Raise less than AI (specify) 13 56.52%
Limp 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2006, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Belgariad game thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WDC,

Im going to agree with you on the Hornacek implications.

[/ QUOTE ]
wdc, you might want to get a leash for your dog.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, Kyro dumped him on me when he moved out of town. I am considering sending him to the pound.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:39 PM

Does everyone realize that we have about a ZERO chance of lynching a bad guy, unless one of our seers comes out?

Good guy votes (By the way, please look this over, my understanding of the gamne is imperfect, and my last one had some mistakes, and I think that this is very important):

Lady (1:1)
Sorceror (1:1)
Mandor (2:2)
Garion (0:0)
Princess (1:1)
Durnik (1:1)
5 Villagers (5:5)
Errand (1:-1) - he thinks he's a villager, so should try to vote for the good guys, but Jared's post says he counts towards the evil condition

Vote Power:12 (actually 10 considering Nachak); Army Power 10

Bad guys:

Asharak (2:2) - includes co-opting Garion's vote
Nachak (3&(-2):2) - one vote for himself, 2 votes that he co-opts, and the two votes he places. He's not 100% to co-opt those votes, but he probably has at least 2 villagers right now.
Brill(1:1)
Zedar(1:1)
2 Grolims (2:2)

Vote Power:9, Army Power:8

This puts the voting at 10 - 9, which means we need just about every good guy to agree, which seems impossible.

We absolutely need to lynch a bad guy here, or else the bad guys will have more votes than we do. I don't think that this results in an automatic win, but I don't see how we could if we can't lynch anyone. I still believe that a seer has to come out today, particularly with Nachak or Asharak, or if we are about to lynch a villager.

That having been said: attack hornacek
Old 06-21-2006, 12:51 PM

I've been trying to figure out why the baddies targeted patton last night. This early in the game, I always assume it is a seer hunt, unless I see some strong evidence otherwise. With that in mind, this is what I saw in the thread.

The first day he pops in & votes dankhank, and says nothing more. First day vote means little in this game (in terms of a seer hunt, anyway) since the Sorcerers got no look first night. But, day 2, his first vote is another against dank. The baddies may have picked up on this, and thought he was a Sorcerer, who was suspicious of dank day 1, looked him night 1, and voted him again. His other votes yesterday were wdc, and then a late switch to chuck. We know that the Sorcerors had access to up to 2 sights yesterday, and we also know that chuck was a villager. Patton accused 2 people, and voted for a third.

So, that's pretty much the extent of his posting. If we think this was a seer hunt, I think we should take another look at dankhank, and wdc.

Of course, there's also the possibilities that the baddies decided that anybody that quiet was pretty likely to be a power role of some description, and took him out based on that alone, without considering him a seer.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:53 PM

i def think dank>horn for a vote

the fact is, while horn's identity would tell us a lot possibly about what happened yesterday, we don't have that luxury as there are too many bad guys with too much voting power

we need to find a bad guy TODAY, thus we need more to go on than people chose chuck over horn, since they likely were both villagers
Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 PM

pistolero where are yoooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:38 PM

Rules Clarification

Firstly, we didn't give a win condition for the case where Errand and Garion are alive. Here they are:

1. Village side wins if all bad guys are gone.
2. Bad guys win if after night ends they have the same or more voting power than the good guys.

Clarification regarding Brill. If Brill kills someone his voting power is lost that day. So let's say the bad guys have a voting power of 7. He kills a regular villager, that night the bad guys would have a voting power of 6. The next day it would bump up to 7 again.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:38 PM

vr, if i dont get back in time to vote tonight can i proxy my vote to be aligned with whoever pistol votes for?
Old 06-21-2006, 01:40 PM

(vr/jared)
Old 06-21-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rules Clarification

Firstly, we didn't give a win condition for the case where Errand and Garion are alive. Here they are:

1. Village side wins if all bad guys are gone.
2. Bad guys win if after night ends they have the same or more voting power than the good guys.

Clarification regarding Brill. If Brill kills someone his voting power is lost that day. So let's say the bad guys have a voting power of 7. He kills a regular villager, that night the bad guys would have a voting power of 6. The next day it would bump up to 7 again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone else double check my math, but I am pretty sure this means that we will lose if we lynch a villager today.
Old 06-21-2006, 01:49 PM

Currently the count is:
good army: 11
bad army: 9

If you lynch a good guy today, then if the bad guys don't kill asharak tonight you would need for the sorcerors to see Errand tonight. If they see Errand that's basically a four vote swing as Garion gets his vote back, removing one from Asharak, and Errand switches sides.