Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
Maumee Bay State Park - Arthur Hills design

[/ QUOTE ]
By the way, this is one of those weird courses where the handicaps don't fall odd/even on the front/back nine. In fact, they didn't even try to balance it - six of the first nine holes are 9 HDCP or harder, 7/10 if you count the 10th hole. Strange.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:56 PM

Had a putt on the last hole today to break 80 for the first time...bout a 30 footer for par and missed it 1 foot to the right...oh well...no birdies and no worse than a bogey with no penalty strokes and no warm up in 102 degree temperatures...ill take it...
Old 08-16-2007, 10:55 PM

pig,

I thought you played with ghostface and thought you were both really good. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 11:42 PM

My driver broke last night [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Callaway FT3...going to take 3weeks to replace...weak!

No backup, so lots of 3irons off the tees.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:55 AM

Beat: Course closed due to massive outing. There are times when it very much sucks to belong to a semi-private facility.

Brag: Practiced short game, it's getting better.

Variance: Forecast for weekend is highs in the 70s with low humidity and a 100% chance of bad golf.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pig,

I thought you played with ghostface and thought you were both really good. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do play with him when we are at school. He is pretty much a 3 handicap and i am a 14 when i play a lot. That 80 that I just posted is my best round ever. Last time we played together, when i went to Nags Head to his course, he shot 73 i think and i shot like 89 in 25 MPH winds which is why that course is so hard.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maumee Bay State Park - Arthur Hills design

[/ QUOTE ]
By the way, this is one of those weird courses where the handicaps don't fall odd/even on the front/back nine. In fact, they didn't even try to balance it - six of the first nine holes are 9 HDCP or harder, 7/10 if you count the 10th hole. Strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know I never really looked at it, but now that you pointed it out it seemed strange to me. So I looked at the current card from the course and the handicap ratings have changed. Evens on the front, odds on the back.

Plus those numbers on the website are really wacky. They certainly do not correspond to the difficulty of the holes as I play them!

It has always kind of a strange course because it is run by the state. The plus side is that is why it is so outrageously cheap. 18 holes weekday = $22. And this is the course where they play the sectional qualifying rounds for the US Open.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:06 PM

89. [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored].

+8 through 14, +9 on the last four holes. Arrrrgh.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:40 AM

How do you guys deal with composure on the golf course??

Today I shot a 112 at a course where 100 is "okay/meh" for me. (I have only been playing about 4 months). I really let things get to me, and just fell apart. On the front nine, I was +16 (35 par), with 2 pars, the rest double bogeys, and then a 9 on a par 4 (which I have par'd in the past!!!)

So the rest of the afternoon just deteriorated after that. I don't want to admit that my emotions are affecting me, but it is obvious. My swing goes to hell, even though I am trying my damndest to do things the same.

You know, this isn't very coherent, but instead of explaining more of how I developed a bad attitude on the day, I will just end my personal story there and again ask how you guys deal with "negative flow" ???

Any advice appreciated.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:48 AM

Remember...it's just a game! Have fun. If the pros can manage to hit a ball OB/into the water/into the wrong fairway, I think you're excused when you do the same.