Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2006, 04:40 PM

Default Re: New Fight Question

wolverine> down, down-back, back + kick = hurricane kick = pwnage> southern people > ufc/etc.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:50 PM

Dementia: Do you have any insider information, or are you just fantasizing?
Old 12-08-2006, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dementia: Do you have any insider information, or are you just fantasizing?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's just fantasizing. 99% of close quarters combat training is with small arms and weapons (primarly knife), 1% is hand 2 hand combat.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:13 PM

Whoever is going to beat the boxer has to catch him first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexazLr6pSY
Old 12-08-2006, 05:47 PM

The MMA fighter would be a 20+:1 favorite against any of the other groups.
There is precedent for this, the very first days of UFC when the rules were pretty much exactly as you described (only eyegouging was not allowed and most fights ended with a guy being in a position where he could have been easily killed in the absence of a referee.) Royce Gracie, a guy who can't even compete with the top fighters now, took on guys from all the other groups you have described and went undefeated in fights where he was not injured already at the start of the fight. He only lost when eventually people who had been training for MMA combat joined in.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:17 PM

I read this entire thread unfortunately. The answer is the UFC/Pride fighter no question. UFC settled this debate a long time ago. Before UFC people wondered who would be the best fighter in no holds barred: boxer, wrestling, or karate guy. As UFC has evolved it became clear a mixture of these skills was necessary to be a champion.

Anybody who thinks the SEAL or Karate guy would win is a moron btw.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So they've proven it, just that nobody besides themselves have ever actually seen the proof?

[/ QUOTE ]
And those who employ them for specific jobs, obviously. But that isn't information that would be made public, it isn't a sport or spectacle. Do you believe that there aren't people with that kind of experience working for the military, or are you leaning toward it being a myth since we don't know them personally?

[/ QUOTE ]

right on dude. actually, there's a flying spaghetti monster that is actually super fierce. he and his spaghetti friends have witnessed it. no one else is allowed to see it though. you are foolish. there is not a single person training in the military that has any chance against fedor in any kind of unarmed no rules duel type combat. there also isn't anyone training in some tucked away dojo in okinawa, and no one doing death touch. and no, there are no sudden 'bone break' techniques that are practical that you haven't seen in mma. i need to ask the people posting this moronic crap if they are 13 years old watching gymkata and american ninja over and over again.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:33 PM

Default Re: The Answer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
8) UFC guy vs Martial Artist
I think the only difference between many UFC fighters and martial artists is the amount of time they spend training. UFC fighters have no life outside of fighting, so they win through a sheer training advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so funny, it so depends on what kind of martial artist. A UFC fighter trains to win UFC events never trains to win fights to the death, where many martial artist do train for life and death situations. So funny...
You guys watch way to much TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

clueless. yeah, these guys that do kata all day are really preparing themselves for a situation against a trained resisting attacker.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:36 PM

Default Re: The Answer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another point regarding the marital artist being such a deep field that needs to brought up, if you got some real specialty areas and I’m not sure where I stand on this but… you have folks like George Dillman and you need to account for what they bring to the table and its not the normal martial arts approach. If you are not familiar with Dillman just google his name and pressure points, watch some videos… you’ll get the idea…

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean... that George Dillman whose "chi technique" got ridiculed on National Geographic ?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=g-x4iJM2aU4

[/ QUOTE ]

george dillman is a joke. as is anyone that talks about chi, or 'energy' or touchless knockouts, or dim mak etc.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boxer, not close in the slightest, although I'm sure the UFC marketing team would be ecstatic to read this thread. The best hand to hand fighter in the world would be the guy who, surprise surprise, competes in the hand to hand competitions involving the most money. Capitalism at it's finest. The idea that say, Floyd Mayweather Jr. wouldn't be a 2 to 1 favorite against the best MMA fighter at the same weight is beyond ludicrous.

[/ QUOTE ]

although i'm glad your not another traditional martial arts idiot, you are incorrect. a true boxer with no takedown defense would really have no chance. i have trained with boxers with 10x more boxing skill than me and have taken them down and schooled them with ease. i can only imagine how easy it would be for an actual good wrestler.