Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 04:17 PM

Default Re: A sub-point

[ QUOTE ]
no, if you don't want to take the time to read it then forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is the attitude of mutualists when asked to explain what they're talking about, I can't see it going anywhere.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:18 PM

sorry, we don't answer every question with "the free market will fix it" like some people. The pdf fully explains the issue. I read it, why can't you?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no, if you don't want to take the time to read it then forget it.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this is the attitude of mutualists when asked to explain what they're talking about, I can't see it going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually it is the attitude of mutualist: Everyone must do their own share. If you're not willing to read, why should he put forth more effort to explain it?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of money went to Katrina because it was all over the media. The person with mental or physical disabilities is not on the news unless he/she is a celebrity. this person has no charity drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't create an obligation on any particular person's part to contribute, and it certainly doesn't create a license for you to force anyone to contribute. If you think someone needs a chairity drive, get out there and drum up some money.

[ QUOTE ]
you say there's "not a lot of them around." how many are there, exactly? you obviously have no idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you? How many do you think there are, exactly?

[ QUOTE ]
let me guess, you are a middle to upper class white male who has never had to worry about money.

[/ QUOTE ]

That describes me pretty well. Some other words that would describe me:

* actively involved in a major, nationwide chairity serving mentally and physically disabled (non-celebrity!) people (from birth through adulthood) both through direct volunteer work and through coordination of fundraising activities.

My wife is a director at this organization. Her work is so low-paid that it may as well be chairity considering what salaries she could command elsewhere. So I kinda know what I'm talking about here.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

let me guess, you are a middle to upper class white male who has never had to worry about money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pathetic. Just for your information i have worked minimum wage jobs to get by, i have worked less than minimum wage jobs full time as well. I have held down three jobs (one of which more than full time) at one point in my life and 2 jobs multiple times. I have washed dishes for meals. I have worked with special needs kids, i have worked along side of a mentally retarded alcoholic who still managed to get to work most of the time. So go peddle your ignorance on the subject of my life somewhere else.

[ QUOTE ]
The person with mental or physical disabilities is not on the news unless he/she is a celebrity

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] - charitable organizations in the US

You can find a charity to help you and promote understanding of almost anything in the US. The national allience on mental illness, national alliance for research on schizophrenia and depression, national alliane to end homelessness, national allience for the terminally ill, These are just from the fisrt 11 options under the letter N. There are multiple listings for charities dedicated to helping homeless, those with mental desease and those with addiction problems and thats in the current system with the Fed taking 30% of your paycheck away.

[ QUOTE ]

you say there's "not a lot of them around." how many are there, exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

come on and educate me. I double dog dare you.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lot of money went to Katrina because it was all over the media. The person with mental or physical disabilities is not on the news unless he/she is a celebrity. this person has no charity drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't create an obligation on any particular person's part to contribute, and it certainly doesn't create a license for you to force anyone to contribute. If you think someone needs a chairity drive, get out there and drum up some money.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, no one put a gun to their head, but you expect something to get many more donations the more it's publicized.

[ QUOTE ]
you say there's "not a lot of them around." how many are there, exactly? you obviously have no idea.

Do you? How many do you think there are, exactly?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
That describes me pretty well. Some other words that would describe me:

* actively involved in a major, nationwide chairity serving mentally and physically disabled (non-celebrity!) people (from birth through adulthood) both through direct volunteer work and through coordination of fundraising activities.

My wife is a director at this organization. Her work is so low-paid that it may as well be chairity considering what salaries she could command elsewhere. So I kinda know what I'm talking about here.

[/ QUOTE ]

those comments were not addressing you. but since you know about this, are disabled people "very rare?" what % of the population is mentally or physically disabled?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pathetic. Just for your information i have worked minimum wage jobs to get by, i have worked less than minimum wage jobs full time as well. I have held down three jobs (one of which more than full time) at one point in my life and 2 jobs multiple times. I have washed dishes for meals. I have worked with special needs kids, i have worked along side of a mentally retarded alcoholic who still managed to get to work most of the time. So go peddle your ignorance on the subject of my life somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then how come you don't know what you're talking about?

[ QUOTE ]
The person with mental or physical disabilities is not on the news unless he/she is a celebrity

[censored] - charitable organizations in the US

You can find a charity to help you and promote understanding of almost anything in the US. The national allience on mental illness, national alliance for research on schizophrenia and depression, national alliane to end homelessness, national allience for the terminally ill, These are just from the fisrt 11 options under the letter N. There are multiple listings for charities dedicated to helping homeless, those with mental desease and those with addiction problems and thats in the current system with the Fed taking 30% of your paycheck away.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we don't need welfare then! Great. I think if there was more money for my depressed uncle he would've gotten it, as he really needs money. Or maybe they don't give everyone with those problems enough money to live on?

[ QUOTE ]

you say there's "not a lot of them around." how many are there, exactly?

come on and educate me. I double dog dare you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh now this is good. You claim something, then can't back it up, then try to turn it on me! That's awesome, you are awesome.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But Poofler, the free market will fix everything....

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Anyone who wants to accuse anyone of using strawmen should reference this post. Nobody has claimed it will fix everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't, you're actually fairly realistic. Others would like to believe a 300 million person free market economy will result in just a handful of people out of work, out of support, in defiance of economics and reality. That long-term unemployment and lack of health care won't exist for families who aren't "just lazy".
Old 12-13-2006, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So we don't need welfare then!

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought you were an anarchist?
Old 12-13-2006, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what % of the population is mentally or physically disabled?

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't even pretend to act like I have any idea what these numbers are, but I bet they are much higher than the percentage that are disabled beyond the point at which they can be productive in society, which, I think, is what was originally being discussed.