Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

[ QUOTE ]
Phil paid him off!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That or they are about to find his severed head somewhere.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry gents I hope you enjoyed the post but the matter has been solved to my satisfaction.I hope all your aces stand up regards.Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Extortion FTW.
Old 08-10-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea if any of this stuff is true or not, but i know this whole thing is not a hoax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so if we believe you that you travelled worldwide for 8 months with Phil and Antonio, you're actually our most reliable source on this thread.

We must reach one of two conclusions:

(1) that Tom Grant's aim from the outset was extortion. Not extortion as in pay me or I'll tell the world, but pay me or I'll keep on hammerring away at you forever with more and more allegations and "evidence".

This directly implied that he used NVG as part of his extortion scheme. Possibly the OP on this thread is actually Tom Grant, or an accomplice of his. He definitely used the threat of website update Aug 10, then Aug 8, then Aug 10, to force Laak's hand, and this forum was the most key part of the extortion timeline, AFAIK he only gave updates to the entire internet here.

I don't know about the rest of NVG but I don't like being used.

It's as difficult as ever to figure out how much of his story is true. It could even be that something else transpired between him and Laak, something that Laak felt bad about, and he fabricated most or all of the story used for extortion. No witnesses or evidence was ever produced. Just allegations.

(2) and if this is a Phil and Antonio "I Bet You" production, if I were them I would seriously think about cancelling that episode. Not funny, not cool, not slick, not balla, just lame and pathetic. I think most would agree with me.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope all your aces stand up

[/ QUOTE ]
OMFG of all the [censored] crap in this thread this really puts me on life tilt ftw esad
Old 08-10-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(1) that Tom Grant's aim from the outset was extortion. Not extortion as in pay me or I'll tell the world, but pay me or I'll keep on hammerring away at you forever with more and more allegations and "evidence".

[/ QUOTE ]

If Laak did pay him off, then he's a bigger moron than I thought. What's to stop this guy doing exactly the same thing next year? Or the year after?

If anything, Grant's shutting up after an announced deadline like this actually makes Laak look more guilty than he did before. Previously, he could just say that the guy was a random kook who was trying to blackmail him apropos of a brief acquaintance in Thailand years ago. Now, he just likes someone with a guilty past, who has used his rich girlfriend's money to buy some temporary silence.

I mean, if Laak was *really* innocent, wouldn't the State Department have put pressure on the Thai police to arrest this guy? Come to that, how was he even able to leave the USA and return to Thailand if he first put the arm on Laak in the USA? Why didn't Laak go to the cops and have him arrested at that point?

Ah well. If you lie down with dogs...
Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry gents I hope you enjoyed the post but the matter has been solved to my satisfaction.I hope all your aces stand up regards.Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

DIATGF u POS

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-10-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(2) and if this is a Phil and Antonio "I Bet You" production, if I were them I would seriously think about cancelling that episode. Not funny, not cool, not slick, not balla, just lame and pathetic. I think most would agree with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet you were a "I am taking my ball and going home" type of kid. Grow up loser, the world doesn't revolve around you. And, if it was a stunt for their show...it clearly worked and I bet whoever took the over won.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:36 PM

beyond weak...boo!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:15 PM

Please Buster do not feel so bad you got an interesting story.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please Buster do not feel so bad you got an interesting story.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing interesting about rumor and untrue innuendos.All there was was you looking foolish,making promises and not keeping them.