Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 03:20 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

50-55-105

Putted real well today with 35 putts that could've even been like 32 or 31. Also went to the range early to try and implement some advice I had gotten into my swing. Despite trying to change my swing, I did reasonably well today and was happy with how things went. I'd guess it'll take several more rounds to get fully comfortable with the adjustments (more weight on right foot, less upper body movement).
Old 08-12-2007, 04:55 PM

92. Can't stay away from the big numbers. Aargh.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:11 PM

Playing really well lately, had a medal competition, got there late(ish) so didnt have enough time to warm up.
Started pretty bad, bogied first 3 holes, but then played well, was 4 over on the 17th tee. 3 putted on 17 and bogied the last, so was a bit dissapointed.

lost on countback, sucks.

my handicap was 12.2, par is 70 and standard scratch was 69.
(i shot 76)
what will my handicap get cut too?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:45 PM

I honestly don't believe that anybody reads anyone else's posts in this thread but whatever. Finally conquered my nemesis, Sunridge Canyon near Scottsdale. Shot a 2-under 33 on the back nine, two birdies and seven effortless pars and could have actually been a lot lower. 73 for the round.

Best part was, we got a comp and we took $20 from the other guys, winning a net of four ways overall in our $5 Nassau. Free golf + winning money + good round = good time.

EDIT: main reason for this post is that I've been a 1-3 HDCP for the past few years but have never broken 80 in like 15 tries on this course. It's harder than hell (72.6/142 from the back tees, which is where we played from today). Only used my driver once - mauled a drive on 16 which helped me get home in two on the par 5.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't believe that anybody reads anyone else's posts in this thread but whatever. Finally conquered my nemesis, Sunridge Canyon near Scottsdale. Shot a 2-under 33 on the back nine, two birdies and seven effortless pars and could have actually been a lot lower. 73 for the round.

Best part was, we got a comp and we took $20 from the other guys, winning a net of four ways overall in our $5 Nassau. Free golf + winning money + good round = good time.

EDIT: main reason for this post is that I've been a 1-3 HDCP for the past few years but have never broken 80 in like 15 tries on this course. It's harder than hell (72.6/142 from the back tees, which is where we played from today). Only used my driver once - mauled a drive on 16 which helped me get home in two on the par 5.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're good at the golf.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, you're good at the golf.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-13-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to play Whitehawk Ranch tomorrow. It's at altitude, so hopefully this won't be too much of a problem:

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice course...hacked around to 93, 44-49. Highlight of the front was 3-putt bogeying 4 out of five holes over the stretch of 4-8. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

We played Coyote Moon in Truckee on Sunday, and the starter said it was wide open, so go whenever we felt like it. I said WTF and played the blues, which were 6704 [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I started par-bogey-bogey.
I started the back nine par-par.
I finished with a par.

On the other 12 holes: +31 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Mrs. oT only beat me by 14 shots...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:56 PM

Brag: shot 77 saturday w/ 5 birdies
Beat: took 7 penalty shots
Variance: Free hot dog/chips/drink at the turn
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't believe that anybody reads anyone else's posts in this thread but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to prove you wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], if you drive the ball into the desert area on this course is it unplayable? Is this a stroke and distance situation every time? So for instance, on 16 when you go for a drive are you risking a big number should your swing go badly awry?

I have never played desert golf before unless you count Vegas.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't believe that anybody reads anyone else's posts in this thread but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to prove you wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], if you drive the ball into the desert area on this course is it unplayable? Is this a stroke and distance situation every time? So for instance, on 16 when you go for a drive are you risking a big number should your swing go badly awry?

I have never played desert golf before unless you count Vegas.

[/ QUOTE ]

The desert courses I've played generally treat the desert as a lateral hazard.