Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Chris Benoit and Wife found dead

[ QUOTE ]

Food for thought: The WWE may have found out about the deaths (with few if any details), cancelled the live show and planned the tribute show, found out more details just before the tribute show went on, and were in a tough spot with three hours of programming to fill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 06-26-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Imagine how the wrestlers who gave tributes to Benoit last night feel right now. None of them could have known.

As a Benoit fan, following this story over the last 16 hours has been an emotional roller-coaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way the wrestlers knew. But the excutives did...

[/ QUOTE ]

and you are basing this on what exactly?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dids,

You said that Benoit did something "evil and disgusting", so I extrapolated to something which would be evil and disgusting. It wasn't a good fit, whatever. The point is that there doesn't have to be anything evil and disgusting about what happened, and based on what we know about Benoit it is a pretty big leap to assume otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

killing your wife and child is evil and disgusting regardless of any psychological/neurological/biological/etc excuse that can be attributed to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as we are using the standard meaning for "evil" (morally bad or offensive) I think this is a very poorly thought out statement, but whatever, let's not sidetrack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's a sidetrack. I think it's a more useful discussion than idle speculation until the next bit of news comes out, and all 391 posts in this thread so far can't be news.

I think the point is that from 50,000 feet away you can always say that murder is evil. But from up close, every deed of evil has its reasons. This biochemical attached to that neuron which caused a chain reaction and a murderer was made. If only there were more dopamine or serotonin whatever whatever, and presto it wouldn't have happened, I'm not a biologist but you get my point. Or from a psychological standpoint, every murderer has his reasons. Even Jeffrey Dahmer on some level could not have comprehended the evil he was doing, if he could, obviously he wouldn't have done it. He dehumanized his victims to some level.

So that's what I thought when I was younger, that there was no such thing as evil. Now I don't know. You see these things happen, and you figure you have to draw a line somewhere. You get sick of this [censored] happening time after time and there's always a reason. Things like this, if it happened, must be an act of evil, or else nothing is.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to sidetrack, but here comes a sidetrack.

mothers who suffer from postpartum depression and kill their children do so almost universally to save the children from evil and suffering that they will incur in their lives. it's done, in the mother's warped mind, as a... the word is hard to come up with. favor? i dunno.

if the mother kills herself (or tries to), often times the reason is that the mother can't stand the thought of being without her children in whatever comes afterwards, in addition to the pretenses of the former paragraph.

i mean, we can say what we want about it but if, as now appears likely, he killed three people in three days, then clearly something was wrong in his head. i doubt you can chalk it up to evilness. instead, what's more likely is that something snapped in his head, and somehow this was "justified."

maybe this is just my way of grasping at straws because i refuse to believe that benoit was evil enough to consciously do this, although i worry that the fact that he canceled his appearance on the PPV saying his family was ill might not really support this. i dunno.

either way, it's [censored] up.

[ QUOTE ]
I have $200 worth of tickets to a show in August. If it comes out that WWE knew about the causes of death and still did the tribute, I'm ripping them up and mailing them to Vince.

[/ QUOTE ]
Law enforcement doesn't answer nor pander to the best interests of the WWE. The WWE was Benoit's employer, nothing more. Why would the WWE be privy to the gruesome details any sooner than any news outlet that gets leaked information? About the time the shows went on, there were a lot of questions but no firm answers.

I'm not saying that WWE isn't above doing that for ratings, I don't know what they're not above doing. But the likelihood of them having full disclosure at the time of airing last night is nil.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Imagine how the wrestlers who gave tributes to Benoit last night feel right now. None of them could have known.

As a Benoit fan, following this story over the last 16 hours has been an emotional roller-coaster.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way the wrestlers knew. But the excutives did...

[/ QUOTE ]

and you are basing this on what exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad, I mean propably knew, IMO. I am sure we will know within the week
Old 06-26-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find the whole killing the wife, waiting a day, killing the kid, waiting a day, then killing himself to be way more freaky than the acts themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think this eliminates the "roid rage" excuse that many here seem to be offering up.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have $200 worth of tickets to a show in August. If it comes out that WWE knew about the causes of death and still did the tribute, I'm ripping them up and mailing them to Vince.

[/ QUOTE ]
Law enforcement doesn't answer or pander to the best interests of the WWE. The WWE was Benoit's employer, nothing more. Why would the WWE be privy to the gruesome details any sooner than any news outlet that gets leaked information? About the time the shows went on, there were a lot of questions but no firm answers.

I'm not saying that WWE isn't above doing that for ratings, I don't know what they're not above doing. But the likelihood of them having full disclosure at the time of airing last night is nil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since he cancelled his shows prior to the death, any investigator would question the WWE on what they know. Now I dont know what goes on during an investigation, but I would think some details would be disclosed. As I said before, I remember reading on the wwe website that they couldnt comment on the details of the details until the investigation was concluded.

I would like to think they wouldnt do that, but with VM, who knows. Keep in mind they continued i think a Mania event after Hart died during the event. BTW i am not a wwe watcher, i used to in middle school and shorty in college
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I find the whole killing the wife, waiting a day, killing the kid, waiting a day, then killing himself to be way more freaky than the acts themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think this eliminates the "roid rage" excuse that many here seem to be offering up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its entirely possible that his wife did something to make him flip (was having an affair, mishandled the finances, burned his pancakes, whatever), he did her, felt guilty the next day, and did the kid so that he could be with his mother. I dunno...who really knows what happens in a killer's mind?
Old 06-26-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just to clarify, there is plenty of horror in the acts themselves. But the timeline given involved having one dead body (wife) in the house for two days and a dead kid in the house for one day before he killed himself. And not just "dead bodies" but those of his wife and kid. I just can't wrap my head around that level of creepiness.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:15 PM

To smother a 7 year old.. what a piece of [censored]

[ QUOTE ]
One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]