Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you look at the tp each time you wipe post crap-taking?
Yes-got to get every bit of brown out 154 88.00%
No-i'll find out later if my ass starts itching 21 12.00%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Never Trust Anyone Happy 2007

Tru dat. Now will someone tell me how I missed this? http://www.dutchboyd.com/blog/2006/1...d-so-good.html

[ QUOTE ]

Selling Out Never Looked So Good

And now a short post, for readers out there with short attention spans (you know... the online players [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Here's a great shot of the Bellagio Day 2 (?) chipleader, Brandi Rose Hawbaker, sporting an FTP logo while crossing her eyes and flashing the camera. Rumor is that she got paid $100k, which is 5x what she made in the tournament.

Now why couldn't she just snap the thing off? There's no way Nike could keep themselves from putting a swoosh on her if she took down that event. If you need proof, here is what she looks like when she's just chilling doing an interview.

Brandi - if you're reading this, here's a little PR advice. Never ever ever say "I just feel lucky to be here". I can't believe that they don't have this at the beginning of every "how-to" book. Haven't you learned anything from watching the rest of us top pros? Act is if it's natural and you expected it... see if you can bluff everyone watching. And I don't think you should say anything profane in an interview... but definitely not "[censored]". If you're going to curse, stick to the f-bomb... otherwise it looks like you're just trying to be dirty but aren't. Here's a good example... it's a drunken interview with Gutshot where I demonstrate these two principles.

I'm hoping that this will open the door for the rest of us pros and that Golden Palace will reconsider my offer to wear a temporary tattoo on my ass during next year's WSOP. I mean, come on guys... it'll only cost you a grand!

posted by Dutch Boyd at 16:01
1 Comments:

brandi rose said...

Yes Dutch... I am responding to a poker affiliated blog for the first time. Only because, you called me on the phone specifically and told me I should check it out.
First off, I'd like to say ~ I'm not sure what mood you intended with this blog. Part of me thinks you are an [censored] making me fun of me. It was my first [censored] event! (How's that for use of the F Bomb?)
I was having fun, Living my dreams, Being myself ~ and most of all being REAL. Thanks for the PR advice, but I would rather be myself and be completely genuine EVERY day of the week than be someone who is pretentious and phony.
People can judge me however they want. I am who I am. Most would say that I am fun, kind, generous, loving, honest, and authentic. I don't care what all you big pros do in your interviews. The one thing you nor anyone else in the world will ever see is me being someone I am not or acting as though life or anyone else OWES me something.
I am grateful for every second, every moment, and every opportunity. I am grateful to be sitting at a table with people I admire and respect, and knowing that I EARNED my way there, and that I am doing what I LOVE to do.
How many people in life can say the same thing? For those who want to judge me based upon some silly picture of me being a goofball, so be it. I know who I am. Those who know and love me, know who I am. I don't need to vouch for my honor or integrity. Nor do I need to stoop down to the same level as those who hide behind their computer screens and are too afraid to step out in life and take the risk of living their dreams.

~ Brandi Rose Hawbaker
11:20 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

...and what do you want to bet that the flower in this post is someone we know? Hmmmmmm?
http://www.dutchboyd.com/blog/2006/1..._20.html#links
Old 01-04-2007, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"learned a lot about poker that will pay off later this year at the World Series where I will win at least two bracelets. (At least 2) I am going to be like Ken Jennings was against those other Jeopardy players. "

[/ QUOTE ]
I will have a better WSOP in 2007 than Brandi. I am willing to put this in prop-bet form.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"learned a lot about poker that will pay off later this year at the World Series where I will win at least two bracelets. (At least 2) I am going to be like Ken Jennings was against those other Jeopardy players. "

[/ QUOTE ]
I will have a better WSOP in 2007 than Brandi. I am willing to put this in prop-bet form.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that measured? Who places better in events, or whoever wins (or doesnt lose) the most money?

If the latter, assuming you aren't entering like every single event, I'd probably take that action. Do you see why?
Old 01-04-2007, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that measured? Who places better in events, or whoever wins (or doesnt lose) the most money?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, someone woul have to present a serious offer, and then we could come up with exact terms.

[ QUOTE ]
If the latter, assuming you aren't entering like every single event, I'd probably take that action. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure, but if I have sufficient finances to enter as many events as possible, I don't think this will be close. And even if the bet was reduced to certain events or only ones we both entered, or ROI, or something to equalize any disparity in events entered, I would feel very confident in my chances of winning.
Old 01-04-2007, 06:39 AM

Nath,

Do you seriously believe that you are better at poker than Brandi "Rose" Hawbaker?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 AM

Am I losing my [censored]? Whats going on here?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:23 AM

tom's kid
Old 01-04-2007, 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
tom's kid

[/ QUOTE ]

But its in the front. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-04-2007, 07:29 AM

The inside of her right arm?
Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The inside of her right arm?

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that makes more sense than my total recall mutant theory. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Closed Thread