Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: 2007 AL Central -- Last Place CHW

Oh yeah, but asking other pitchers to emulate the best changeup in the game is pretty brutal [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Saying that changeups should all look like Santana's is unfair to everyone else who throws a pretty good changeup as their only pitch keeping them in the major leagues (Glavine and Moyer, specifically).

Santana's changeup is a top five pitch in the game today, easily. The others that I would include are Jake Peavy's slider, Rich Hill's curve, and Mariano's cutter. Not sure on the other one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ervin Santana's gopher ball?
Old 07-29-2007, 01:44 AM

Wakefield's Knuckleball LDO
Old 07-29-2007, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tyner, HR. Not lying. And if anyone wants to see what a changeup SHOULD look like, Santana is putting on a clinic today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there is no way Tyner actually hit a home run. I have like 1600 ABs worth of futility on my side, so I won't even bother to look at the box score. I simply know that you are wrong and he did not actually take one deep.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Saying that changeups should all look like Santana's is unfair to everyone else who throws a pretty good changeup as their only pitch keeping them in the major leagues (Glavine and Moyer, specifically).

Santana's changeup is a top five pitch in the game today, easily. The others that I would include are Jake Peavy's slider, Rich Hill's curve, and Mariano's cutter. Not sure on the other one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bondo's slider LDO
Old 07-29-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bondo's slider LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you can't have two of the same type of pitch on there LDO. Otherwise you'd have to put Hamels changeup on there since > Hill's curveball.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bondo's slider LDO

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you can't have two of the same type of pitch on there LDO. Otherwise you'd have to put Hamels changeup on there since > Hill's curveball.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmm, so we gotta have a fastball, right? i'll be a total homer and suggest zumaya pre-jersey finger, or JJ Putz's if that doesn't count
Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tyner, HR. Not lying. And if anyone wants to see what a changeup SHOULD look like, Santana is putting on a clinic today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there is no way Tyner actually hit a home run. I have like 1600 ABs worth of futility on my side, so I won't even bother to look at the box score. I simply know that you are wrong and he did not actually take one deep.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah, he also hit for the tyner-cycle (single, double, triple) last night

too bad he's still awful [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-31-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yeah, he also hit for the tyner-cycle (single, double, triple) last night

too bad he's still awful [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He really isn't that bad a player overall. He just seems bad because his starting games at DH is just a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the team. As a 4th or 5th OF he does have some value as he plays decent/well in the field, is good on the bases and can hit righties decently. His line this year vs. righties:
.303/.344/.395
Old 08-01-2007, 11:06 PM

WTF, let Neshek pitch the whole 8th and we win in 9 innings and have Guerrier/Reyes left in case of extra innings.