Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

The Jets couldn't stop Westbrook even if he was at 80%. Hell, Westbrook at 80% is still better than half the starting backs in the league.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 PM

While everyone continues to look ahead, imo theres a few big problems with everyones speculation:

1. all the great free agents people are discussing will be hard to get yes, but more importantly Mangini has cited that he wants to build the team through the draft, and will not splurge in free agency.

2. Clemens vs. Pennington: I've been pro pennington but the way things are going i would like to see clemens at some point soon. However, the more i think about it, the way Mangini has talked about chad last year and this year makes me feel like he will be the starter for most of the rest of the season, until the jets are pretty much eliminated from playoff contention.

3. What the hell is going on with the rest of the offense? What happened to last year when the offense was so unpredictable and innovative? Take away the Miami game and the Jets have 51 offensive points in 4 games. Thomas Jones is getting less than 20 touches a game (97 including passes) and Leon Washington only 7 (36 total). That last stat is unbeleivable, Washington is the most explosive player on the team, 7 touches/game for him is just plain stupid.

4. And of course the defense. Sigh...this is just getting annoying, week after week the same deal. I really don't see anyone in the front 7 who is a good fit, no, even an above average fit in our 3-4, except maybe brian thomas, and i think the coaching staff may have him overrated a little bit. I think its pretty clear that almost every defensive player would benefit from switching back to the 4-3...

I think Mangini is a good coach, i'm really pleased with how he conducts the offseason and training camps, and i like his discipline. However the playcalling is driving this team into the ground. There are too many good players on offense and defense for this team to be bottom 25 in both categories.
Bottom line, this team needs a drastic change to ignite themselves, but with Mangini at the helm...i dont see any changes whatsoever for awhile...If he doesn't make a change this season, or doesn't promise to make a change for next season, I think Mangini should be fired.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:09 AM

yea, the offense has been dissappointing, but the lack of a solid running game obviously has a lot to do with it...

[censored] this defense, i can't remember the last time they had a dominant game and all they do is piss me off...

as for FA, this team will have to make decisions down the line with what to do with several of its core players, mostly on the defensive side...this could very well lead them towards rebuilding in the draft to save money...

sigh, not sure about mangini, we had a soft schedule last year, did well, improved in the offseason with revis and thomas and clearly we've been bad this year, so who knows how effective he's been...

either way, the playcalling has not been good, whether that's more on the coordinators, who knows, but ultimately, it's his responsibility to manage the game...
Old 10-14-2007, 02:36 PM

finally nice to see jones getting the job done on the ground...
Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM

Wow we are awful. Only thing keeping us in this game is Akers.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 PM

we suck plain and simple
Old 10-14-2007, 03:00 PM

Yank Pennington please!!
Old 10-14-2007, 03:07 PM

come on guys, wtf with all these FGA
Old 10-14-2007, 03:31 PM

Well we're playing a lot better this half it seems. Hopefully we can put some points on the board with this good field position.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:43 PM

zsdgzsdghaerhbaregaerhgeard

The sad thing is I knew they were throwing the fade. That's the only play they do in that situation.