Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs

[ QUOTE ]
the pistons are a disgrace if they lose this game...they should be killing this team...i don't understand...how did they win a championship (ben wallace that much of an MVP?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I still don't understand how they beat the Lakers in 5 games either. Either Larry Brown is that good or Shaq & Kobe wanted to kill each other at that point.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:56 PM

lol @ sheed's jersey throw
Old 05-30-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ship the title to the Spurs

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. They are clearly the cream of the remaining crop. I just don't understand all the abject hatred of the Spurs. Perhaps there is some jealousy involved (they are the closest thing to an NBA dynasty). No one can deny that they are well coached, extremely disciplined, highly aggressive, and put on the pressure for the entire 48 minutes. How can anyone hate the way Timmy and Parker play? Ginobili may flop, but he also takes some very hard charges and there are few who can slash and finish the way he does. I'll admit that Bowen's knee to Nash's man area was bushleague, but he works harder on the perimeter than anyone in the NBA. Man up, guys, and admit the Spurs are a great team. Oh, and Eva is way hotter than Kid Rock.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a shock that the Cavs won any games this year. Luckily they just matched up well with some teams to win 50 games & to be 2-2 in the Eastern Conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, give them some credit. While they obviously aren't on the level of the championship caliber Bulls or clearly superior Nets, they've obviously got a good coach and Larry Hughes was in that video by the other chick from Destiny's Child who had a solo project.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's a shock that the Cavs won any games this year. Luckily they just matched up well with some teams to win 50 games & to be 2-2 in the Eastern Conference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only person who read this as obvious sarcasm?
Old 05-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Seriously.. get with it people.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ship the title to the Spurs

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. They are clearly the cream of the remaining crop. I just don't understand all the abject hatred of the Spurs. Perhaps there is some jealousy involved (they are the closest thing to an NBA dynasty). No one can deny that they are well coached, extremely disciplined, highly aggressive, and put on the pressure for the entire 48 minutes. How can anyone hate the way Timmy and Parker play? Ginobili may flop, but he also takes some very hard charges and there are few who can slash and finish the way he does. I'll admit that Bowen's knee to Nash's man area was bushleague, but he works harder on the perimeter than anyone in the NBA. Man up, guys, and admit the Spurs are a great team. Oh, and Eva is way hotter than Kid Rock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone thinks the Spurs aren't a very good team. But that has little to do with most people's dislike of them. I like Parker. I like watching Duncan and Manu, but the whining is over the top. You have to realize how that's going to push away neutral fans. Bowen is a great defender, but I can't root for someone that pulls that [censored] constantly.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ sheed's jersey throw

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-30-2007, 12:10 AM

I think the Spurs haters are, quite simply, jealous. They may hate Ginobili, but they all wish they had someone on their team who could do what he does. Essentially, he puts the other team on tilt.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:11 AM

I wasn't jealous of the Bulls. I wasn't jealous of the Lakers. I wasn't jealous of the Rockets. I wasn't/am not jealous of the Pistons.