no 19 20.00%
Maybe 6 6.32%
move up to where they respect your raises 51 53.68%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: BRAG - MMA is taking over!

[ QUOTE ]
leben's KO was unreal.

wow, im going to go search to see if the vid is online. I can't believe somebody could be so close to out and then KO someone like that.

also, that Mac guy on TUF6 looked really good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that was a crazy finish to a pretty good fight.

Sucks that Din's knee blew out.

Mac Danzing fought on the last Pride card. He's one of the favorites to win the show.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:59 PM

sry... here is link http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance...mpower_extreme
Old 09-21-2007, 12:52 AM

Big news today in the DannyOcean_ camp.

Today i moved up to the intermediate grappling class, and subsequently got schooled.

At my gym, there are only 3 levels. Beginners (which is the majority of the gym), intermediate (good people + amatuer/pro fighters), and advanced (means you are a pro fighter). I stepped up the intermediate class today. Learned some heel hook techniques, and then rolled for 20 minutes with like 4 partners. Got subbed like 10+ times, but also subbed one guy! He'd moved up to intermediate like 2 weeks ago, so i was used to rolling with him and caught him in a wicked nice heel hook. BALLIN.

But yeah, i will not be winning much in the near future. It's all good. Got to roll with the best to be the best i suppose.

Also, i rolled with rory singer about a week ago. That was fun.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:05 AM

Did you guys see the Gray Maynard vs Joe Veres fight ?! It's available on UFC on Demand (and, um, "elsewhere"). It's, huh, pretty cool. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-21-2007, 03:10 AM

Just because i am obsessed with MMA gifs

The leben one, leben takes the huge shot, and KO's martin within 5 seconds. He just stumbled forward like a drunken sailor and nailed him. Amazing.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:24 AM

Leben is B class and Martin is C class. The UFC uses their reality fighters way too much. Am I supposed to actually get pumped up to watch guys like Leben and Quarry duke it out?

Besides the Pride fighters coming in, it seems the UFC's strategy is to rely on all their reality show vets. Now Jardine is a main event ppv fighter? What a joke.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Leben is B class and Martin is C class. The UFC only uses their reality fighters now, instead of actually getting talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're pretty dumb, aren't you?

What was the headline of the last UFC, the one in england?

dumbass.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Leben is B class and Martin is C class. The UFC uses their reality fighters way too much. Am I supposed to actually get pumped up to watch guys like Leben and Quarry duke it out?

Besides the Pride fighters coming in, it seems the UFC's strategy is to rely on all their reality show vets. Now Jardine is a main event ppv fighter? What a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see that you edited your post immediately.

Jardine is fighting bc Wandy wouldnt commit to fight chuck on a certian date and left the UFC hanging.

Also, lol @ 'besides' all the pride fighters'

Yeah, other than bringing in Cro Cop, Brandon Vera, Anderson Silva, Nogueria, Mauricio Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Dan Henderson, Lyoto Machida, Wanderlei Silva, etc, the UFC hates talent!

also, it's damn free event on spike. Do you realize how amazing it is that free mma on cable tv even exists? How about you shut up and be thankful, of course they want to highlight guys who have gotten TUF exposure. It's not like KenFlo or Din thomas are C level fighters, and who cares if the free show isn't straight A-level fighters? STFU already.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:39 AM

Are you actually telling me Leben and Terry Martin are A-class? They gassed after 1 round. Martin has no boxing skills. Leben does have some skills, and for that I promote him to B level.

The guy with no knowledge of MMA is the one who thinks the UFC reality fighters are the epitome of MMA talent.

I don't see how naming all the Pride fighters the UFC has brought in proves me wrong when I say the only talent they bring comes from Pride. Thanks for clarifying my point.

I know you've been a hardcore mma fan for like, maybe a year now. And TUF noobs like me don't understand how the UFC was only on satellite ppv for years, had numerous ownership changes, was losing money, etc. etc. Sorry we aren't all as knowledgable and can't tell Terry Martin is a great MMA fighter.

Edited to mention I realize Machida and Vera weren't Pride fighters. Before you attack me for it. The fact remains their shows are full of the reality fighters, most of which are not very talented.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:57 AM

TOTAL HIJACK:

Anybody know the rules for blood-borne disease testing before fights? Do the fighters get tested for Hep, HIV, etc before each fight? Does this extend down to the more local level events? Sorry, this question has been nagging at me for a while and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.