Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cliffsnotes (Mod edit: AP thread, part 2)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This sucks, it's horrible, but if it is true the worst thing that could happen to those robbed is for the story to take the other sites down with them (or to further support the anti on-line poker movement in the US).

There are a lot of ifs still, but this could really put the whole industry at risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly, yea I'd be super heated if I was robbed too, and would want to make a noise loud enough for this to stop and not happen again, but thinking unemotionally the bigger issue would be not to make so much noise that it potentially cripples the entire industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I am not in the least saying it should be swept under the carpet (if anyone is reading my post that way). I think it needs to be resolved quickly, though, and I think sites like party and stars should be apprised and developing (or more likely executing) plans to reduce the negative impact to the industry regardless of what is eventually born out.

I have a theory, too, but I will put that in a separate post.
Old 09-17-2007, 04:58 PM

am i the only one depositing
Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM

Mark Seif responds to a comment in his blog:

[ QUOTE ]
hi russell,
i was just made aware of these serious allegations this morning while playing at the wpt event at the borgata, where i am presently. while i have not had a chance to investigate this matter, i can tell you and anyone else who believes or for whatever reason has stated that i am somehow involved in this matter, unequivocally, i do not now, nor have i ever, had the ability to see hole cards on any poker site i have ever played at including absolute poker.

i doubt my results would be what they are if i had the ability to see my opponents' hole cards. in fact, i am almost certainly the biggest all-time loser on the site and have been crushed in the big games for a long, very long time. if anything, i would very much like this matter thoroughly investigated so that we can all find out what has happened, and if appropriate, to take swift remedial action such as seizing funds and returning them to the players cheated, including myself, if in fact, ap's security protections have been compromised.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.bluffmagazine.com/blog/bl...0&bcatid=4
Old 09-17-2007, 05:02 PM

No one doubts that Seif is a huge loser, he just has had a few verrrrrrry weird sessions that merit investigation imo.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:02 PM

Hi, I finished 4th in the 1000$ tournament (as monsterhood) where Potripper was revealed, and the most famous HH part is from)... can anyone tell me how i get in touch with the moderators? I want to show them parts of my HH as additional proof (though not everybody, obv) Anyone know how i do that? ty
Old 09-17-2007, 05:05 PM

I may not have the facts straight, but as I understand it this all started after a recent patch. One or a very few players started playing like (stupid) people who could see others hole cards: Making very suspicious plays that would would only be reasonable if they could see others' hole cards and subsequently apparently dumping lots of money HU to presumable accomplices. (This does not take any of Ski's prop experiences into account). I missed if was likely that people with interests in AP were the likely cheaters. (I saw stuff about mark seif and the grinder, but I was not sure if that was speculation or if the PT shots were of one of their aliases).

Theory 1: A programmer/sys admin inside AP introduced code in the last patch and is involved with a small team (player(s) + dumpee(s)) to rob people blind. This is, IMO, the best case scenario, though still pretty bad.

Theory 2: (This works with Ski's conspiracy theory, too) The owners/upper management are involved, most likely to support some pressing financial need. This is just horrible from both a money recovery standpoint (can't get blood from a stone) and a PR standpoint (it is easier to forgive a company for a rogue employee and it is easier to implement safeguards to stop it from happening again).

Sorry if these have already been posted, I only recall seeing evidence discussed.
Old 09-17-2007, 05:07 PM

Schneids: why were you so adamant about getting the exactly playing times of when doubledrag logged back on last night?

p.s. my absolute contact says that all related accounts are locked and under investigation
Old 09-17-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I finished 4th in the 1000$ tournament (as monsterhood) where Potripper was revealed, and the most famous HH part is from)... can anyone tell me how i get in touch with the moderators? I want to show them parts of my HH as additional proof (though not everybody, obv) Anyone know how i do that? ty

[/ QUOTE ]

email to adanthar@gmail.com

forward it to me also please, mcaoxol@gmail.com
Old 09-17-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Schneids: why were you so adamant about getting the exactly playing times of when doubledrag logged back on last night?

p.s. my absolute contact says that all related accounts are locked and under investigation

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be my guess:

[ QUOTE ]
Mark Seif responds to a comment in his blog:

[ QUOTE ]
hi russell,
i was just made aware of these serious allegations this morning while playing at the wpt event at the borgata, where i am presently.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We know when Seif was not available to play online. This could potentially rule him out (if the dumping were done while he was at a WPT table) or be used as more circumstantial evidence (if the dumping was done during the breaks).
Old 09-17-2007, 05:15 PM

It's hilarious that Mark Seif has to admit to being a huge donater to try clear his name!
Closed Thread