FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is dumber?
The old lady 4 36.36%
The crook 2 18.18%
They are both equally unintelligent 5 45.45%
this space intentionally left blank 0 0%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2006, 12:02 AM

Default Re: Bots in PartyPoker\'s 6-max Limit games?

[ QUOTE ]
... or you are being 2nd leveled

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this would be 3rd leveled, but I'll give you a serious reply.

They would be foolish to draw any attention to themselves. It would make more sense if a 2+2 poster went to their site and made these posts in order to draw Party's attention, but I don't think this is the case either.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They are aware that 2+2 is monitoring their posts and forwarding info to Party, but continue to post info that could hurt them.

[/ QUOTE ]
... or you are being 2nd leveled [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
i wonder what level the bots themselves are on
Old 11-22-2006, 02:17 AM

Nice find Gomez! The truth or lies, I find it interesting to read either way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I still haven't heard a word from Party, and like I've said before, I don't expect them to say much.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:05 AM

I have sent about 10 emails to Party demanding the explanation they promised me. They ignore every one, yet reply to emails I send on other topics.

I'm tempted to threaten them with going to the press (or something) but they'd probably just seize my funds!
Old 11-22-2006, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have sent about 10 emails to Party demanding the explanation they promised me. They ignore every one, yet reply to emails I send on other topics.

I'm tempted to threaten them with going to the press (or something) but they'd probably just seize my funds!

[/ QUOTE ]
I suspect that if you REPLY to a mail, it goes to the original sender of that mail, i.e, whoever handled it. This means that they may ignore you. If you don't include RE: or the case number in the mail, you seem to get faster replies.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:57 AM

I've continued to think and read this thread... I think the best idea so far is to read the bot-makers' forums and report the posts to the sites. This will at least make it more difficult for them to communicate and perhaps slow down widespread use. Props to those who have done this already.

That being said, I am now more pessimistic than ever.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:13 AM

Default Re: Should we really care??

[ QUOTE ]
I'd make an even money wager that these are Party house bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's nice to see a high-quality thread on this topic; there hasn't been one for a while.

I'm with KSOT about the bet. I simply cannot comprehend how anyone would think for even one minute that party is the first and only 100%-honest capitalist enterprise in history. If you disagree, please say the previous sentence out loud. does it make sense to you, an intelligent and rational person? Of course not; everybody does what they have to in order to profit, and party does too. And it's real easy to do so by augmenting the rake with fees (monster, anyone) and/or house bots.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:40 AM

Did you email that info to Party? Please do, to all their addresses, and preferably several times... so that the probability of of someone who cares reading the email goes up.

Good work finding that info on their forums.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
party is the first and only 100%-honest capitalist enterprise in history. If you disagree, please say the previous sentence out loud. does it make sense to you, an intelligent and rational person? Of course not; everybody does what they have to in order to profit, and party does too. And it's real easy to do so by augmenting the rake with fees (monster, anyone) and/or house bots.

[/ QUOTE ]

whilst i may be an intelligent & rational person you most certainly are not. further you are in serious need of a lot of psychiatric help.

i have had well in excess of USD1 billion pass through other peoples hands over the last 10 years & thefts have been small, in comparison, & infrequent.

a couple of years ago a guy withdrew about USD40,000 from his bank a/c which belonged to my team & then disappeared totally, presumably across the border. however if he had planned it more carefully he could have taken USD1M.

just like people many capitalist enterprises will be "honest".

finally it would not be "real easy" for party to run bots on their own site & as a listed co. the chances they would do so are close to ZERO.

you seriously lowered the quality of this thread.

finally a point i have been contemplating making for some days --- excluding the nuts anyone running bots on the poker sites are extremely unlikely to be colluding. it is not logical to risk any suspicion of same if the bot can generate > 1BB / 100h. even if earning less the developers would be better off trying to improve the play of the bot as opposed to trying to program it to collude. finally those with the extremely high IQ's necessary to develop a working bot would almost certainly not even contemplate colluding for ethical reasons.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
finally those with the extremely high IQ's necessary to develop a working bot would almost certainly not even contemplate colluding for ethical reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. Probably one of the funniest things said so far in this thread, however assumed unintentional. Btw by a man who obviously bought the same keyboard as Ray (the one without the Shift button)....