Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

Why do people think the DOUBLEDRAG accounts chipdumped to 3rd party accounts by the 100k rather than simply cashout ASAP. ABS would be able to trace a cashout directly just as easily it could trace an account that just had 250k blatantly dumped to it. Unless these cheaters had a whole system of accounts to disperse to it would seem better to cashout rather than make things even sketchier by a panicked series of chipdumps. I think this says to me that the doubledrag accounts could have likely been house accounts (the names of the 5 accounts are very similar in meaning and style indicating creation by 1 person) on which the cheater had no "cashout" options so in the end he was forced to make a sloppy chipdump.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:35 PM

Please don't try to put this in a magazine. Last thing online poker needs is every b&m fish reading about how online poker is rigged.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't try to put this in a magazine. Last thing online poker needs is every b&m fish reading about how online poker is rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, no one here ever thought of that. Thanks a ton for your contribution.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some media outlet will get a hold of the story eventually, you might as well try to get the fair side told
Old 09-19-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think if you convert the HH it would be fine (with maybe a link to the raw one). The T-high call is going to hold a lot of water with anyone who's played even a little poker. I'd hate to lose it. Plus it breaks up the monotony a little with pretty colors.

[/ QUOTE ]

BUt unless it's done in a Card Player Magazine hand analysis style most casual poker players who dont use hand histories will get lost or will stop reading halfway thru. Simple summary is key to media articles and if youre forced to cut corners and details, then make key points as succinct and terse as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's just give Cardplayer or Bluff the whole story, then let them decide what to use as a headline grabber.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

some media outlet will get a hold of the story eventually, you might as well try to get the fair side told

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't control the story, the story controls you.

You have 48 hours to comply. (That's what she said.)
Old 09-19-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As far as a possible media contact I would suggest Steven Levitt, the author of Freakonomics. He runs a blog through the New York Times.Freakonomics Blog He is obviously pretty high profile from the success of the book. More importantly he was also involved in the Pokernomics project Pokernomics Webpage

He even mentions pokertracker on the pokernomics webpage. He seems like he could be the absolute perfect person to condense the poker math down to a level that the mass media would understand, he has a ton of credibility and could pretty easily make a basic post on his blog that would raise the necessary red flag.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an excellent idea, instant credibility too

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what we want here are established statisticians and poker players that everyone trusts. Not proponents of controversial theories that are still being hotly debated.

[/ QUOTE ]

as soon as the database with all the hand-histories is ready, somebody needs to do the math. maybe ask the probability forum about the "how?" and the "who?". but it'll be certainly not enough that we just know that it is unpossible. we need some numbers so that we can say "it is more likely that you'll be struck 10x by lightning in a row" or something...
Old 09-19-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't control the story, the story controls you.

You have 48 hours to comply. (That's what she said.)

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLL <3 the office
Old 09-19-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people think the DOUBLEDRAG accounts chipdumped to 3rd party accounts by the 100k rather than simply cashout ASAP. ABS would be able to trace a cashout directly just as easily it could trace an account that just had 250k blatantly dumped to it. Unless these cheaters had a whole system of accounts to disperse to it would seem better to cashout rather than make things even sketchier by a panicked series of chipdumps. I think this says to me that the doubledrag accounts could have likely been house accounts (the names of the 5 accounts are very similar in meaning and style indicating creation by 1 person) on which the cheater had no "cashout" options so in the end he was forced to make a sloppy chipdump.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you notice how when he was dumping he blatantly dumped to a ton of different people, some of which who are friends of mine that I know for a fact aren't involved. It was smart dumping IMO. A huge cashout would've never went through with the allegations going on right now.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, no one here ever thought of that. Thanks a ton for your contribution.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes what I said had been brought up earlier in the thread but now you guys are going around talking about putting it in cardplayer anyways. Noone outside of these forums or without a decent understand of pokertracker will find that evidence meaningful or conclusive. If it is solid enough to put in a magazine and show the general public it should be solid enough to take legal action but we all know that it isn't so until further clarification of the issue I think it would be best to pursue justice through means other than the public cruxifiction of online poker.
Closed Thread