Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you rather be broke as a joke or a filthy rich overweight AxisOfEvilian?
Broke as a Joke 13 24.53%
Filthy rich overweight AxisOfEvilian 40 75.47%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 03:45 AM

Location: Phase 1: collect underpants Phase 2: ??? Phase 3: Profit
Default Re: Empire is not nice

bastian, in fact you're always gonna end up taking some terrible beats at 25 and 50nl and every level. if you want to get your confidence up I would suggest taking a break and moving down to say 10nl. remember that depending on your playing style it's not that uncommon to lose 5-10 buy ins just due to variance in even a single session.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bastian, in fact you're always gonna end up taking some terrible beats at 25 and 50nl and every level. if you want to get your confidence up I would suggest taking a break and moving down to say 10nl. remember that depending on your playing style it's not that uncommon to lose 5-10 buy ins just due to variance in even a single session.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should have pointed out the fact that I'm not new to this game and I know what the hell variance is.

I guess the best way to explain it is like this:

I have a good friend who is a high stakes player and pretty well known here. We'd often vent to each other sharing bad beats or w/e. And we all know when we share this stuff the other person always thinks "standard", its normal, because it is, right?

WRONG!

In this case, when I ran really bad, I felt I couldn't get it through to my friend like, "look man, this is not you're normal downswing, its really bad".

He finally watched me 8 table a session one day, and afterwards he actually said "wow, man I really feel sorry for you".

lol. Best way I could put it man.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:13 AM

i was playing at a couple of your tables bastian and u seem pretty solid ( i got you at 19/16 over about 3k hands ) but you took some bad beats , but there was one spot i thought u could have gotten away from , i'll try to find the hand and post it ,,
Old 06-28-2007, 05:30 AM

hmmm other 2
2nd hand is ok i guess, not sure what other line to take, maybe a c/c on river and let him bluff off more - depeonds on opponent
hand 3, you gotta stick a lot more in on the turn unless you have a pretty damn good read for not doing so
try to isolate and get the flush draws out of there or make them pay
i usually raise pf with pps on the button, but thats nl2 and youre gonna be building a pretty big pot with a lot of callers and you dont hit your set most of the time, not sure what the standard play for that is
Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 AM

Bastian,

1. join the session review club (see post on front page or pm me with details of stakes and # hands played).

2. cautionary note re. your highstakes player - aggro plays that are necessary to not get exploited at higher stakes (and wch are also a lot of fun [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) are often spewy down here.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:21 AM

So I just rickrolled Neteller support...

Read about it in BBV.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:31 AM

God 50NL players are terrible..
Old 06-28-2007, 08:46 AM

Hi all, just to let everyone know that I am currently sitting in the gutshot in London, just pumped out 5BI on their online cardroom so hopefully the luck will last. Might play a bit of £25PL this afternoon, never played live before so any last minute tips would be great, and differnces between PL and NL..... £25 = $50 is a bit above my BR so I hope not to loose too much [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Happy grinding
Old 06-28-2007, 08:54 AM

This was funny.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:02 AM

guys what are ur thoughts on big flushes when the board is paired? I mean when bad players (all kinds of bad players, but not the ones with very low aggr factor) start raising u when the board is paired and u hold lets say Queen high flush or bettter..

Iv lost ALOT on these situations, and also won alot, maybe im breaking even. But everytime i fold a flush here some idiots shows a bluff or when its 3 way, the winner has middle pair or straight or whatever, and whne i get all my money in, it seems they always got a boat.

Usually this is to 45/12/2 players or something, not the good ones.
Closed Thread