Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

ok, lots of questions - I'll try to get them all answered here:

[ QUOTE ]
I get an error saying postgres needs to be installed on NTFS or something like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally PostgreSQL needs to be installed on an NTFS but your probably have your hard drive setup as FAT32. I'll need a bit of time to figure out the work around - if anyone else knows then please jump in.

[ QUOTE ]
i wouldnt worry about making all-in analysis. the program phils introduced is pretty effective for it

[/ QUOTE ]

Basic all-in analysis will be included because 1) it will help give you a more accurate winrate in a shorter period of time and 2) you will be able to filter for hands where you were a 40% (for example) or worse dog on the flop when all the money went in.

[ QUOTE ]
please add the option when choosing which folder to import to paste the directory directly i.e. "F:\hhs\pokerstars\new"

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll add this during the beta

[ QUOTE ]
another inquiry, i have mysql for pokeroffice is installing postgreSQL going to affect mysql?

[/ QUOTE ]

Installing Postgres really should not affect MySQL.

[ QUOTE ]
after i created my hero alias, is there a way to filter by pokersite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you let me know what you mean by this - are you talking about when you are searching for players to add to the alias?

[ QUOTE ]
is there a way to look at individual hands by sessions on the session tab? Also, nothing shows up on the "income" tab. IS this normal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but not quite yet and the Income tab is not ready yet. In the 0.11b update I released last night I hid the tab to avoid confusion.

[ QUOTE ]
one little thing im concerned about, in taskmanager i have like 9 postgress.exe tasks running :S

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh... Let me look into that. it might just be the way that Postgres spawns processes or it could be a problem - not 100% sure yet. OK, thanks matt - seems to be normal.

[ QUOTE ]
import done but im missing about 2k hands from nl 50/1 for some reason :S

[/ QUOTE ]

Still working on the whole import process - some hands are skipped, some are flagged as errors, some are marked as duplicate etc but each update should get closer and closer to 100% import accuracy.

[ QUOTE ]
Hand importing does not work under german regional setting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for letting me know. I plan on making HM run under whatever regional settings you have but I haven't worked out all of the details yet.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it support PRIMA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not yet - only Party, Stars and Full Tilt right now. Once most of the bugs are out and the other functionality is coming together I will begin knocking off a bunch of other sites but this won't be for at least a couple weeks if not longer.

[ QUOTE ]
overall, everything works fine so far (haven't used all the features yet though). a little slower than i thought it would be though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing a vacuum analyze on a few key tables increases speed dramatically once your DB gets big. I'll be posting more details about this but, for example, with a 10 million hand database the "Players" tab loaded about 30 times faster after doing a vacuum analyze on the CompiledResults and CompiledPlayerResults tables.

[ QUOTE ]
my Cash game Micro limit games were all errors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please send one of tha hand history files to Tourneymgr@gmail.com

[ QUOTE ]
First reboot after SQL took 5-10 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

weird... anyone postgreSQL experts have any comments? My reboot speeds haven't changed since installing PostgreSQL and i've done it on about 5 PC's.

[ QUOTE ]
"Went all-in" filter for each street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I had that in there in the More Filters tab - might have been an oversight since I am tracking this. It will be in the next update.

[ QUOTE ]
For every data-sheet (Reports/Sessions/Players) to contain a "Total" or "Avarage" field at the bottom

[/ QUOTE ]

That's coming

[ QUOTE ]

when the import is finished and i click on the report tab i get this <german error>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you translate that tob section for me? Also, if you close and reload what happens? Same error?

I'm heading off to work soon - I'll be able to check back in from time to time then when I get home tonight it will be another all night code-fest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

rvg
Old 07-16-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tried the following:

Exported a bunch of stars hands from PT, about 19k
Unzipped some datamined hands from Party

Tried importing them both.
It scanned all files and imported 0 hands.

You want a screenshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I already fixes the Poker Tracker Stars export problem and I'm working on what might be the same problem you found with Party.

If you could send me one hand history of each to Tourneymgr@gmail.com I could make sure that the fix is in.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I just tried exporting full tilt hands and loading those, same result, officially cant load any of my hand histories :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same here

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just tried the following:

Exported a bunch of stars hands from PT, about 19k
Unzipped some datamined hands from Party

Tried importing them both.
It scanned all files and imported 0 hands.

You want a screenshot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I already fixes the Poker Tracker Stars export problem and I'm working on what might be the same problem you found with Party.

If you could send me one hand history of each to Tourneymgr@gmail.com I could make sure that the fix is in.

Thanks,

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

sent.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok I just tried exporting full tilt hands and loading those, same result, officially cant load any of my hand histories :-(

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly the same here

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll hopefully get to the bottom of this today. What I know for sure is that the hand history files themselves are ok since one of the people having this problem was able to take the same HH's to a different pc and it worked.

The new version I release tonight (0.12b) will have some additional logging to try and help figure this out.

Thanks,

rvg
Old 07-16-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

when the import is finished and i click on the report tab i get this <german error>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you translate that tob section for me?

[/ QUOTE ]
It basically says:
"Unhandled exception in the application... blah blah.

InvalidArgument=Value of 0 is invalid for parameter SelectedIndex

Seems like you're defaulting to a selected index of 0 for some dropdown? That's throwing an out of range exception.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:40 PM

wow, this software looks EXCELLENT. can't wait to get home and install it.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:57 PM

thanks for all the answers im liking the look of this program more and more.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:06 PM

I have added support for Holdem Manager to my tableselection software SpadeEye (Version 2.18):
http://www.spadeit.com/eyeindex.php

Currently not all stats are supported.
For example "Aggressionfactor" and "attention to Steal" is missing, but i guess most of you search their tables by VPIP, PFR and "Amount won"...

To add the Holdem Manager database into SpadeEye:
- Select "Holdem Manager" as Type
- Put "localhost" as Host
- The Database is "HoldemManagerBeta"
The other values depend on your PostgreSQL settings.

Oh and besides:
I guess scanning with the Holdem Manager database is pretty much faster then everything else before.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
after i created my hero alias, is there a way to filter by pokersite?

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you let me know what you mean by this - are you talking about when you are searching for players to add to the alias?

[/ QUOTE ]

what i mean is this: i created an alias called hero and added my screenname on stars and party and fulltilt to it. no problem.

now that i select Hero as Player, is there any way to filter both the stars and party hands but without the fulltilt hands? -> is there a way to filter by pokersite other than using the original screennames?
Old 07-16-2007, 01:07 PM

I just successfully ran it at work connecting to postgres on my linux box through a ssh proxy.. It was slow importing (like 0.4 hands/second [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), but the 200 or so i imported from FT worked fine! This is awesome.. With the addition of a HUD it'll be my full time software.

great work so far, rvg!

runstop
Old 07-16-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Not yet - only Party, Stars and Full Tilt right now. Once most of the bugs are out and the other functionality is coming together I will begin knocking off a bunch of other sites but this won't be for at least a couple weeks if not longer.
rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no! Worst news ever [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I'm desperatly waiting for iPoker support.

I imported ~25k hands from my first months of poker, when I was playing at Party and everything went very smoothly. Certainly a dead sexy piece of software. Thank you!

I compared the stats in HM with those in PT and there's is a slight difference in winnings ($258.30 in HM vs. $248.57 in PT) and quite a large difference in total rake produced ($250.18 in HM vs. $118.00 in PT).

I had more import errors with PT, so that's why there are a few dollars (and hands) missing there, but something seems to be seriously off for the rake calculation in either HM or PT [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]