check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2007, 12:50 AM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $99.00
BB: $103.60
UTG: $179.30
Hero (BTN): $119.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q A (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $4.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $12.00</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls $8.00

Flop: ($25.50) A J 2 (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $18.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $167.30</font>, Hero ?

i just sat down at beginning of session

[/ QUOTE ]

Checking behind is way better than bet/fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

dl,

Sometimes bet, sometimes check, betting more than checking. Lots of different reasons for either play depending on your history that session and the specific opponent.

cw,

pokerstove. There's a good chance he has diamonds. You still can't call unless this guy is crazy and might have nothing.

[/ QUOTE ]

agree 100%
Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How bad is this? Villain is 23/12 but open-raises nearly 30%, little understanding of position. Cbets 100% over 800 datamined hands. Has high turn aggression, too.

1) Is PF a spew?
2) How's my cbet raise? Should I play this draw more passive?
3) Do you call his shove?

Seat 3: Kooll31 ( $76.94 )
Seat 6: Firetribe ( $49.75 )
Seat 8: panpan13 ( $14.75 )
Seat 10: Kuba1986 ( $53.15 )
panpan13 posts Small Blind $0.25
Kuba1986 posts Big Blind $0.50
Dealing cards
Your cards J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [Firetribe]
Kooll31 raises $2
Firetribe calls $2
panpan13 folds
Kuba1986 folds

Dealing Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Kooll31 bets $4
Firetribe raises $15.25
Kooll31 goes All-in $70.94
Firetribe? Has $32.50 left...

[/ QUOTE ]

another line, although I like manchild's as well regarding pf. Calling the flop in this situation is also fine given your read of postition. Floating here isn't ideal but could get you to showdown or allow you to pick up the pot. Shoving the rr on the flop is flip city as stated by manchild.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:35 PM

hand reading time, no reads other than he's full stacked. advice on what to do is ok, but id also like to put him on a range for each street, obv river is most important but advice on other streets also welcome.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $378.65
Hero (BB): $200.00
UTG: $200.00
CO: $233.70
BTN: $362.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, SB calls $16.00

Flop: ($44) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($44) 7 (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $26.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $62.00</font>, Hero calls $36.00

River: ($168) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $116.00</font>, Hero:???????
Old 08-21-2007, 12:51 PM

Karp,
KQss hand is fine. If you bet like the river it looks really bluffy vs. someone who can hand read.
With JTcc you have 384932u85432 outs and are getting 238493984329:1 call.

Stallowned AQ is fine bet the river.
Insta shove top set. Whenever I have something weird that I think of making a hero call there I'm so happy when they check back sets.

Bengie,
Call with AQ he can have lots of draws and a lot of the hands that are beating you 4bet pre and don't overbet shove the flop. Also folding here is incredibly exploitable (I know it doesn't matter if they don't exploit it, but still)

Yugo,
Fine, but it sucks. You need to call that river becaues you are getting such good odds, but you are rarely ahead.

Diamond,
Shove with AA if he can have ATC you have the best but vulnerable hand a lot.
Check with QQ call a turn bet. Reevaluate river.
With KQhh raise/call or call it doesn't matter much.

Terrelk,
Looks fine. Shove flop is you aren't 200bb deep.

FD,
I would bet call the flop a lot.
As played his line looks so bluffy and so does your. I would call.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:55 PM

Well...I can't see him having much on the flop, because that would mean he went for a double check/raise and there is really no reason for him to think you'll bet that turn.

So, I'm pretty sure ur hand is good on the turn. I don't think he has TT+, 33, 22 or 99 which reasonable hands for him to call ur 3-bet with.

So, hands that hit that turn are 77, 78s, 76s. 77 is really the only one that makes much sense for a c/r to me. I don't think he plays a naked 7 that strong.

The 7 coming on the river would make me eliminate 77.

So, what's that leave? A draw or random bluff. So, I'm putting him on T8s.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:18 PM

FD,

edit: i completely misread the hand - i'll try again.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:21 PM

FD,

i never ever fold to that kind of action. When most people check behind the flop, they have AK type hands.

When you get tricky and check behind with an ACTUAL hand, it throws people off.

I like the way you played it and i would call the river and expect to see a weird draw/AQ type stuffs.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand reading time, no reads other than he's full stacked. advice on what to do is ok, but id also like to put him on a range for each street, obv river is most important but advice on other streets also welcome.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $1/$2 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $378.65
Hero (BB): $200.00
UTG: $200.00
CO: $233.70
BTN: $362.60

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $6.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $22.00</font>, SB calls $16.00

Flop: ($44) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($44) 7 (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $26.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $62.00</font>, Hero calls $36.00

River: ($168) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $116.00</font>, Hero:???????

[/ QUOTE ]

With no other read than his stack I'd have to lean a little towards giving him som e credit, which means a fairly wide range for the preflop raise.

[Suited connectors 56+, some higher one gapped suited connectors, some higher connectors, all broadway+, Ax, all pocket pairs]

Calling your 3 bet OOP is going to probably get rid of mediocre aces and broadway and a lot of unsuited connectors and probably rule out QQ+ as well for most players. Whether or not he plays good suited connectors often or is just set mining or pot control with AQ or AK or something I don't really know. I'd keep all the set mining hands in and weight the other a little less.

I think he checks the flop often with the entire range.

Turn checkraise is interesting. I don't think I would ever be checkraising here because I would have lead pretty much every time I was interested in the pot. I don't really know the reason for this, but it seems that when I don't cbet and it gets back to me unbet on the turn people almost always fold to a bet there. On the one hand you've seemingly shown that you have a hand you can be taken off of, but maybe so many people slowplay they are suspicious when you check the flop.

There are a few big draws in his range, 97, TT, 22, 33, 77, and bluffs. Many of his bluffs are going to have to be weighted towards things like a gutshot or something as other pockets that didn't hit a set or a lot of overs are going to be thinking about showing down.

I would weight the draws a little lower cause I just think if he's going to get aggro with a draw he would have just lead the turn.

It's hard to say whether he's just putting you on AK and trying to make you fold or taking you to valuetown, but not knowing him, I'd be leaning towards the hands that beat you.

Pasterbator's comments are good and he certainly can be putting you on AK on the turn, but I just don't find myself c-raised often enough in that spot to think he's making a move often enough. Perhaps he thinks he's taking AK to valuetown with 88 (or maybe T9).
Old 08-21-2007, 02:08 PM

micro, i think the drawiness of the board means he doesnt want to give a free card w/ very many made hands, which i think makes most overpairs and top pair type hands much less likely. if he's good sets are much less likely also but some people cant resist slowplaying sets regardless of the board/action.
Old 08-21-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
micro, i think the drawiness of the board means he doesnt want to give a free card w/ very many made hands, which i think makes most overpairs and top pair type hands much less likely. if he's good sets are much less likely also but some people cant resist slowplaying sets regardless of the board/action.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, but no hand really makes sense to me. With any kind of a bluff - semi or not, he's making it much more expensive than it needs to be if he really thinks you have nothing. If he has a semi-bluff, he's missing a shot at taking the pot down by leading the turn and possibly winning a big pot if you call and he hits. If he has a made hand he's offering a chance at a free card which could cost him the pot and also costs him any value he could get from any kind of draw.

Of course most people should not be playing their hands the way I would play them.

I really don't know - I just don't find myself checkraised there very much.