Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a seperate PL forum?
Yes 4 14.29%
No 24 85.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Roger, I\'m queening it as we speak (NC Thread)

ive always loved becks, but the recently started brewing it in australian and still calling it imported... im not down with that shiz!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ive always loved becks, but the recently started brewing it in australian and still calling it imported... im not down with that shiz!

[/ QUOTE ]
Becks is not bad, but it's not my favourite by far. We have like 10^5 breweries, most of which only serve their beer in their own restaurant. There are also a lot of beers you can only get in one small region.

One of my favourites is Distelhäuser. It's sold only in a small part of south west Germany. Tannenzäpfle is also pretty good.

And then there are so many differnt types of beer, I don't think I can name them all. Apart from Pilsner/Export/Helles (thy "typical" beers) there are the Bock and Doppelbock beers (semi-dark, somewhat sweet and pretty strong), dark beers, black beers, Weizenbier/Weißbier, Altbier, Berliner Weiße, Kölsch, Märzen, Pils, Zwickelbier, and who knows how many more.

We don't have Ale. That's one thing I miss.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:29 AM

im playing horse....

any one wanna help me out with the o, r and e?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:02 AM

geez, all the aussies are pissed on their friday night on 2+2...snitchy and knockon Im talkin about you ....just let me drink this bottle of red and Ill be right with ya

miles and knockon, get a frickin room....pppplllllleeeeaaaasssseeeeee
Old 10-06-2006, 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im playing horse....

[/ QUOTE ]
R: Razz is Stud played for low, Aces are the lowest card, straights and flushes don't count. On third street, complete the bring-in if you have three cards smaller than an 8, unless the 8 is your upcard or you have something like 8-6-7 and you see a lot of low cards as other players' upcards. If it's already been completed in front of you, coldcall with a three-card 7 and raise with a three-card 6, again unless they're "rough" starting hands (not that great) or you see a lot of your outs already up on the table.

Obviously, any card bigger than a 9 is not that great, and pairs are worthless. If you have two bad cards in your hand, you should almost always fold, because it means you need to catch perfect the rest of the hand.

After that, it's basically just about reading the board(s) of your opponent(s).
Old 10-06-2006, 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im playing horse....

[/ QUOTE ]
For the O and E, one thing to remember with split pot games is your main goal is to try to scoop the pot so hands that have two way potential are good. If you do end up in a pot playing for only half, do remember to cut your pot odds in half though when trying to figure out if you're making a pot odds call or not.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing can compare German and Czech beers. Most of them are still brewed according to the German purity law from 1516. Hmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sentence, while not an atrocity, isn't the full picture. I'm not versed in Czech beer outside of Pilsner Urquell, so I'm not going to talk about it, but I've started drinking a good lot of German beer lately. I've actually got a Hefeweizen round up review in the TLDR Beer club thread.

IMHO, the German beer purity law is a hindrance to good beer, not strictly a help. I believe it was a reaction to the Belgians or other folk putting fruit or spices into their beer and some Bavarian ruler deciding this just wasn't proper. Now, if you've had good Belgian beer, you'd know right well that this was far from a bad thing. Instead, the Germans are restricted to only using water, hops, barley or wheat malt, and yeast rather than being allowed to introduce other flavors to their beer. The Germans are clever, though, and they found a loophole in their laws that would let them introduce foreign flavors into their beer. By a lot of trial and error, the brewers found that certain strains of yeast would metabolize the malt and not only produce alcohol and carbonation, but also a range of other compounds that would impart fruity or spicy flavors to their beer. The superior strains of yeast is why German Hefeweizens are generally very good, while American versions for the most part suck. The Americans follow the same procedure and the same sort of purity, but lacking the superior yeast, the beer doesn't come out good. Recently, though, I've tried a couple American hefeweizens where the brewers got a hold of some Bavarian yeast, and their imitations of this style of beer were much better.

Also, Germany does have ales. Alts, Hefeweizens, and Koelshes are all ales.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:27 AM

wookie, you just complicated a very simple thing. KISS. I like it simple. I like my beer tasting goot. that is is all. tyvm
Old 10-06-2006, 10:29 AM

Ozi,

Which cooper's can you recommend (I know you'll prolly say pale ale) I'm keen to get me some, I'm a fan of the dark ale, but I can remember drinking in my hazy uni days coopers with a red label is it coopers special?
Old 10-06-2006, 10:50 AM

Gib, you are thinking Sparking Ale. Sparking gives me headaches...but it is great. its the red label. drink it. gogogo
Closed Thread