Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2006, 01:51 AM

Default Re: WSOP Main Event Day 4 thread

so is it just rizen and technologic left in?
Old 08-06-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm not an NL tournament player. Can someone tell me why Gold pushed there? It doesn't seem to make any sense at all. Why wouldn't he call and see if McClain would bet into him again on the turn?

Edit: this is based on Gold having the 99, of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Gold thinks his opponent has a 3 and can't fold it, pushing is the play. Considering what we've been reading about loose calls, it's hard to think his opponent had and folded a 3.

If his opponent doesn't have a 3, it's going to be hard to win a much bigger pot anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just flat call and bet or raise the turn. You can get some chips from over pairs and you will get most of trip 3's chips anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really believe McClain limped with AA-TT? It's not really a hand you should be putting him on.

[/ QUOTE ]
TT-AA is a reasonable possibility to open limp with. What's he reraising with, unless he is bluffing? He probably has a 9 or an overpair, or atleast some pp. If he has a flush draw, let him draw. If he has over cards, he might make top pair.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jason Strasser Loses Pot; Elimnated Soon After
On a board of A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Jason Strasser bets $20,000 from the big blind, and a player in middle position calls. The turn is the 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and both players check. The river is the 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and both players check. The player in middle position shows A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and Strasser mucks. Left with only $160,000 after the hand, Strasser is eliminated a few hands later. He will earn $47,006.

[/ QUOTE ]

GG Strassa [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. Jason, I'm honestly more distressed about this than about my bustout. What a cruel goddamn game. Well played, sir, and best of luck to you in the future. It was an honor to meet and play with you.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Some of you don't appreciate how hard it is to cover all these tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I guess I severely underestimated the amount of cardplayer interns it would take to cover 18 tables. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-06-2006, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so is it just rizen and technologic left in?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, webguysteve is still in. pokerwire shows him with a little over half a mil - steve goodemote.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

TT-AA is a reasonable possibility to open limp with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. Though, I'm stunned Gold didn't raise with 99.

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a flush draw, let him draw. If he has over cards, he might make top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are trying to have it both ways. You keep commenting on how so many players are making ridiculous donkey calls with marginal hands. Then, when a player pushes with a big hand and somebody folds, you say he shouldn't have pushed.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also that guy from the 2003 wsop is olaf thorsson, not this guy

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said it was him, I said it was his FATHER, and that was what we were talking about earlier.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:02 AM

Bummed about Jason. I spoke with him briefly a couple times during Day 2 and he seemed like a great young guy.
Old 08-06-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TT-AA is a reasonable possibility to open limp with.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. Though, I'm stunned Gold didn't raise with 99.

[ QUOTE ]
If he has a flush draw, let him draw. If he has over cards, he might make top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are trying to have it both ways. You keep commenting on how so many players are making ridiculous donkey calls with marginal hands. Then, when a player pushes with a big hand and somebody folds, you say he shouldn't have pushed.

[/ QUOTE ]
In this case, Gold's opponent was a good player, so it is not reasonable to expect a bad call.

An open limp could easily be a big pair or a medium pair. I think that is a lot more likely than he would open limp with a 3. I assume McClain had an over pair, A9s, or a flush draw. What was he reraising with?
Old 08-06-2006, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make a good point. Not having results-oriented commentary is going to bring this thread to a screeching halt, though [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].