Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 03:00 AM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nor did I ever find abortion necessary to save the life of a pregnant woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what if the situation did come up? He's saying abortion should still be illegal?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he isn't. Where do you get that?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is scientifically wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Do you have proof for this? Cause I've never seen anything remotely close. It's all straight up opinion. Do you regularly call people who have a different opinion than you "scientifically wrong" without any evidence?

[ QUOTE ]
I mean [censored] he's already a creationist

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this one definitely requires a link.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So what if the situation did come up? He's saying abortion should still be illegal?

No, he isn't. Where do you get that?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's implied. That's how people will interpret it.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

Quote:
In Congress, I have authored legislation that seeks to define life as beginning at conception, HR 1094.

Really? Do you have proof for this? Cause I've never seen anything remotely close. It's all straight up opinion. Do you regularly call people who have a different opinion than you "scientifically wrong" without any evidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this was pretty common knowledge, but I'll look for a link if you insist.

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
I mean [censored] he's already a creationist

Yeah, this one definitely requires a link.

[/ QUOTE ]

He says he believes in a creator in almost every speech.

What's the difference between saying "I believe we came from our creator" and saying "I'm a creationist?" I'm not being sarcastic here.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:14 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationism

Notice, when the candidates were asked if they did not believe in Evolution, Paul was not one of the three who raised their hands.

I think there is a creator, but I'm not a creationist.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the difference between saying "I believe we came from our creator" and saying "I'm a creationist?" I'm not being sarcastic here.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Creationist" typically denotes one who believes in so-called "Young Earth Creationism" (YEC), and indicates that the person does not believe in evolution, astronomy, biology, geology, plate tectonics, a round earth, and a whole host of other things. Believing in a "Creator", as in a supreme being who created the universe, is not incompatible with believing in evolution in the slightest.

Calling someone who believes in a Creator a "creationist" is extremely misleading.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:25 AM

Creationism is pretty extreme stuff, and Ron Paul is not one. I'm pretty sure most of America isn't going to think Ron Paul is a nut for believing in God.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I mean both the sperm and the egg are also alive, but at conception the chromosomes combine and you have a developing human. The question of abortion is whether we as humans have the right to kill that developing human, as it is a drain on its host. A similar situation would be if you have a person on life support in a hospital that can't pay for these services. Is it murder to pull the plug?

I think life starts at conception, but the woman or the hospital are under no obligation to give these humans who can't fend for themselves resources to live. But I'll still support Ron Paul. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought this was pretty common knowledge, but I'll look for a link if you insist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't particularly care if you do unless you insist on attacking people who have a differing belief. Personally, I don't draw the line at conception either, but just because I don't believe it doesn't mean the fetus is factually and for sure not a life.

[ QUOTE ]

He says he believes in a creator in almost every speech.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is not the same.

Creationist: the doctrine that matter and all things were created, substantially as they now exist, by an omnipotent Creator, and not gradually evolved or developed.

A person is entirely able to believe in a creator and believe in evolution and believe that the Earth is billions of years old. In fact, most Christians do. Such a person is not a Creationist.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:47 AM

Ok, thread has been hijacked, sorry. I'm just trying to figure out why RPs support is so male dominated.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:52 AM

Men are more intelligent. Women include looks in their decision to vote. Women also vote on an issue that is a state issue, not federal.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thread has been hijacked, sorry. I'm just trying to figure out why RPs support is so male dominated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Male children are taught to be self-sufficient and individualistic. Female children are taught to depend on their family and be communalistic. The male-to-female support level for libertarians in general is about the same.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Men are more intelligent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's amazingly sexist. You might not be aware that the average IQ score for women is higher than that for men?

[ QUOTE ]
Women include looks in their decision to vote.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you think men don't include superficial crap? Very few people actually pay attention to or understand the issues.