Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 04:26 AM

Default Re: My iPhone \'experience\'

[ QUOTE ]
This lady had a really bad iPhone plan

This lady was smiles and flashy of cash until reality hit. This clip is great

[/ QUOTE ]

She looked really smart, suprised that happened to her... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have a question. What is Apple's justification for not putting a higher speed internet in the phone. That would be the one main selling point for me. If the internet is going to be slow, I won't even bother.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question. What is Apple's justification for not putting a higher speed internet in the phone. That would be the one main selling point for me. If the internet is going to be slow, I won't even bother.

[/ QUOTE ]
Drains the battery (which you have to send in to get replaced) too quickly
Old 07-02-2007, 05:10 AM

Default Re: My iPhone review (long)

[ QUOTE ]
AT&T is a silly company. They have a bad reputation when it comes to their customer service (on any thing they offer). I mean they changed the freaking name from Cingular back to AT&T. You can obviously see there a few screws loose in the top management.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cingular bought out the AT&T company and thought that its name branding would be better recognized/accepted than Cingular, what's wrong with that?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
AT&T is a silly company. They have a bad reputation when it comes to their customer service (on any thing they offer). I mean they changed the freaking name from Cingular back to AT&T. You can obviously see there a few screws loose in the top management.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cingular bought out the AT&T company and thought that its name branding would be better recognized/accepted than Cingular, what's wrong with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

i could be wrong but i mostly agree with the other guy. i thought that they orginally switched names because of the bad rep they had. naturally i thought they switched back for more metagame reasons. if it was a name branding reason why did it take so long? i could be completely wrong so please help me out but to me both of these companies just seem like complete crap and i would never give them my monies.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry i have not read this thread, has there been a date set for release in Europe? Wikipedia just says late '07..

[/ QUOTE ]

An update on this would be really interesting...cant wait to get my iphone [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2007, 09:50 AM

check out macrumors.com. They will probably announce the release date in europe around this week (too bad it will probably in december or something like that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].)

I really want one bad...
Old 07-02-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This lady had a really bad iPhone plan

This lady was smiles and flashy of cash until reality hit. This clip is great

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO
Old 07-02-2007, 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- 450 rollover min, 5000 nighttime/weekend, 200 txt msg, unlimited data plan. Realize any call to an AT&T number (home or cell) does not count against your min.

This statement is only half true. We do offer plans that have unlimited AT&T calling (home or cell) but not all do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only our Unity plans have unlimited AT&T calling (cell and landline) and they have a few draw backs.
- you do not get Rollover minutes with these plans
- you must have an Bellsouth/AT&T landline with a qualifying long distance plan
- you must be on combined billing

Unity plans were first annouced when AT&T took over Cingular again but they never really caught on in popularity.

As for the Iphone activations, some of them have been caught up and as far as I can tell it has not made a difference whether someone has started new service or has existing service with us. We've had a lot of congestion in the systems and some phones have been getting stuck in the system.

For those that have got stuck(over 24hours of waiting) - if you have recieved a confirmation email with a 6digit code in it you can call customer service and be connected with Activation Support Group and they *should* be able to manually activate your phone, but expect a long wait time. For most of the day the wait time for this department was 45min to an hour or more. However, it does seem most activations have gone through and the congestion has been clearing for the most part.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

AT&T merged with Cingular like 4 years ago. There were two separate cellphone companies (AT&T Wireless and Cingular), they folded AT&T into Cingular for 3 or so years, and then they changed their mind and are now calling everything AT&T. That is not a sign of a company that has everything going smoothly.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:18 PM

Not to look lightly on the issues people have had with their cellphones and getting them activated...but with the mad rush on Friday I think you needed to in expecting some issues with getting everybody hooked up all at once. I would doubt that any cell phone company would be equipped to handle a launch of a new phone of this magnitude.