Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A player is cheated if his opponent ever calls the clock on him when the opponent has the nuts
Yes 0 0%
No 47 100.00%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2007, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Brodeur looks human

I'm not watching the game... what happened at the start of the third, with all the fights & misconducts?
Old 04-17-2007, 09:58 PM

More misconducts but no fights. Rangers win 7-0, Nylander with a trick and we go for the s---- tomorrow night.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not watching the game... what happened at the start of the third, with all the fights & misconducts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah misconducts, but no real fights. Avery and Kovalchuk both dropped the gloves but it wasn't really a fight. The Refs at that point just started booting people with the misconducts to make sure the blowout didn't get out of hand (control-wise) more than anything else.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not watching the game... what happened at the start of the third, with all the fights &amp; misconducts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah misconducts, but no real fights. Avery and Kovalchuk both dropped the gloves but it wasn't really a fight. The Refs at that point just started booting people with the misconducts to make sure the blowout didn't get out of hand (control-wise) more than anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

who was that douche who stepped in between avery and kovalchuk? If both players are okay with fighting, let them fight.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
atlanta needs to fire don waddell asap

the best he can muster by trading every scrap of prospects he had, while passing on several NHL stars in the draft, is this crap? marian hossa has no heart - we all knew that from his days in ottawa - but this is just ridiculous

what a terrible team, and sure to get worse, because there's just nothing left in the cupboard. this is as good as it gets, atlanta fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
be careful what you wish for. Tampa and Atlanta have high flying stars - the Devils simply don't this year. I know the Rangers have played stellar hockey of late but I'm skeptical that they can stop guys like Hossa, Kovalchuk, Lecavalier, or St. Louis from running over them the way Elias, Gomez, and Gionta did in last year's playoffs. Throw in the fact that Brodeur's stolen exactly one series in his career, and the Devils don't like that bad a matchup for the Rangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you schizophrenic?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 PM

where's the contradiction?

i guess w/ hossa - but the thrashers have been pretty bad. there's no excuse losing 7-0 in a playoff game. the rangers were also excellent tonight, from what i saw.

i picked the rangers to win the series - just didn't think it would be this soon.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:46 PM

Canucks win!!! WOOHOOOO!!! Textbook 2007-style Vancouver victory.

Luongo was a beast in net. Very solid. Was scary... with about 3 minutes left, he let one squeek through five-hole which trickled just on the line, was halfway over and would have gone in if Willie Mitchell hadn't swiped it out. Whew... pretty good 3rd period though... 1st and 2nd stunk.

Comin' back to VAN for a possible series-ender!!
Old 04-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Didn't Trevor Linden play for the Canucks on like the '87 Sega game? How long has he been there?
Old 04-17-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't Trevor Linden play for the Canucks on like the '87 Sega game? How long has he been there?

[/ QUOTE ]

he spent some time in limbo with the capitals, islanders, and montreal - people forget that, mainly because he didn't do anything. however, he was included in some of the worst deals of all time.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he spent some time in limbo with the capitals, islanders, and montreal - people forget that, mainly because he didn't do anything. however, he was included in some of the worst deals of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definetly won't argue that, and I wish he had stayed in Vancouver the whole way through. He's our franchise poster boy. Everybody loves Linden. I got to meet him too, two summers ago.. worked for a moving company which had the Canucks contract and got to move him into a new house. Huge tip! Great guy!