Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Re: New Feature Request

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys sorry we don't check this thread very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you don't have a forum on your own web site where people can post questions/problems publicly, it doesn't seem like too much to ask that you monitor one single thread, and the same thread where you announced your program, in which many of your customers post in.

Now for my real question - what is switching to manual mode in the middle of datamining supposed to accomplish? In a previous message, when I requested a "fade-out" button, you implied that's what this did - it stopped opening new tables, but would keep monitoring the ones already open.

While datamining SNGs, switching to manual operation has the effect of hitting "stop." The tables remain open, but IM no longer monitors them. Is this the correct behavior?

Cheers, Carl.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 PM

Tried using IM again and now it gets an error and stops everytime I use it. Sometimes after an hour, sometimes have 3 hrs but always stops.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:51 PM

1C5 are you in correspondence with the developer right now? If not shoot him an email at dev@idleminer.com You have a problem that a few people are having but is fairly rare. We have been unable to reproduce it so we need as much info as possible from people who are having it to track it down and get rid of it.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:14 PM

carlgraham,

That is not the normal behavior. We will work on a fix.

IdleMiner
Old 09-27-2006, 08:59 PM

I have a couple questions/suggestions:

I'm wondering how IdleMiner decides when to open/close tables when using the priority based mining. Right now, I've been datamining the 30/60, 50/100, 100/200, and NL 5000 games. But I really only care about the limit stakes (the last one is just for kicks).

The problem I'm running into, is that the limit games are much less popular than the no limit games, and they break up much faster. Tables are constantly filling up and breaking. As a result, what happens is that my total number of tables slowly shifts over to the NL 5000 games, even if there's new 30-100 games filling up.

I'm sorry if this was a poor explanation.

Another small suggestion I was thinking, would be the option to split full ring and short-handed games into different directories, since they need to be imported into Poker Tracker differently. But I'm not sure if IdleMiner is able to distinguish between the two. Currently, I've just been mining one or the other at a time.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:00 AM

Those are some good suggestions Dazarath. We will experiment with making this work better.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:42 AM

Hi

I've just installed the trial version of idleminer and started mining... when PT imports it says "12 files found" but doesnt import any hands... I assume there is one basic option i need to change but cant find it.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:50 AM

Try changing hand history extension in the options menu to .txt instead of .hhf. That should solve your problem.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:42 AM

Hi,
v 1.50

it doesn't close SNGs for me., but it is very nice about leaving SNG tables I'm playing on alone.
However, it is a different matter with ring games and any game I open outside IM gets closed down with the only option being to run in manual mode but you can't just change modes you have to wait for it to stop and then start it again manually.
Still get the maxing out of CPU after opening and closing a few tables (mining SNGs)
All the best
Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 AM

Default Re: New Software- IdleMiner

could you add the feature that i can define the time span (e.g. 6 pm - 2 am) in which the mining will be done? this way i could run the program nonstop, but i would only get the data for the player-pool i am interested in.