Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2007, 03:00 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 20 Discussion -spoiler free-

I'd say in terms of who dies: Charlie is probably a given--theyve just alluded to it in so many episodes its almost expected, Ben dies, and the wildcard if Charlie does die--i bet Kate dies too given her engagment to Dominque and the fact it would create a huge rift between Jack/Sawyer.
Maybe Sayid to

Jin/Sun seem safe. Hurley bores me so I'd love to see him die but I doubt it. Rose and her husband are hardly ever mentioned so they are safe. Desmond and Jack should be safe.
I guess I could see Juliette getting killed. Sawyer seems safe to me. If they kill Locke I'll almost want to boycott the show out of being pissed.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:05 PM

Yeah, I'd be surprised if Charlie didn't die. Kate's a decent bet to die, and I imagine some Others are getting wasted.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:09 PM

Who would kill Kate? The Other's??? They are still waiting for her pregnancy results.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:10 PM

So no one finds it totally absurd that Jack didn't tell people stuff? It's absolutely ridiculous, imo. "I hadn't decided what to do about it" is also just the stupidest thing ever. By far the glaringly worst thing in the 2nd half of this season has been that people for absolutely no reason haven't been telling each other things they know that obviously shouldn't be kept as hidden information. (Juliet, Jack, etc.) The only thing close to as frustrating is that people haven't even been asking questions. (Locke, Jack, anyone else who could ask Juliet anything.) Other than that, second half of season has been very strong I think.

Particularly was a fan of the fact that when Ben says his line right before shooting, Locke doesn't go "huh, what, what do you mean?" Like in every other bad scene of this sort in history, and instead he instantly realizes he's about to get shot or whatever in the back.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:18 PM

Come on, Kate isn't going to die.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:18 PM

I think Kate is killed somehow in the showdwn with others
Charlie dies somehow..the way Mikhail grinned at him was wierd so maybe he is involved
n Ben is killed by either Alex or Juliette...with a possible assist from Locke.

not sure which "name" Others die given we don't know much about their backstorys yet.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:23 PM

charlie,

half the male audience watches to see kate. as much as they like shock value, they aren't gong to kill her off.

why do i feel like i remember you posting some crazy spoiler rundowns of previous episodes (prior to their airing, and in white) that you had found on the internets?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:34 PM

cit,
the losties not sharing informatuon with each other has been a complaint all the way back to the beg. of season 1.

another thing in this episode: why were the others so stunned to see locke carry his dad back? werent they expecting him to just the day before?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So no one finds it totally absurd that Jack didn't tell people stuff? It's absolutely ridiculous, imo. "I hadn't decided what to do about it" is also just the stupidest thing ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

This bothered me too. Especially if he has known about the others' plans all along. If he knows they only have a few days before the invasion, wouldn't he want as much time as possible to plan their defense?
Old 05-12-2007, 03:56 PM

Seems to me more like Jack doesn't want to tell people stuff because he wants to relegate himself to being the hero again. He's been gone a while now and while they were glad to see him back, obviously in his absence others have taken his place as the forefront leader.

I do have a hard time thinking that won't kill Charlie. There are some outside reasons why I have my feeling that he won't be around, basically inside it boils down to how the storyline with him lately has revolved around him being saved countless times by Desmond. This next episode seems to focus around Charlie and like we've mentioned, characters tend to die at the end of their flashback episodes.

As far as Juliette is concerned, I do have a hard time believing that she'll die. Mentioned earlier, the female characters seem to be centered around a problem with possibly pregnancies and if that's the case, I believe that we'll need to keep Juliette around just to help with that problem.

Same thing with Ben. There are a lot of answers that he hasn't provided yet involving his relationships with Dharma and the hostiles. This past episode solved a bunch of them, but it left even more open, and although it seems that the direction the show is taking involves him getting outted from his leadership spot by Locke (hopefully assuming he's still alivce), I think he needs to stay around in order for us to learn more secrets, especially those concerning Jacob and how most of the new hostiles got recruited into coming to the island (what the motives were for each invite and who survived the gassing of the dharma. Also.. why were some of the people left at the station, why did Richard look as if he was the same age as he currently is during Ben's flashback to the gassing, etc). These seem to be answers that Ben needs to give to us, and not so much that we need to find out from other characters.