Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

Thanks Sniper, that does makes some kind of sense and I feel a little less paranoid now. Though if I had a peer who was willing to use Neteller to deposit money to a gaming site for me, I could just as easily wire them the $ as do a Neteller transfer. But I can see why your argument might make sense to a lawyer.

I'd still like to know why they won't allow US customers to transfer their money to non-US bank accounts. They seem to be paying much more attention to the concerns of the US government than their customers - admittedly soon to be former and never again customers, but I can't help feeling they are damaging their reputation outside the US.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Sniper, that does makes some kind of sense and I feel a little less paranoid now. Though if I had a peer who was willing to use Neteller to deposit money to a gaming site for me, I could just as easily wire them the $ as do a Neteller transfer. But I can see why your argument might make sense to a lawyer.

I'd still like to know why they won't allow US customers to transfer their money to non-US bank accounts. They seem to be paying much more attention to the concerns of the US government than their customers - admittedly soon to be former and never again customers, but I can't help feeling they are damaging their reputation outside the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

They may be damaging their reputation a bit, but if you keep in mind that they continue to process non-US business, as usual (or close to it)... most outside the US will not give the US situation much thought, unless they feel that the country where they live will follow the US's lead.

The more concerning part to me, is that their stock is still not trading again... which as I've said repeatedly means, that there is potentially more bad news (or at least more going on that they can't disclose yet).

We might learn more, after the founders appear in court, which I believe should be this week...
Old 02-11-2007, 04:00 AM

Told you so ?
Old 02-11-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Told you so ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not appear that ALL funds have been seized...
Old 02-13-2007, 04:55 AM

Neteller founders are supposed to be in court on Wednesday...
Old 02-13-2007, 07:50 AM

If it makes any difference, I was told months ago (when I first tried) that I could not link to a non-US bank account - and I have a non US neteller account. They said it was just policy, neteller could only link to US bank accounts.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it makes any difference, I was told months ago (when I first tried) that I could not link to a non-US bank account - and I have a non US neteller account. They said it was just policy, neteller could only link to US bank accounts.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's horse manure.
Old 02-13-2007, 05:32 PM

Is it currently possible to do anything with neteller merchants?
Old 02-14-2007, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it currently possible to do anything with neteller merchants?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you find a non-gaming site that deals with Neteller, please let us know...
Old 02-14-2007, 12:46 AM

Currently however, all the US accounts are "Uncertified." Thus, it is my understanding that right now it would be impossible to do business with non-gaming sites even if you could find one.

Could be wrong though...
Closed Thread