Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Celtics

This is perfect for me if I work somewhere else after school. Stick around for next 2-3 years while team has shot at title, then leave when all six of their ankles go bust.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:40 PM

KG reportedly wants $125M/5 year extension. Wowzer. That's a bit much.

I'm starting to get a little heartbroken. It'll be exciting, I'll enjoy watching the games, but it'll kind of be a farce, ya know? Al Jefferson is a Celtic, through and through. When KG gets inducted into the HoF, think he's wearing a C's jersey? No chance. Will Ray Allen be remembered a a Celtic? Nope. It's a bit of a bummer.

And yes, I realize my feelings are cliche which SE is just sooo above. But it's a bummer, damn it.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:44 PM

I'm not gonna respond to every post that I disagree with, but I'll just say that I think a lot of you are drastically overestimating how good they'll be if they make this deal and drastically underestimating how much this will cost them long-term.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:49 PM

If this deal goes through, I'd expect mid 50s win total. It'll take a little while for 3 20+ ppg, franchise guys to gel.

I wouldn't expect a finals birth the first season. Doc is too incompetent for that.

The future was already [censored] thanks to the Allen deal.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If this deal goes through, I'd expect mid 50s win total. It'll take a little while for 3 20+ ppg, franchise guys to gel.

I wouldn't expect a finals birth the first season. Doc is too incompetent for that.

The future was already [censored] thanks to the Allen deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mid 50's? Like 55-27? I think that's way high. I think they'll be a 48 to 50 win team with this trade which should make them a top 3 team in the East.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:10 PM

"KG reportedly wants $125M/5 year extension. Wowzer. That's a bit much."

That's almost exactly what Shaq was offered. Then Shaq turned it down saying the Heat needed some of that money to sign others. So he changed it to 100 mil instead of 120.

But I agree with you, it's a bit much.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:14 PM

I think you're way high. They're in the East, the Atlantic Conference specifically. The worst division in basketball.

Maybe they only net 48 wins, whether it be due to Doc, injuries, or the big 3 just not clicking (i.e. Doc), but if that's all you expect out of them, you're a huge pessimist. Cleveland won 50 games and got to the finals all on Lebron's shoulders and some solid rebounding and team defense. You have to at least expect that much out of KG/PP/Allen.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:20 PM

With Allen/Pierce/KG healthy the team is a huge disappointment if they don't win 50 games and reach the Eastern Conference finals.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:10 PM

Celtics walk to the finals with KG. Told people not to bash the Allen trade because it was a good chance for Ainge to go for the gold given the state of the ECF.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:13 PM

i think even if you end up giving up major value in the long run, making this team competitive again NOW is a major priority. people are sick of the C's being a total joke and there is a legit chance for just about anyone to make the right moves and come out of the east. i like it, especially if we can get rid of doc soon.