Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Updated Cliff Notes On Absolute Poker Scandal (18th October)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dont be so niave. admitt to yourself this has been going on longer then a month.. -LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

how about "admit you're one of a million conspiracy theorists that are about to descend upon this website with one thing in common: you're all pretty bad at poker".

you know what this story tells me? that it took less than a month from the time that high up management at AP turned corrupt to the time that lots of insiders at AP were lining up to hand out every bit of info to the players they could.

[/ QUOTE ]

Adar: You are right on the money here, and it's so important for people to realize this. While most people are questioning the integrity of online poker, I for one have felt nothing but pride in the community. It's comforting to see things happen as fast as they did.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
dont be so niave. admitt to yourself this has been going on longer then a month.. -LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

how about "admit you're one of a million conspiracy theorists that are about to descend upon this website with one thing in common: you're all pretty bad at poker".
you know what this story tells me? that it took less than a month from the time that high up management at AP turned corrupt to the time that lots of insiders at AP were lining up to hand out every bit of info to the players they could.

[/ QUOTE ]

i`ve been following this thread from the begining but this is the 1st time ive posted. i`m very disapointed that because someone points out that it would not be unreasonable to think that "we" never caught them the 1st time they decided to use the super acct he gets told his opinion is that of a conspiricy theorist and he is bad at poker. i know adenthar is very overworked and tired at the moment but there`s no need for that.

btw i know i`m bad at poker so no need to flame me.

pps. that said GREAT work exposing these scumbags from all involved tyvm.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know if the "youre all bad at poker" reference was in reguards to me... but either way im a plus (winning) player. I choose not to divulge my pokernames (though im sure a thourough lookover of my posts could find that info)...

BUT you MUST understand that even a winning player is hurt when a cheating superuser is involved.. You can be a winning player and busted out very early in a tourny by a great call and youd would never know... Or you could get a 3rd vrs a 4th place fininsh in a tourny and take a loss in earnings..

Plus we only have data of this from 1 inciden 1 month ago... We have no idea if 363 was used with other accounts. this could have been going on for a LONG time [censored].

Stop calling everyone a conspiracy theorist... its not a conspiracy anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

1.) It's still a conspiracy idiot
2.) You don't have any idea if anyone else at any site at any other time could see other people's hole cards. Evidence is required in this thread, not pure speculation.
3.) I think we understand that winning players are hurt in this situation, seeing as we (insert I) had very significant amount of money stolen from me.
4.) We don't care if you are a losing player or not, your posts still suck

[/ QUOTE ]

1.)even after the #363 acct was discovered you posted that you were still going to play at ap IDIOT
2.)we all get it you lost money IDIOT
3.)stop abusing everyone because its not only you big time players that are affected by this IDIOT
4.)i dont care if you are a winning player YOU SUCK

[/ QUOTE ]
1.)untrue
2.)irrelevant to the post
3.)I abuse stupidity, sorry if you get in the way
4.)thats nice
Old 10-18-2007, 05:54 PM

I never checked this yesterday, but today, AP isn't listed on KGC's list of licensed sites:

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/permits.asp
Old 10-18-2007, 05:54 PM

1.)untrue?????
Old 10-18-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you really think it only happened in one tourney? I think there were several months worth of cash games and tournies that were cheated. I also have two theories on why they were caught.

1) they were cheating for a long time and became very complacent. I don't think that tourney winner was very smart nor a very good poker player. Why did they let him play with those super powers? They really let their guard down!

2) there were many people involved and someone was not happy with the 'cut they were getting' and 'tried to get caught'. Greed does strange things to people. Revenge!

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn

[/ QUOTE ]

IT TOOK A LONG time because soooo many people will defend online poker "not being rigged" untill they day they die.. That turns over into people not looking for "wrongs" such as this occuring. We have no one to thank but ourselves for shumming the [censored] outta people when they bring up a post that says something isnt right.

We simply tell them to get a million hand sample then come back... by then the cheating may have been obscured.... or the player cheating them accoutns changed... therefor the player just appears to suck at poker and everyone is being hurt a little bit at a time. But [censored] adds up over time....

Many of you (us) need to take a look in the miror and think of how many time (you) us shunned a player posting with less then 10 posts and called him out...

as stated before if done right, carefully, the cheaters MAY have never been caught.

