Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2006, 04:16 PM

Default Re: New Feature Request

For some reason IdleMiner causes both my desktop computer and my laptop to freeze up completly when I leave them running over longer periods of time. Any idea why this is happening?
I'm using Windows XP on both.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:08 PM

BrassMonkey, could you send the file log.txt to support@idleminer.com after you have noticed this behavior.

tagg, how long of a period of time. Also what type of hardware do you have n your systems?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:46 PM

It's ok for a few hours at least, since that how long I've run it while being around. But every time I have left it on while I'm sleeping or while I'm at work the computer has frozen. This on two completly different systems, which just doesn't make any sense to me. Laptop is a Intel Mobile Centrino and desktop is a Athlon64. Only thing that has been used on both systems is IdleMiner and my pokertracker db which is on my desktop which I write the hh's to.

I first tried it on my desktop, and it crashed overnight. I thought maybe there was something wrong with my desktop so I tried it on the laptop over the day while I was working, it froze up and crashed too which really makes me wonder.

In both cases the screen has gone black and the system has frozen but is still running (fans are on etc).
Old 09-21-2006, 10:34 AM

My computer froze by having Idleminer on for a long period of time (overnight) also.

It was very annoying as I had to do a freaking system restore from safe mode just to get it working again.

I am not happy and needless to say won't be using Idleminer again until this problem is fixed. It was a big pain in the ass to figure out how to fix my computer.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:26 PM

I get an error almost every night now. It isnt an error popup with the program just a box that says an error has occured and do I want to send an error report. When I look at the program it still has 12 tables open but the hands have stoped being recorded hours ago.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:59 PM

Yes, I was getting that as well.

Hello update...are you there??
Old 09-23-2006, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I get an error almost every night now. It isnt an error popup with the program just a box that says an error has occured and do I want to send an error report. When I look at the program it still has 12 tables open but the hands have stoped being recorded hours ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

Along with this error I am having the following problems:

1. The stop close buttons dont work. They cause the program to freeze.

2. The start button opens the party lobby and logs in but opens no tables. I have to wait a few seconds until the button is available again and then hit start again to open tables.

3. The screen saver mode simply opens the program but opens no tables. Very similar to the previous problem.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:56 PM

Hey guys sorry we don't check this thread very often. We always respond within a couple hours to e-mail, and there is even a contact us form right on our webpage so you don't have to boot up gmail or whatever. It really is the best way to get support.

There are a few people right now who are having a crash problem that we are having a heck of a time tracking down. We've got many computers and we've not been able to get a crash on any of them, and we're using different configurations when testing. So its been quite a pain. If you are having this problem, the best thing you could do to help us is send dev@idleminer.com a copy of your log.txt file, your options.ini file, and a quick run down of your computer (OS, service packs, protection software).

As for the stop buttons freezing up, we have actually been able to replicate this problem and hope to have a patch up for it very soon.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:50 PM

I dont know if this has anything to do with anything but I thought Id mention it just in case. This error message that is coming up didnt start after an update of the idleminer software and there were no other changes to my computer(software or hardware) accept one. I installed the new version of itunes. Sometimes I dont get the error message but if I plug my ipod in to charge overnight Im guaranteed to get it.

Like I said its probably got nothing to do with idleminer but just thought Id mention it.
Old 09-24-2006, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know if this has anything to do with anything but I thought Id mention it just in case. This error message that is coming up didnt start after an update of the idleminer software and there were no other changes to my computer(software or hardware) accept one. I installed the new version of itunes. Sometimes I dont get the error message but if I plug my ipod in to charge overnight Im guaranteed to get it.

Like I said its probably got nothing to do with idleminer but just thought Id mention it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The new version of itunes has been making a few waves, I've heard. There is mention of bugs that cause it to be very resource hungry and causing problems with music playback. This happened to me and I had to revert to version 6