Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 03:09 AM
 is offline

Default Re: WSOP Main Event Day 4 thread

Day 4 was just brutal! Both Strassa and I can agree on that (though it sounds like his day was worse than mine).

I was up neat 750K at my highest point today, then it all just came tumbling down within 2 hours. In any case, I think I will eventually realize how sick of a run this was for me, even though the only emotion I can muster at the moment is disappointment. And yeah, $42K will be pretty nice for the old bankroll.

Thanks for all the support guys -- it really helped to keep my head on straight throughout this thing.

And GL to Rizen... I don't think any of us are surprised that he is the 2+2er poised to take this down.

Also, this really excites me
Old 08-06-2006, 03:10 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-06-2006, 03:13 AM

Well seeing as how you aren't going to get 250 players to agree to anything, the question is completely hypothetical anyway.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:19 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-06-2006, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10 Prahlad Friedman 1,180,000

11 Eric Lynch 1,160,000

[/ QUOTE ]

Unreal. The cream really will rise to the top in a structure this deep.

For those that don't know Pokerdb shows Eric "Rizen" Lynch at $324,769 in cashes and 36 final tables at Pokerstars alone. $61,382 and 8 final tables at Party Poker.

And Prahlad Friedman or "Mahatma" on UB dominates the highest stakes NL cash games. There is always someone in High stakes No limit posting hands played against this guy. The guy seems to always be playing if you go to UB. I don't think he even requires sleep or food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prahlad also popped into the Zoo to whine about some personal beef he had, in which he came across as a grade-A tool.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10 Prahlad Friedman 1,180,000

11 Eric Lynch 1,160,000

[/ QUOTE ]

Unreal. The cream really will rise to the top in a structure this deep.

For those that don't know Pokerdb shows Eric "Rizen" Lynch at $324,769 in cashes and 36 final tables at Pokerstars alone. $61,382 and 8 final tables at Party Poker.

And Prahlad Friedman or "Mahatma" on UB dominates the highest stakes NL cash games. There is always someone in High stakes No limit posting hands played against this guy. The guy seems to always be playing if you go to UB. I don't think he even requires sleep or food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prahlad also popped into the Zoo to whine about some personal beef he had, in which he came across as a grade-A tool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds funny... anyone talented enough with the search function to dig up that post and link to it here?
Old 08-06-2006, 04:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Sounds funny... anyone talented enough with the search function to dig up that post and link to it here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
She, Howard and Daniel N have had some pretty big spats as well, haven't they. I believe DN used to post in rec.gambling about his intense hatred for Annie a few years back. I can't remember the specifics, though.

I have also heard that the famous annecdote about Annie knocking out her brother the first time she played the main event was basically a chip dump gone wrong. However, I have never looked into that so it might be completely bogus, just not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the first ESPN TOC, allegedly ESPN/Harrah's polled professionals for the best 9 (including 1 female). Negreanu was NOT on that list, and was upset, because he was the POY for the WSOP that year, and thought he should've been included, and was later added to the tournment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, that wasn't at all involved in the spats in the past (which all the players agree is behind them now). Originally Negreanu claimed that Duke was an angle shooter who liked to be mean to new players (and ignored Daniel and talked down to him when he first was playing against her in vegas), brow beat them and TDs, and call all sorts of angles on opponents. Daniel made these claims on RGP and needless to say Duke and Howard were not so pleased. A public flamewar/fight broke out, and like most such fights made everyone involved look worse. Use google groups to find the content if you so care.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your post is much more accurate than the ones you were responding to. But the "flamewar" that broke out, if you want to call it that, was completely unilateral. Annie never responded publicly at all to Daniel's flames.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:21 AM

Raphael Doromal calls from middle position, along with Jamie Gold in late position. Barry Goren checks in the big blind and the flop comes 965. Goren pushes all-in for $389,000 and is called by Doromal who only has $300,000. Gold goes into the tank for a solid 3 minutes before mucking his hand after saying I have to be behind. Goren flips over 96 for two pair, but Doromal turns over 55 for a set of 5's. The turn and the river bring Queens and Doromal doubles through Goren with a full house. Goren is down to $89,000 while Doromal now sits at $600,000. After the hand Gold tells the table he folded Aces and that is why it took him so long before he mucked his hand.

If true, Aces continue to suck at the WSOP, online poker is rigged.
Old 08-06-2006, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raphael Doromal calls from middle position, along with Jamie Gold in late position. Barry Goren checks in the big blind and the flop comes 965. Goren pushes all-in for $389,000 and is called by Doromal who only has $300,000. Gold goes into the tank for a solid 3 minutes before mucking his hand after saying I have to be behind. Goren flips over 96 for two pair, but Doromal turns over 55 for a set of 5's. The turn and the river bring Queens and Doromal doubles through Goren with a full house. Goren is down to $89,000 while Doromal now sits at $600,000. After the hand Gold tells the table he folded Aces and that is why it took him so long before he mucked his hand.

If true, Aces continue to suck at the WSOP, online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]
If true, he was limping behind in late position with AA. This might be an OK play in some situations where you expect a raise.

In any case, if you limp aces, you often need to fold them later in the hand.

However, it hasn't been established for sure he had aces.