Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread

I think I have levelled off. Right about low 30's in TS. Seems about right.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:23 PM

Well, I suck at this game probably, but I should probably try to play online someday. Haven't played anything online yet, just got my Live account last week. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nolanfan34 on XBL.

Right now I'm just playing through the solo campaign and really liking it. I never played Halo or Halo 2, so it's all new to me. Seems like I spend a lot of time hiding behind things or shooting from far away, lol. So any of you guys would probably slaughter me in online play.

Unless I get the Scorpion. Driving the tank rules.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I suck at this game probably, but I should probably try to play online someday. Haven't played anything online yet, just got my Live account last week. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

nolanfan34 on XBL.

Right now I'm just playing through the solo campaign and really liking it. I never played Halo or Halo 2, so it's all new to me. Seems like I spend a lot of time hiding behind things or shooting from far away, lol. So any of you guys would probably slaughter me in online play.

Unless I get the Scorpion. Driving the tank rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Always glad to add another 2p2er to my list, especially those in the same time zone as me.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:36 PM

Sorry for the double. My K/D is up to a whopping .73, which is actually a pretty good change considering the limited time I have available to play. Some guys I met playing Team Slayer last night asked me if I wanted to play co-op on legendary. Did that, holy crap was it brutal. Got two skulls out of it before I had to call it a night.

Also, I was inspired by TSC to mess around with theater last night. I put a clip on my file share of me taking on 3 guys in The Pit. It is by no means a display of elite skillz but I was pretty proud of how it turned out for me.

Also, continuing to love the battle rifle. Construct is turning out to be one of my best maps, mostly because of my increasing proficiency with the BR.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 PM

Construct is easily one of the funnest maps, Guardian is growing on me a ton as well. Those two and Pit are the [censored] for me at least. I like Epitah, but it never gets selected. Funny since these are the most "halo" like maps. I really don't like High Ground much, Valhalla on BTS is tight as [censored], Sandtrap is fun too, but mostly slayer style games. Snowbound is quickly denegrating into a bogfest. At first it didn't bother me, but now it sucks ass, hard. I am starting to like Narrows even less now as well.

Nolan, good to see you online, we will have to battle together. WEST COAST BIOTCHES!

The theater is pretty sweet too, you can watch that dude that was pwning the [censored] out of you and see how he plays. Also its always fun watching beat downs with the hammer in slow mo. I put up a high-res pic of myself facializng someone on The Pit with a shotgun.

I am starting to realize the value of sticky grenades. I had a pretty nasty double kill across the pit(I love this level!) with a sticky on two jagoffs trying to use a regenerator.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:20 PM

GT: o praxis o

I just picked up my copy a few days ago. Played a bunch as a 40-45 (TS) on a friend's account. Currently a rising 20.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:44 PM

My thoughts on maps:

Construct: One of my favorites.

Guardian: A fun map, one that I really want to like, but that I currently suck at. Tends to turn into a big camp fest in the elevator room but I dont mind that so much on this map. Smacking peoplel around with the gravity hammer is much fun.

Highground: Love this map. I do really well on it, which is probably why I like it so much to be honest.

Isolation: Like this map a lot, teamwork is essential on this particular map.

Last resort: Kind of meh on this map, but I didnt like Zanzibar on Halo 2 that much either. Havent really played this map a whole lot though.

Narrows: Agree its getting a little stale but I still like it for some reason. I think this map shines a little more on objective based games.

Snowbound: This map sucks ass. I hate it and its not just because I suck at it. I just dont like running into a room over and over again, as inevitably happens on this map. I pretty much veto this map every time.

The Pit: Didnt like this map at first but Im really loving it. Lots of options on how you want you want to play it, although usually it revolves around the energy sword spawn area. People dont seem to go for the overshield spawn very much, which makes me happy.

Valhalla: Pretty fun map, pretty strategic and I really like pwning people with the banshee.

The rest of the maps I havent played enough to really comment on.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Just got up to major after back to back wins on construct. Lone Wolves lvl 30, though Im definitely leveling off. 35 seems out of the question.

As for my map commments

Construct: Like it.

Guardian: Meh. I like tossing grenades into the big battle room but Im not very good here.

Highground: OK

Isolation: Dislike

Last resort: Alright.

Narrows: Meh

Snowbound: I like this place.

The Pit: Least favorite by far.

Valhalla: Very cool although I dont play it much.

These tend to change depending on how Im doing at the time though. Any map I win at goes to the top, and if I lose the map sucks.

oh yeah got my K/D ratio to .82 holla
Old 10-29-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anyone have a clue how skill rating is calculated?

[/ QUOTE ]

No one does, but it's a calculation based on your skill level, the skill level of your opponents, your place @ the end of the match, how much you won or lost by, your k/d ratio, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was something whacked up like that. I seem to finish 95% of my games in 2-4, but knew it wasnt a set addition/subtraction of points for each place.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Snowbound: This map sucks ass. I hate it and its not just because I suck at it. I just dont like running into a room over and over again, as inevitably happens on this map. I pretty much veto this map every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this map because it's so easy to go on splatter sprees with the ghost, which is basically the most satisfying thing you can do in a game of Halo.