up with a new bank. I won't be using it for internet banking or anything like that - the one I am with has hot rates so I stick with them. But it'll be to accept withdrawals from moneybookers et al, then just use my debit card to withdraw. I live downtown Kingston and have most banks at my disposal(Bank of Montreal, CIBC, Scotia, TD etc) so any recommendations would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about C2P and their ATM card? Might be a better option, because I've yet to see a withdrawal limit, and I think the transfers are to/from a Canadian bank...MB is a German bank.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:23 PM

Has anyone made a successful deposit/withdrawl using moneybookers on hollywood yet? They've emailed me back to confirm that MB now works for Canadians but I've yet to try.

It would be great to add this to the MB list.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about C2P and their ATM card? Might be a better option, because I've yet to see a withdrawal limit, and I think the transfers are to/from a Canadian bank...MB is a German bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately a lot of the programs require moneybookers, and don't have C2P or Epass.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:28 PM

..so is it better to use C2P to convert US$ to CAN$, than doing the conversion at your bank?? What rates do they use, previous day?
Old 04-20-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
..so is it better to use C2P to convert US$ to CAN$, than doing the conversion at your bank?? What rates do they use, previous day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it's been reported (by Bobo, I think) that C2P doesn't charge a vig on conversions. As typical bank fees are about 2% (400 basis point spread between buy and sell) C2P would seem to be an excellent option.

If you've some sweet deal at your bank this can vary widely though. Some trading accounts offer about 0.5% fees. Provided what's reported is true (and there aren't any other hidden fees) what's best really all depends on what's available to you and how interested you are in playing the currency market.
Old 04-20-2007, 07:44 PM

Well I'm more interested in knowing how they figure out the exchange rate at the time of my cash in/out of C2P. I cash out at 2:20pm monday from poker site, USD converts into CAN, does C2P use the ask price for CAN$ to convert, last price, yesterday's price?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well I'm more interested in knowing how they figure out the exchange rate at the time of my cash in/out of C2P. I cash out at 2:20pm monday from poker site, USD converts into CAN, does C2P use the ask price for CAN$ to convert, last price, yesterday's price?

[/ QUOTE ]
no. same day exchange rate as the transfer day.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:54 PM

I just talked with Hollywood Poker and they said that they do use Moneybookers for Canadian players. I deposited $10 from MB to HP earlier today without a hitch. I cashed out some money as well and I'll let you know if there are any issues but so far it seems as if all Ongame sites allow MB.
Closed Thread