[/ QUOTE ]

[x] proof of cheating requires a one million hand sample size

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to add something here about proper methods for finding patterns. If you have a huge amount of data you can always find funny patterns. Large samples, like large hand history databases, will display lots of weird patterns.

Small samples can be much more valuable. You see one supicious event and make a NEW, small sample, based upon a hypothesis.

The present scandal was not found by just looking for patterns, but apparently by people who experienced some very anomalous events and, based upon a hypothesis that everything was not right, looked at other data and got their hypothesis confirmed.

If there is going to more threads about looking for evidence of cheating, I hope someone will be able to make guidelines that take this into consideration. If not, there is a risk that many will look for odd events in their databases. They are bound to find odd events in large databases, but it will be of little value if it is found 'after the fact' and the database is so large that odd events are likely.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I never checked this yesterday, but today, AP isn't listed on KGC's list of licensed sites:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's strange. I checked that site a few days ago and they were. Coverup?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And it is in the Google cache of that page.

Wow.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe because they are owned by them, they don't have to be "licensed".
Old 10-18-2007, 05:57 PM

ike let's not feed the trolls. every gd retard wants to become a major part of this story so they're throwing their conspiracies at the wall like spaghetti, waiting for one to stick. that way they can say they broke it, and become famous!

lurkers, leave the in-thread detective work to the people who are doing a great job of it. if you want to speculate, feel free to do so, but don't post anything until you have some kind of significant and compelling evidence.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: AP current CEO?

[ QUOTE ]
I found several sources claiming that Gian Perroni is the poker room manager at AP...however I also found a filing between Absolute Entertainment and Mahjong inc. that certies him as the CEO as of 9/20/06.

Either way, he is highly placed in the company, was the 7th employee they hired and would not be a bad person to get in touch with regarding this situation.

He is also the president of CanAffco, a Canadian affiliate company. His AP email address is public info gian@absolutepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello Everyone,

Gian Perroni here. I wanted to let everyone know my history with Absolute Poker, and my current relationship with them.

I was the 7th person to join the Absolute Poker team, first as an outside consultant based in Canada, and then as their Director of Marketing in Costa Rica shortly after the site went live. I spent 3-1/2 years with Absolute Poker performing a number of roles, including developing and managing the affiliate program, and acting as the Poker Room Manager. For the last year of my employment I had the title of VP of Poker Operations, although it should be noted that at no time with the company was I ever a director.

I left Absolute Poker on September 30, 2006, coincidentally the day before the UIGEA bill was passed in the U.S. My decision to leave had nothing to do with the legalities of online poker, which to the best of my knowledge remains legal to operate, but rather I felt that I had contributed as much as I could to the success of the company, and that it was time to move on.

Side note – there is a Google link to an agreement between Absolute Poker and Dynasty Gaming Inc in Montreal, Canada that states that I am the CEO of Absolute Poker. This was an error made by their team, and was a case of me not reading the agreement carefully. (In hindsight, a very stupid mistake.) Dynasty Gaming will confirm that I communicated this error to them last year and they agreed to change this internally. At no time was I the CEO of Absolute Poker, nor have I represented myself as such.

In my various positions at AP I came in contact with many poker players, affiliates, and industry members, and I would be surprised to hear of any reports from anyone that I have personally ever acted in any manner that would be deemed unethical, or without the players’ best interests in mind. I am proud of my reputation – a reputation that I have worked on for the 10+ years that I have now been associated with this industry.

Currently I run an affiliate recruitment and management company called CanAffco.com – the Canadian Affiliate and Management Company. We work with online merchants and affiliates, helping them both work profitably together.

I am no longer associated with the management of Absolute Poker, nor am I a shareholder in Absolute Poker. I am not in a position to pass judgment or comment on the current issues, as I do not have enough information to do so.

My contact information is below. Please understand if I do not spend all day on the forum responding to questions, but I will read them, and respond as a group if and when necessary with pleasure.

FYI, the gian@absolutepoker.com email address listed above has not been directed to me since September 30, 2006.

Sincerely,

Gian Perroni
Canadian Affiliate Management Company
www.CanAffco.com - Make More Money!
MSN IM – gianperroni@hotmail.com
Closed Thread