Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]

I own a DVD called "Beyond the Mat"

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great video and maybe the best access to what goes on behind the scenes. I haven't been a wrestling fan since the early to mid-eighties but I loved this documentary.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have bee going to the gym for 15 years. You really don't know how ignorant you sound, seriously. How many years have you gone to a gym? Don't talk about things you know nothing about. Stick to poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sup bro?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have bee going to the gym for 15 years. You really don't know how ignorant you sound, seriously. How many years have you gone to a gym? Don't talk about things you know nothing about. Stick to poker.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sup bro?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, very nice.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Obviously Chris Beniot is a product of steroids. It would not suprise me in the least if Barry Bonds goes postal one day"

I don't think you understand a lick about roid rage or anything else. It's not like everybody on steriods is a walking timebomb of rage.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Congrats on having been to a gym a lot, clearly you are an expert.

Somebody please tell me who this guy's original account was so I can find some NVG related reason to ban him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your 233 lbs of fatness, you perhaps ought to spend less time here and more time seeking out a gym. Perhaps then you can get laid?

[/ QUOTE ]

The gym is the worst place to look for training advice , people at the gym have no clue what the [censored] is going on 99% of the time. You are an idiot, and clueless, shove your anecdotal roid rage evidence up your ass. k thx bye

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. But a guy randomly called me out who glorifies his "233 lbs of fatness".

Bad advice from a muscle head is much better than eating potato chips and cherry cokes.

I just think it is absolutely pathetic people glorifying this loser Chirs Benoit. A sadistic roided killer of women and children (his own).

Then again people cheered OJ down the turnpike. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-26-2007, 02:34 PM

The body of work has nothing to do with the personality of the person doing the art. The fact that you can't separate that -- hell, I highly doubt you enjoy wrestling or have even see many of his matches -- shows how limited your scope on life is.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I thought this guy was the classiest person in wrestling? A true gentle soul in a sea of [censored]. I guess the information that floats around the internet is never really the whole story and maybe on the button was onto something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt that everybody thought this was the case, and that for most of his life this was. Something changed, he snapped, we don't know. It isn't like it was just rumor and assumption that had wrestling fans comparing him to Steve Nash. (and that's why this is all so much more tragic)

[/ QUOTE ]

What was the basis for any kind of substantive belief that people knew him? It seems like rumor and assumption is exactly the basis for the comparison. Celebrity/athlete culture seems to thrive on people feeling associations with these people based solely on what the media and athletes themselves choose to report. Aren't there tons of instances of professional athletes being considered "good guys" just because they knew how to spin themselves with the people who would shape their image?
Old 06-26-2007, 02:36 PM

I think anyone who believes this was a true stand-up guy, and he just snapped, is very naive. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't, but neither you nor I really have a clue

Wrestling fans bond with the wrestlers, true, but don't trick yourselves into thinking you know what they're really like.

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't there tons of instances of professional athletes being considered "good guys" just because they knew how to spin themselves with the people who would shape their image?

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is that, since the rise of the internet, the wrestling business has been much more candid in the personalities of its workers (i.e. HHH = burial) and backstage politics. It's difficult to keep such things under wraps for such a long time through so many different organizations.

No one's acting like we thought he was our best friend, but it's disconcerting and unexpected, and while the evidence was limited, there was still significantly more labeling Benoit a solid guy than Kobe Bryant pre-rape or something.

[ QUOTE ]
agreed. But a guy randomly called me out who glorifies his "233 lbs of fatness".

[/ QUOTE ]
You obviously don't understand why he does that, but I guess it isn't your fault if you're truly a noob. Dids has lost like 400 lbs in the past year or so, and puts his current weight in the Loc: field, perhaps as a brag or perhaps to hold himself accountable for his weight.

That said, I don't think your point was without merit and I think Dids' threatening to ban you was way over the top, but perhaps you could just cool it with the ad hominem attacks since they're not accomplishing anything.

[ QUOTE ]
The body of work has nothing to do with the personality of the person doing the art. The fact that you can't separate that -- hell, I highly doubt you enjoy wrestling or have even see many of his matches -- shows how limited your scope on life is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will OJ be remembered for his 2000 yard season or slicing up his wife and waiter?

Let me know when you ask a few random people.