Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 08:23 PM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 20 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
why did everyone just watch as locke beat up mikhail? I was about to say what the last poster said that Ben can see dead people, but since Locke can obv see mikhail he isn't really dead right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember that deasmond, jin, charlie, hurley, and locke have all seen mikhail after he "died".
Old 05-11-2007, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It may have been bad makeup work

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm pretty his "youth" was intentional, to make the origin/status of the 'hostiles' more interesting than them just being other regular people who happen to be on the island.

question:

where does the gassing/execution of the DHARMA people fit in with the timeline of the Hatch? Who was occupying the hatch at the time of the gassing? Was it just Radzinsky, Radzinsky and Kelvin, or just Kelvin? Why were they/he spared?

[/ QUOTE ]

They were probably spared because they were in the hatch at the time. There were probably also survivors in the arrow station. (remember both stations had quarantine written on the inside of their doors).
Old 05-11-2007, 09:23 PM

Please please please let Jacob be played by Victor Garber.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please please please let Jacob be played by Victor Garber.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:26 PM

I think a very important question is how the Others get their funding. We know they are not affiliated with Dharma now, so how do they get the money to recruit people to the island, and how did they get files on every one of the crash survivors? If they are really just natives of the island, when did they branch out and start leaving the island and recruiting people and such. And also, why was Dharma still making food drops on the island? Remember in season 1 where a parachute drops a ton of food near the hatch during the lockdown? Why would Dharma still be dropping food after almost their entire crew was killed years ago?
Old 05-11-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We know they are not affiliated with Dharma now... why was Dharma still making food drops on the island?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how you can assert the former so confidently and then ask the latter. I don't have any answers or even guesses, but I do think this will be fully resolved on the way to discovering what the island is and who Locke is.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:38 PM

True, we don't know they aren't affiliated with Dharma, but it doesn't seem likely that Dharma would fund and support the hostiles after they murdered almost all of the Dharma workers.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:45 PM

Obviously completely wild conjecture, but if Dharma is some sort of eugenics experiment, the workers were considered a tainted population with basically no way of preventing bad genes mixing into good, and Dharma was ruthless, why wouldn't they just kill them all off?

That's just one off-the-wall scenario, but there are plenty of reasons Dharma would sanction the removal of a bunch of non-persons, considering their demonstrative willingness to engage in other ethically questionable areas.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:53 PM

Vince - those are good questions, and make for an excellent segue into some theory questions:

What if: Naomi works for Dharma, and Dharma faked the crash because they didn't want anybody looking for the island.

What if: Naomi is there to kill Desmond so his body can be found somewhere else, because Dharma knows that someone with enough money and enough resources is eventually going to trace him there (Penny).

What if: 'Mainland' Dharma thought their people were still in control of the island, and information otherwise would bring a death squad to the island?

I can see a season finale cliffhanger out of the last one.

We know the Flame station can receive TV signals (Mikhail's plane crash research), but if it cannot send video signals and only voice, the hostiles/Ben could likely convince the mainlanders that everything was still fine. The food drops seemed to be automated by the chess game (for palette drop, enter 24). Also, "has there been an incursion on this station by the Hostiles? If so, enter 77." What if Locke entering 77 is what triggered Naomi's trip to the island?

Of course, these are not end-all be-all answers because there are some holes, but as a framework, I can see something being worked out with it.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:33 PM

I'm thinking that with the people still left to be killed by the end of the season, I think it would be worth it to figure out who's likely to die.

One thing I was thinking is the difference of Rose and Bernard. It wouldn't surprise me to see them noted along the lines of those that are likely to expire soon. They really haven't played much of a role since they were put back together, and aside from their one flashback episode, have been all but non-existant. It also seems that Charlie is destined to die as well, and he can probably be counted to. If my calculations are right, that would probably leave one more person to die. I have a feeling that one of the hostiles is probably going to go too. With everything that is going to go on in the next few episodes, it would make sense for someone to die.