Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Patriots get caught with camera man taping NY Jets coaches playcal

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I got out of Goodell's interview with Costas was that he wants to put a stop to this practice and the penalty he issued against the Patriots is really meant for all 32 teams as a deterrent. As a said earler, this was a layup for him as he had the perfect team to make an example of.

[/ QUOTE ]

well the dolphins need to have a number 1 taken away as well.

And maybe they should give the Cowboys penalties or pull their players out of the hall of fame since Jimmy Johnson admitted to using the same tactics.

the whole thing is a b.s. witch hunt. Punish every team or don't enforce the "rule"

[/ QUOTE ]

the problem with cheating is when your team gets caught.

the patriots are the ones who got caught. suck it up and deal with it. they deserve everything that's coming to them by ignoring the league's memorandum on this before Week 1. If you're stupid enough to go to your biggest rival's home field engaging in a practice against the rules that the other team KNOWS first-hand that you do - you deserve it.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:03 AM

I love that the "everybody's doing it LDO" argument carries so much weight re: the Pats but is much less respected re: Bonds. Weird double standard, imo.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love that the "everybody's doing it LDO" argument carries so much weight re: the Pats but is much less respected re: Bonds. Weird double standard, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
actually that argument isn't carrying any weight here.

but if you are saying "everyone does it" than you are correct.

There is now talk that the pats had removed a jets cameraman last year and the jets did it this year to get them back.

Should be interested if the media chooses to follow it, which they probably won't since mangina gives decent interviews
Old 09-17-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is now talk that the pats had removed a jets cameraman last year and the jets did it this year to get them back.

Should be interested if the media chooses to follow it, which they probably won't since mangina gives decent interviews

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the media loves mangini - lol

where did you come from - please go back there. your dummy team decided to film in the meadowlands - there's no excuse for that kind of hubris. enjoy the 2nd round pick.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of saying everyone does it? The answer to this question, no matter what it is (unless it is "There is no point I just say random irrelevant things") is the weight that I'm talking about.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the media loves mangini - lol

where did you come from - please go back there. your dummy team decided to film in the meadowlands - there's no excuse for that kind of hubris. enjoy the 2nd round pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

well moron, they will enjoy the 2nd round pick. They will also enjoy their OTHER first round pick.

It's pretty obvious that you were implying that they don't have a first round pick anymore.

I suggest you don't post about this anymore, you clearly have no clue what is going on
Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the point of saying everyone does it? The answer to this question, no matter what it is (unless it is "There is no point I just say random irrelevant things") is the weight that I'm talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]
well the fact that everyone does it means that they should all be punished accordingly, not just the patriots.

i thought that was pretty obvious.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well the fact that everyone does it means that they should all be punished accordingly, not just the patriots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a die hard Patriots fan and have to disagree totally. It doesn't matter if everyone was doing it before last Sunday. The League sent a memo out essentially saying that it would no longer be tolerated. The Patriots ignored that memo and were the first one's caught. They deserved to be punished, period.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:23 PM

I don't understand the ignorance of logic/manifestation of ridiculous modes of thought that characterizes many of the posts in this thread.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if caught they will be, but I have no idea what that has to do with the Patriots. So again, I will ask, in a thread about the Patriots cheating, why do people keep saying everyone does it? Its either completely irrelevant, or it is meant to shift some of the blame or in some way make it seem "not as bad." If its the latter, THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT RE: BONDS. If its the former, there are a lot of random association folks in this thread.