Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 02:07 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-06-2006, 02:13 AM

Default Re: WSOP Main Event Day 4 thread

[ QUOTE ]

You guys are trying to have it both ways. You keep commenting on how so many players are making ridiculous donkey calls with marginal hands. Then, when a player pushes with a big hand and somebody folds, you say he shouldn't have pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all. You shouldn't count on your opponent making a donkey call, especially not a player as apparently skilled as McClain. In the absence of evidence that such a bad call is likely, is a push the best way to win the greatest number chips? The responses here seem to indicate that a push was a major error.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:14 AM

daniel krietzman (~450k) is 2p2er DanielK.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:15 AM

I got knocked out 198th. I came back from dinner with 350k and with blinds 3k/6k and in EP made the tables normal raise of 30k. A shortstack of 93k pushed and i called, he held AA, fair enough.

A round later i had 253k and posted the BB. The button raised to 30k and i pushed with AKo. He thought for a long time and called with AQo, hit his Q and thast it. 43kish for my place, oh well try again next year.

I actually feel pretty good about my result considering i took what was possibly the worst bad beat of the tournament (flop J73 i have 77 he has 66, all in on 6 turn river 6, blah blah blah.) Whattya gonna do.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The responses here seem to indicate that a push was a major error.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, the best possible hand for McClain was likely to be either a weak 9 or a middling pair; I'd say a high percentage of the time here, he's going to be on total air. If Gold calls the flop bet, he's not going to "easily stack" McClain unless McClain has hit the flop. You can't just smoothly call a big bet with the board of 933 and have your opponent think "oh he must be weak, I'll just push in on the turn and he'll fold".

It might have been an error, but I sincerely doubt a single extra chip was coming from McClain after his original flop bet.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its pretty obvious that our chipleader is a donk. note his PF action as well. and then with the immortal nuts, he's j i z z ing all over himself and chasing out an opponent he should have easily stacked.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree 100% w/ this

[/ QUOTE ]

You can defend the preflop limp, the flop push, and what was described of his "tells" when McLain was contemplating the call. However, the combination of all 3 does not give the impression of a strong player.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A round later i had 253k and posted the BB. The button raised to 30k and i pushed with AKo. He thought for a long time and called with AQo, hit his Q and thast it. 43kish for my place, oh well try again next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that, gg.

I can't believe people are making calls like that, another 220k give or take with AQo. I could never play in this tournament.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The responses here seem to indicate that a push was a major error.

[/ QUOTE ]

In all honesty, the best possible hand for McClain was likely to be either a weak 9 or a middling pair; I'd say a high percentage of the time here, he's going to be on total air. If Gold calls the flop bet, he's not going to "easily stack" McClain unless McClain has hit the flop. You can't just smoothly a big bet with the board of 933 and have your opponent think "oh he must be weak, I'll just push in on the turn and he'll fold".

It might have been an error, but I sincerely doubt a single extra chip was coming from McClain after his original flop bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with this as to likely hands and action. He is probably only stacking McLain if he has a 3 or makes a flush. If McLain has an over pair or makes top pair, he may give some action.

Based on the situation and betting, I would think a pure bluff was possible. The fact that McLean took several minutes to think indicates he was really contemplating calling, which makes me think he had an over pair, A9s, or maybe something like 53s.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:25 AM

No Respect
Humberto Brenes raises to $32,000 under-the-gun. Doug Kim calls in the cut-off. Robert Isakson calls in the small blind. The flop falls 9diamond6heart5heart. Iaskson and Brenes check to Kim. Kim bets $70,000 and Isakson calls. Brenes stands up, points at himself, and says, "Didn't I raise? No respect." Brenes folds his hand. The turn is the 2club and Isakson checks. Kim bets $150,000 and Isakson moves all-in for $195,000 more. Kim calls and flips over 5spade5diamond. Isakson shows JspadeJdiamond. The turn is the Aheart and each players' chips are counted out. Both players have exactly the same amount of chips and Kim eliminates Isakson. Kim now has $928,000.

go tech go!

Also, seems like awful play by dude with JJ here.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got knocked out 198th. I came back from dinner with 350k and with blinds 3k/6k and in EP made the tables normal raise of 30k. A shortstack of 93k pushed and i called, he held AA, fair enough.

I actually feel pretty good about my result considering i took what was possibly the worst bad beat of the tournament (flop J73 i have 77 he has 66, all in on 6 turn river 6, blah blah blah.) Whattya gonna do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was a table away during the 66 ..runner runner perfect hand..that was SICK.

Nice cash man.

MRX