Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 07:41 PM

Default Re: New Fight Question

[ QUOTE ]
there is not a single person training in the military that has any chance against fedor in any kind of unarmed no rules duel type combat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, big statement. It's almost as if the majority of people believe the military are a bunch of wimps hiding behind guns. To suggest it is fantasy like to acknowledge there being hardcore members of the military who have had to kill with their hands many times before is ridiculous. Have you ever read any literature written by those describing the awful things they have done to survive? If so much military information wasn't classified, you would become sick to your stomach if every act of force and neccessary survival technique executed were released by the media.

The military has undisclosed branches of soldiers, entirely seperate from the regular soldiers deployed currently, with an extreme background and track record of force. When something becomes serious, they are brought in. I wasn't aware this was uncommon knowledge, it's been admitted before by military figures but not elaborated on much because most of the information on what they actually do is classified, but quite simply, they are killing machines. And if they were put in a room for their survival, they would do what they had to, and that hot UFC fighter of the moment would be left likely with his eyes ripped out and neck snapped in half.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the question is interesting because people probably have pre-conceived ideas about what each type represents. My vote goes for the martial artist, probably the best in the world is going to come from a soft rather than hard school ( which means they'd never agree to take part anyway as the event is totally in conflict with their philosophy ). These guys often aren't awesome physique wise but they are very fast, very skilled and train to end conflict extremely quickly. I can remember training under a guy who had trained in China for most of his life, he was short and slight, probably no more than 7-8 stone and totally harmless looking, we shared the training area with a Taekwondo class and as a demonstration of effectiveness as a form of self defence this master agreed to spar with the Taekwondo teacher ( a competitive martial artist I guess around 13-13.5 stone ), the fight ended almost instantaneously with a Taekwondo teacher flying about 5 metres through the air and landing dazed, my teacher had hardly moved to basically disable his opponent uttely in spite of age, height, weight and reach disadvantages and a not unskilled opponent.

My point is that the guy who did this doesnt pretend he's the best but is still learning from those who are better. Technique and physique probably wont save you from someone who basically wins before the fight starts ( because they are faster than you are and will disable you with one move meaning you cannot err in any way ), the class was in Tai Chi but the master concerned was also proficient in the full range of soft style arts including Baguazhang and others and had trained and mastered the better known hard forms prior to training in the softer forms.

The only guy who'd have a chance would be the UFC type if he can get a lock of some sort and manage to hold it but I doubt that he would be able to achieve this against a the best martial artist alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

these 'martial artists' you are referring to don't have ANY of the advantages that you are talking about. they aren't faster, stronger, in better shape, and they're techniques are not tested, sound, or good for use against resisting opponents. basically your whole post is bs. also, a tkd guy=an unskilled opponent.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Re: streetfighter would win

[ QUOTE ]
lol at all of you underestimating the streetfighters. the best streetfighter in the world obviously is well trained in various martial arts and is extremly fit. in a no-rules/no-protection-situation he has the most experience and relevant training.

"how can he possibly pass a boxers guard?" kick him in the nuts.
"the ufc will take him down and submit him" on the ground he gets his eyes poked, a thumb up his ass and his testicles twisted.

a guy like young imi lichtenfeld, geoff thompson, marc young, or someone experienced real life fighter who dont like being famous would kick the nuts out of all the non-real-life-fighters.

[/ QUOTE ]

clueless. a skilled world class athlete will easily be able to use any and all dirty tactics against these 'street fighters' much better than they can. please see the original renzo gracie instructional tapes where ryan gracie holds down a 'street fighter' and bites his ear off. what happens when the world class boxer kicks your streetfighter in the nuts? it wouldn't matter, because he would k.o. him before it would come to that.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not to be a fanboy myself, but I really don't see how Fedor Emilianenko could not be the favourite over anyone else on Earth in a fight with no rules, no weapons, in a enclosed space. I certainly wouldn't fight him. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You really believe that nobody else in the entire world, beyond these few categories given in the OP, would be favored to beat Fedor in a fight to the death?

I am really surprised at the people undermining some of the military, sure there have been realistic points made illustrating that a SEAL probably wouldn't be the right man to win the deathmatch, but there are more hardcore members of the military than SEALs.

There has been a lot of laughter at the notion that no military training information is unavailable to the public, but that demonstrates a bit of naiveté. There are bonafide killing machines working for us above the level of ground soldiers, it is not a conspiracy theory, it is very real. There are men who work for the military who have killed over and over again with their barehands, breaking peoples wind pipes, gauging peoples eyes out, breaking their limbs with a quick motion, you show me where Fedor has done any of this. Being a UFC wrecking machine doesn't even begin to compare to the experience just listed, that unfortunately, some people on this planet have.

Fedors big and bad, sure.. but believe it, there are people much colder and more fierce than him, who have proven it, just not to the likes of me and you on our television sets or in an arena.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've come to the conclusion that this has to be a troll. no one is this misguided.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:52 PM

Those super hard core killing machine military dudes who kill repeatedly with their bare hands aren't ripping the throats out of MMA champions. If they're killing anybody it's chumps whose fighting skill most likely isn't very good.

That's like saying I can take LeBron 1on1 cause I can school some high school players on the court.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those super hard core killing machine military dudes who kill repeatedly with their bare hands aren't ripping the throats out of MMA champions. If they're killing anybody it's chumps whose fighting skill most likely isn't very good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Most likely, it is better for your argument that way too.

[ QUOTE ]
That's like saying I can take LeBron 1on1 cause I can school some high school players on the court.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a relevant analogy.

The conclusions I am drawing aren't based on hyperbole to support my argument, I was referring to facts. Since you are in agreement that soldiers with the kind of experience I outlined exist, how is it not ridiculous to claim they have no chance against the best UFC fighter?

If they were given 100 lives, how many times would Fedor come out on top? From reading the replies here, it seems the belief is every single time.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The conclusions I am drawing aren't based on hyperbole to support my argument, I was referring to facts. Since you are in agreement that soldiers with the kind of experience I outlined exist, how is it not ridiculous to claim they have no chance against the best UFC fighter?

If they were given 100 lives, how many times would Fedor come out on top? From reading the replies here, it seems the belief is every single time.

[/ QUOTE ]

hand to hand, no weapons? uh yeah lol- to not believe this boggles the mind.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dementia: Do you have any insider information, or are you just fantasizing?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's just fantasizing. 99% of close quarters combat training is with small arms and weapons (primarly knife), 1% is hand 2 hand combat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard from someone who knows people in the know that the weapon of choice by experts for sneaky close in killing is the garrote.

PairTheBoard
Old 12-08-2006, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hand to hand, no weapons? uh yeah lol- to not believe this boggles the mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because there's no such thing as a lucky punch in fighting, and the favorite never makes a mistake, or slips on the ground, and all unknown fighters can never be as good as the champ.

What was that we heard a while back about fanboys, once again?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody said Fedor was unbeatable. My guess would be that he'd win about 85-90% of the time through superior fighting technique and training. The rest is variance.