Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2006, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Fatties. My money where your mouth is.

Bumping to see if Jeff got back on track...

-bb.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:23 AM

I have lost about 15 lbs. I bought 38" trousers yesterday and they fit very well. There is a very nice 36 " pair o jeans that I brought with me from London, I havent worn then for over 2 years, hopefully will be able to some time next month.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:54 AM

I havent been following this thread too much but congrats to the few of you that have stuck with it and are seeing good results. Dont get down on yourself when you hit the inevitable plateau, just stick with it and the weight will continue to come off.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:08 PM

I just went looking for this thread on my own, I didn't even see it bumped! Thanks for thinking about me, bb!

Back on track. I've been [censored] up all over the place in the last few weeks, but I'm starting to get things in order again.

A big thing is no more regular drinking or smoking weed. I am just starting to realize just how hard these things are making it for me to lose weight. They're also costing me a ton of money, I spent a few hours in my online banking yesterday totalling up booze and weed and various fast food costs over the last three months. Well, it totally $2148. $750 a month is what it's costing me to not get healthier. So I basically decided that I can't screw around anymore. I'm especially sad at giving up weed, as it was instrumental in getting me away from 331lbs. It really enabled me to be awesome, it's hard to describe. It still is good when I use it while walking or whatever, but fighting the munchies and general lethargy any other time is just too much now. I feel like my weight loss is going to take off at full speed now that I'm finally stripping away the last few things holding me back.

I still haven't "started" B4L yet, but I will be doing it in the next few days. I'm almost done my planning and preperation, and I'm very excited to give it a go.

I do have a concern though, and that's my beloved kettlebell. I really am addicted to using it, and love how strong my entire body is becoming. B4L's plan uses mostly dumbbells, barbells and a very few machines to do everything. I'm wondering if I should try to adapt the B4L plan into something I can do with KBs, but I really feel like I should just do it 100% as written at least for the next three months. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Keep up the good work guys!

OH PS HOLY [censored] I CAN WEAR XL UNDERWEAR NOW!!!! I also don't own ANY clothes that fit anymore but screw it. I'll just suffer through the winter and do a big shop next spring/summer, hopefully a hundred pounds lighter.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:29 PM

Old 09-07-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
5-8 331 as I've said in this thread. GOSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids, not sure if this has been addressed, but if losing 200 is your true goal, it is VERY unrealistic. Maybe that # was just a max out payout #, but for a significant portion of my life I have been ~131#,( although a fatty at 163 now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) and you just don't have that body style. Shoot for 175.

Edit: NM, I see you are looking more at ~200, and 131 was more of a BMI thing.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:03 PM

That's awesome, Jeff - glad to see you've gotten your nose back to the grindstone. I just threw out one and a half large garbage bags worth of clothes myself - it's super-satisfying (if expensive... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ). Good man.

I don't know anything about the B4L program, but I do know about the Kettlebell addiction...I played a couple of rounds of pitch and putt and then hit a large bucket of golf balls last night and then I still hit the KB when I got home...at like 10:15 pm. I kind of felt like a maniac to be lifting that late when I should have been getting ready for bed (early day today), but I just couldn't *not* do it...

Along the lines of the weightloss thread, I was thinking - since I no longer need my high-capacity scale (people who've been following this thread may remember that I was the one who originally recommended it), if there's a fatty out there who can't weigh themselves because they don't have an adequate scale AND they could use such a scale because they want to take a Jeff Raider-like approach and really make an effort to lose weight, I'd be willing to donate it to you as an act of encouragement. PM me if you qualify - on BOTH counts - and if you strike me as someone who *really* wants it, I'll ship it to you.

As corny/odd as it may be, I have a sentimental attachment to the thing because it has been there through my loss of a hell of a lot of weight, and I want it to go to someone who has the same kind of drive for improving their situation that I do (and Jeff also now does). Weight-wise, the closer to 400 lbs or above, the more likely you'll be to get the scale. The scale's capacity goes up to 440.

-bb.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:16 PM

I like to update when this thread gets bumped, although I've only done so a couple of times. Started at 380 lbs. at the beginning of June with the goal of getting down 100 lbs. in a year (I'm 6'3" so I'm not sure what a good final weight would be - 220?). I'm down to 349 as of this past Monday morning, so things are going well.

I'm doing the Weight Watchers flexpoints plan, and it totally rocks. Getting down to 349 meant I went down in how many points I get per day, and that was a nice small victory for me overall.

Thanks to whoever bumped the thread.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Back from vacation, where somehow I didn't put on weight.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like to update when this thread gets bumped, although I've only done so a couple of times. Started at 380 lbs. at the beginning of June with the goal of getting down 100 lbs. in a year (I'm 6'3" so I'm not sure what a good final weight would be - 220?). I'm down to 349 as of this past Monday morning, so things are going well.

I'm doing the Weight Watchers flexpoints plan, and it totally rocks. Getting down to 349 meant I went down in how many points I get per day, and that was a nice small victory for me overall.
Thanks to whoever bumped the thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good for you. I don't know why more people don't follow the weight watchers plan. People are very stubborn. If you follow the plan it is almost impossible not to lose weight and the plan is easy to follow.