Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2007, 02:39 AM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 3, Thur., July 12 **

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okokok, a legally BLIND guy has double average chips with over 620k this late in the ME???

*Head asploding*

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty [censored] amazing. Won't be able to watch that one on ESPN. Blind people make me cry [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a regular player at the Mirage who can't see and has a partner who tells him his hole cards. the board cards, bet amounts, chip stacks, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays good. Though, most of my experience with him is in the 20-40 limit game.

[/ QUOTE ]
His name is Hal, I played with him for about 3 hours day 1, he was down to ~15k for a good amount of time, and was playing exceptionally tight, ended the night probably 45kish. Real nice guy, as is his seeing-eye man, (?).

When I first sat at the table, I had about 130k in chips, easily more than double anyone else at the table. His SEM looks at my rack of chips nervously and then whispers in his ear about the kid with a mountain of chips sitting in seat 4. A few hands later, he tells Hal that "Avalanche man" has won another pot, add to the mountain of chips, and that was my name for the rest of the night.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

His name is Hal...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard him called Fat Hal a lot. I think he's cool with it. But, it's probably best to get to know him before you use that name.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Okokok, a legally BLIND guy has double average chips with over 620k this late in the ME???

*Head asploding*

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty [censored] amazing. Won't be able to watch that one on ESPN. Blind people make me cry [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a regular player at the Mirage who can't see and has a partner who tells him his hole cards. the board cards, bet amounts, chip stacks, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays good. Though, most of my experience with him is in the 20-40 limit game.

[/ QUOTE ]
His name is Hal, I played with him for about 3 hours day 1, he was down to ~15k for a good amount of time, and was playing exceptionally tight, ended the night probably 45kish. Real nice guy, as is his seeing-eye man, (?).

When I first sat at the table, I had about 130k in chips, easily more than double anyone else at the table. His SEM looks at my rack of chips nervously and then whispers in his ear about the kid with a mountain of chips sitting in seat 4. A few hands later, he tells Hal that "Avalanche man" has won another pot, add to the mountain of chips, and that was my name for the rest of the night.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha seeing-eye man? that is so awkward. why can't you just say assistant. and then you go and abbreviate it. Not sure why I find that comical. Anyway, just goes to show you that tells are overrated.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El Choppo

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Mike Laing. Now there's someone who would have appreciated the years supply of beer [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT Some of the stories I read about him on rec.gambling were classic. One story has it that years ago, a couple of his backers watched over him during the ME to keep him sober. And then there's the one in the book: The Banker, The Professor, and The Suicide King, where Laing offers to STAKE Andy Beal.

[/ QUOTE ]
I had dinner with Mike on day 2b while we were both still in, and he seems to be keeping his head on pretty straight, at least as far as poker is concerned. We also talked before the ME and he said his game plan is one Corona, one Coffee, and then he will have no problems, as he is used to double jack and cokes.

I told him if we happen to get on the same table, I'm gonna flip him a lot of chit so he can roast me and get some coverage, he said he doesn't care about publicity, he just wants the $$$. I tried explaining how in today's poker economy they go hand in hand, but he's kinda oblivious.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:48 AM

Jared "TheWacoKidd" Hamby (pictured right) sat down at his new table with 200K and dropped down to as low as 50K when his pocket tens on two separate occasions could not hold up. However, Jared has never been one to give up no matter how grim things might look. Hamby currently has 85K and has been trying to claw back to a healthy and respectable chip stack. He has a tough table though with Humberto Brenes and Jeff "Mr.Rain" Banghart to his right and Josh "pairDboard21" Evans to his left and all of them have monster stacks.

And:

Carl "Colson10" Olson is also looking for a spot to rebuild his once-healthy stack. Starting the day with 380K in chips, Carl was down to 85K shortly after he dinner break. Another player at Olson's table felt that Carl was bluffing way too much. An aggressive style of play in poker definitely wins tournaments but sometimes the hand being played backfires. For example, on one hand, Olson raised with J-4 and was called by two players. The flop came J-high and another player fired out a bet and Colson and this same player eventually got all-in on the flop. Carl's hand was dominated by his opponent's A-J and no four on the turn or river came to the rescue.

Link

And from huge, Laurence Hughes:

250000 Chips: K,AA back to back, Nice squeeze play vs Huck. Was down to 50K before doubling up with K2
Old 07-13-2007, 02:52 AM

laing was at my table and busted me on a flip

he was definitely on his way to drunk, he told me he had switched to jack from corona and his play was getting erratic
Old 07-13-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
laing was at my table and busted me on a flip

he was definitely on his way to drunk, he told me he had switched to jack from corona and his play was getting erratic

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh. There are people that won't be happy.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:02 AM

Rain Khan Really Really Likes The Ladies
Over on the ESPN Feature Table we just had a massive pot that saw Rain Khan Allin preflop against Raymond Rahme.
Rain had raised preflop, been reraised by Rahme and then had moved all in for nearly half a million. Rahme insta-called and when the cards were rolled everyone could see why.
Rain Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Rahme A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The flop came with not one Queen, but two! Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Rain stood up and screamed "Oh my god!!!!"
The 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn had Rahme drawing dead and catapulted Rain back amongst the chip leaders

He's gonna win this thing.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:09 AM

Andrew Brokos Eliminated

After being crippled by Danny Smith, Andrew Brokos moved all in preflop with {K-Clubs}{2-Spades}. Brokos was called by Matt Sterline who held {A-Spades}{J-Hearts}. Brokos liked the flop, as it came {K-Hearts} high, but the {A-Diamonds} on the river gave Sterling the winner and sent Brokos home in the late stages of Day 3.

gg Foucault
Old 07-13-2007, 03:09 AM

Danny Smith just doubled through Andrew Brokos when Smith's 44 flopped a set against the AdQd of Brokos. Smith is up to 340,000 after the hand while Brokos is crippled with only 30,000 left.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]