Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 09:28 AM

Default Re: ***OFFICIAL*** LOST Season 3 Episode 20 Discussion -spoiler free-

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't they have some sort of object on them? Like a stone or something? I can't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think they had a black stone and a white stone.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't they have some sort of object on them? Like a stone or something? I can't remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Rose and whats-his-name FTW
Old 05-11-2007, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The bird you have circled looks more like a swan, the bird just below the crane text looks like it could be a crane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a sec...the station was called the Swan. Oops. So, it's probably a swan.

I looked at that thing under it, but I can't tell if it's actually something, or just some random paint color.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a long time since I've seen that episode, but didn't Jack take the two stones? Possibly ending up being him (and Kate?) as the eventual Adam and Eve if the time loop theory is correct.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:53 PM

Do we think Ben can really hear Jacob? It might have been just some sketchy scripting, but Ben and 'Jacob' first interaction made Ben look like a loon (and def meant to look this way). If Ben can see and hear Jacob, why didn't he hear what he said to Locke?

I hope the answers don't get too paranormal, I keep clinging to the producers promise that everything that happened could be explained reasonably and could possibly happen. But Jacob could be communicating telepathically?

Also looked like Ben decided not to finish Locke off after Locke told him what he heard "help me". I think Ben has had the upper hand the entire time, he would only even tell Locke about Jacob if he wanted Locke to know. I think he wanted to find out what Locke could see / hear.

Finally, why are the original natives from 30+ years ago now doing family planning research?
Old 05-11-2007, 03:00 PM

The thing I don't get about that scene is why Ben would treat Jacob that way? If Jacob is truly to be revered and feared - why would Ben shake his chair and tell him to stop and that he's 'had his fun'. Just doesn't seem like the way you'd treat a deity.

I think it was supposed to LOOK like Ben was insane - but like everything with this show, it's never the low-hanging fruit. Was too obvious.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I keep clinging to the producers promise that everything that happened could be explained reasonably and could possibly happen. But Jacob could be communicating telepathically?

[/ QUOTE ]

I gave up on that weeks ago. invisibility?

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, why are the original natives from 30+ years ago now doing family planning research?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking that Richard (long haired one from when Ben was a kid) is not as wild as he appeared to be. They showed him as raggedy, but that's also how we originally saw the others. He's obviously "now" a clean cut other who recruits people to the island. obviously a key story line for the future will be "who are the natives?". my out of nowhere guess is that they are another or earlier branch of Dharma.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing I don't get about that scene is why Ben would treat Jacob that way? If Jacob is truly to be revered and feared - why would Ben shake his chair and tell him to stop and that he's 'had his fun'. Just doesn't seem like the way you'd treat a deity.

I think it was supposed to LOOK like Ben was insane - but like everything with this show, it's never the low-hanging fruit. Was too obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Ben was somewhat mocking Locke and I'm not sure if Jacob actually speaks to Ben. But he obv did not hear what he said to Locke and was freaked when Locke accused him of saying something when he obv didn't. Maybe Ben has gained some kind of control over Jacob, thus the "help me phrase".

also u kind of have to go back and look at all the times the smoke monster/island got people to do stuff for it.

i.e. Ben seemed to want Locke to no longer believe in pushing the button--and thus not push it...why?

The smoke monster/island wanted Locke to keep pushing the button and went so far as getting Ecko to try and make Locke believe in the island/button blah blah blah.

The big question is...if Locke obv doesn't die--why didn't Ben want to kill him. Was it simply a lame tv thing, cuz Ben def seems the type who could put a bullet in Locke's head if he wanted him dead. But Locke telling him what Jacob said seemed to really unnerve/bother him so maybe that is why he leaves him just wounded.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, officially there was a black and a white stone. It was picked up by Jack and he didn't mention anything to Locke about it when he asked what was found. That was the last time that the stones were mentioned. Like I mentioned earlier, the skeletons were said to have been in the cave deteriating at least 40 - 50 years, based on the level of decay on their clothing.

My best guess of this is that they are indeed the bodies of Penny and Desmond, who in a prior episode showed what could have been the two stones in that first desmond episode of the second part of season 3.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
who the f is annie

[/ QUOTE ]

good question. ben said he was 'one of' the ones who didn't end up in the hole. the scene made it look like he was the only one, but when he said that it seemed as though it was quite possible there were others in on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been through the whole thread yet, so this may have already been said, but It seems clear to me that kelvin and rosinsky survived (though obviously they were not in on it).