FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: K-fed
yea 2 15.38%
nay 11 84.62%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Bonds bitter over departure from Giants

[ QUOTE ]
I love that BSF anf MT2zR don't get the analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that I get everything and really just think a few of you have chosen the side of evil over good

it's awesome how alot of tactics are "oh....you just aren't smart enough to see our side"

trust me, I see your side. It's just I think it is ridiculous, which is very unfathomable to you.

Barry gets the scrutiny he deserves. If he didn't want it, he wouldn't have made the choices he has.

I could post longer on this, but it's pretty useless. I might still do it anyway in the battle for good over evil.

I wasn't kidding about the Goebbels stuff and RedBean.

I do think this is a decent issue for society overall mainly because I'm shocked at this forum.

It's funny that Barry is hardly news and hardly talked about in my corner of the world. He's kind of a living joke. I'm amazed at the Barry apologists that spew their propaganda and extremely hurtful message throughout the interwebs.

Sometimes, it's a good thing that most of the internet is a fractured minority.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got into a big discussion about steroids and PEDs with a bunch of medical students and they were all horrified at the mere notion of putting an unnatural substance into your body that would alter your body chemistry merely to improve your job performance or let you reach your goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you asked them if they ingested caffiene or other uppers to help them stay awake while cramming for a test or slapping together a last minute paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, because using caffeine and using steroids are exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...yes? Besides one being legal and the other not, I guess. But did you see the part where I got them to stipulate that that wasnt an important detail and that they were only interested in "shortcuts" and "altering body chemistry" and "harmful substances" and "cheating?"
Old 11-02-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with you that the policy itself is more likely to be accurate to actual happenings, but in no way is it infallible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was infallible....I merely quoted what it said....in reply to your wildly false assertions otherwise about it.

[ QUOTE ]

My point still stands, regardless of your attempts to nitpick it to death, that it is possible to evade a positive test based on shortcomings in the policy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point still stands?

You claimed that only a few players were tested and said it would be good if all of them were tested.

My point is that all players are tested.

You were wrong about that....and it stills stands?

Sweet...
Old 11-02-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm stupefied by this actually.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I got into a big discussion about steroids and PEDs with a bunch of medical students and they were all horrified at the mere notion of putting an unnatural substance into your body that would alter your body chemistry merely to improve your job performance or let you reach your goals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please tell me you asked them if they ingested caffiene or other uppers to help them stay awake while cramming for a test or slapping together a last minute paper.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...yes? Besides one being legal and the other not, I guess. But did you see the part where I got them to stipulate that that wasnt an important detail and that they were only interested in "shortcuts" and "altering body chemistry" and "harmful substances" and "cheating?"

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME

steroids are not a 'shortcut' for a well groomed athlete

steroids bring the body to a level it would never be capable of otherwise

steroids have been shown to improve performance

caffeine has not been shown to have a positive effect for well-trained athletes

DUCY they are not the same?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't kidding about the Goebbels stuff and RedBean.....

I'm amazed at the Barry apologists that spew their propaganda and extremely hurtful message throughout the interwebs....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's me. Spreading that crazy message about being "innocent until proven guilty", relying on factual evidence and logical reasoning in pointing out the actual facts in regards to the rules that govern a sport, rather than relying on what someone else tells me to think or reckless allegation and rampant speculation.

I'm such a Nazi.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that I get everything and really just think a few of you have chosen the side of evil over good

it's awesome how alot of tactics are "oh....you just aren't smart enough to see our side"

trust me, I see your side. It's just I think it is ridiculous, which is very unfathomable to you.

Barry gets the scrutiny he deserves. If he didn't want it, he wouldn't have made the choices he has.

I could post longer on this, but it's pretty useless. I might still do it anyway in the battle for good over evil.

I wasn't kidding about the Goebbels stuff and RedBean.

I do think this is a decent issue for society overall mainly because I'm shocked at this forum.

It's funny that Barry is hardly news and hardly talked about in my corner of the world. He's kind of a living joke. I'm amazed at the Barry apologists that spew their propaganda and extremely hurtful message throughout the interwebs.

Sometimes, it's a good thing that most of the internet is a fractured minority.

[/ QUOTE ]

You made a post about the paucity of benefits for athletes on caffeine. Trust me, you do not get the analogy.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the very easy argument of:

buying steroids with no prescription is breaking the law, and baseball is free to punish you for breaking the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

<u>If</u> the steroid in question is listed on the FDA Schedule as controlled substances.....

And even so, if it is listed, obtaining them with a prescription is not illegal.

But don't let that detail get in the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Nit it up some more. You are too smart to argue like this. You know exactly what the point was.

What about the part of that quote that you cut? That the Commish is free to do whatever he wants to keep the integrity of the game in check?
Old 11-02-2007, 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT THE SAME

steroids are not a 'shortcut' for a well groomed athlete

steroids bring the body to a level it would never be capable of otherwise

steroids have been shown to improve performance

caffeine has not been shown to have a positive effect for well-trained athletes

DUCY they are not the same?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...seriously...please tell me you get that we arent talking about caffeine for ATHLETES.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Which is why I said in a previous post:

[ QUOTE ]
All maybes? Some more likely than others..

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there is circumstantial evidence surrounding some of those guys. I dont see how that is being disingenuous at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't see it as disingenuous when you say a player who has definitively admitted to using a PED during his career is a "maybe"?

Despite earlier asserting that anyone who uses PEDs is a cheater?

Applying the same logic objectively that you applied to Bonds, we can say with 100% certainty that Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, Brett Favre, and Mike Schmidt are confirmed, known cheaters.

Except, when they aren't named Barry Bonds....you change it to "maybe".

Interesting.

(*Note, this is not my personal belief that those gentlemen are cheaters, but the conclusion drawn by using your previous logic, to demonstrate the lack of consistency in it's application to non-Bonds players.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see them actually take any pills? I mean, an admission is only as credible as the person making it. And if these guys are cheaters they might be liars too. So until I see them swallow a pill that I have tested to be a PED I will not say they are users. And that makes them maybes. Seems simple enough to me.

So no. They are not 100% cheaters. Maybe it is 99.9% but until you can prove it to me by some other way then what they said I dont believe it.

Same standard as Bonds. Until he tests positive or I see him with a needle sticking out of his ass with a big steroid label on it I am not going to be completely convinced. But I can be relatively sure that he has at some point used some sort of PED based on all the evidence.