Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:55 AM

Default Re: The Vegetarian Torture

[ QUOTE ]
how do you distinguish between the pain and torture of the killing of animals and plants?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of them have magical things called "central nervous systems"!
Old 06-28-2006, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Elaine, serious question: Have you ever gone to a high end steak restaurant and had a well cooked and prepared steak?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is probably the most retarded, of many retarded questions in this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

explain?
Old 06-28-2006, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Elaine, serious question: Have you ever gone to a high end steak restaurant and had a well cooked and prepared steak?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

She just said she's been a vegetarian since age 6, so I'm guessing the answer to your question is no.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

She just said she's been a vegetarian since age 6, so I'm guessing the answer to your question is no.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, I didnt know that, I haven't read every single post in the thread so i missed it
Old 06-28-2006, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ah, I didnt know that, I haven't read every single post in the thread so i missed it

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I read yours right after reading Elaine's post, hence my response.

Regardless, your question does make it sound like you may think that taste has something to do with her decision to not eat meat, like she's going to possibly change her mind if she heads to Delmonicos and gets the Ribeye.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how do you distinguish between the pain and torture of the killing of animals and plants?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of them have magical things called "central nervous systems"!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ishmael, whose side are you on, anyway?
Old 06-28-2006, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ishmael, whose side are you on, anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im on the side of reason.

I have this weird dichotmy with relation to Elain's posts, both in this thread and as a whole. Sometimes she provides logical, well-thought out arugments that (even if I disagree with) I can highly respect. Then, at other times she just appears so trollish. Ie. Anytime she described meat as (insert overly dramitic quasi-synonym for meat). I have my doubts she referred to Clark's meal as anything other than steak when they had dinner.

My posting in this thread has probably been pretty close to an even split in terms of backing veggie vs non-veggie, because I think both sides have made some pretty objectively wrong statements (again, regardless as to whether or not I agree with their opinion on the issue)

ie.

- The guy who claimed all vegetarians must presuppose humans and animals have equal worth... wtf is that?

- The guy who claimed Ed is a purveyor or death, or whatever he said... WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON 2P2?

- The guy who compared people with down syndrome to pigs in terms of intelligence... That is so dumb Im worried he might accidentally eat his own ear tonight

I mean, I dont think anything Paluka has said in this thread is wrong, though I disagree with his claim that eating meat is morally wrong.

So, I guess I side with the non-veggies, but if someone (perahaps in jest, im not sure) asks a stupid quesiton like "how is the death of a plant different than that of an animal?" Im going to give the correct answer: one of them has the ability to feel pain, the other does not.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My current reasons for staying vegetarian are:

-It's better for the environment
-It's better for my health
-It's better for animals
-I don't like associating my regular, daily activities with pain and death, so I try not to

[/ QUOTE ]

expound on each please. thats more of what i was asking for originally as opposed to your initial decision to not eat your friends.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:32 AM

yeah, I noticed you were selectively supporting both sides based on the strength and logic of their arguments. that's why I asked. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

it seems like all of the arguing has stopped for now though. what a shame, this was entertaining.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

- The guy who claimed Ed is a purveyor or death, or whatever he said... WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON 2P2?

[/ QUOTE ]

come on now CMI, you are smart enough to pick up on the point i was making at the audacity of saying not eating meat lessened the "MISERY OF THE WORLD". i think the death of a couple of cows is a drop in the bucket versus fleecing degenerates of money for their kids through aggressive raising.
Closed Thread