Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Poker night in BsAs?

LuckyDevil and I have both been here almost two weeks, and want to see if anybody would like to get a game together on Tuesday night, July 31.
Play like 2-5 peso NL.

If we can get 5 or 6 people, we'll do it.

Thanks

SD
Old 07-29-2007, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Ask TheMetetron about living in or visiting Buenos Aires, Argentin

[ QUOTE ]
are any months particularly bad in terms of nightlife or is it all good all the time? i am likely coming over from Feb til Aug '08.

[/ QUOTE ]

January is a bad month because everyione is vacationing, and feb is different each year, but u will deff find nightclubs.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
9) Kolo/Spect: Do you have any blog we can read? What will you be doing in BsAs? Which kind of limits do you play? Im def up for a poker game when I arrive!

[/ QUOTE ]

my blogs in my profile. learn spanish, go to the gym, hang out. I've got afew months to kill so thought id spend it living somewhere else. i play 1/2nl online. Hit me up on aim if u want, thats in my profile aswell
Old 07-30-2007, 10:02 PM

Default Re: Poker night in BsAs?

nevermind. numerous people are out of town, and since last day of the month, people are trying to hit the next vip level.

but if anybody is up for doing this soon, hit me up with a pm or post here.

SD
Old 08-12-2007, 05:08 PM

Ill be back in town in 5 days or so. Might be taking a ski trip to Bariloche if anyone is interested. I might go to a home game.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:39 AM

cool, let's try to meetup for some poker or something next week.
i may be interested in bariloche.
saw an old thread of yours about vpn'ing into argentina from the US. were you able to make this work?
If not, and still interested, i think you can do it via proxy server. some of us were discussing this last night.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:51 AM

Adding a 'hello' of another 2+2er living in BsAs. I'm in for any poker or drink-based activities in the city. Buzz on me on PM.
Old 08-21-2007, 04:20 PM

I joined up b/c I saw this thread and enjoy poker

I'm currently studying abroad in Cordoba, Argentina, the 2nd largest city

A couple of questions I didn't see fully answered, one if the natives are friendly towards americans

I would say yes, very. I haven't received any racist comments or ill treatment, or even gotten ripped off by a cab driver. The women are very receptive as long as you realize you will have to make the first move. If you are even half fluent in spanish, you'll do fine, but as previously stated the males here are very aggressive, so women are used to males approaching them, but foreigners definitely have the upper edge

Also, as for other cities with a good city life where everything is within walking distance
I highly recommend Cordoba, even above Buenos Aires. BA can be fairly dangerous for obvious foreigners, you will often have items stolen if you are not very careful in the streets, and getting drunk in clubs can be dangerous in the ride home (ripped off by cabs or worse). BA does have the advantage of being the bigger city with the beach though

Cordoba has a population of about 2million, and I live pretty much in the exact middle of it. Theres dozens of clubs within a 10 minute walk, as well as malls, theatres, cinemas, and hundreds of cafes/restaurants/other attractions. The night life is fantastic, and I haven't run into trouble of any kind with anyone in the month I've been here. Everyone is receptive if you can speak a bit of spanish (I'm about half fluent)
Old 08-21-2007, 05:32 PM

Buenos Aires isn't remotely dangerous in my opinion. Most everyone who has ever been here will agree.

Having said that, I've never been to Cordoba so I can't comment on the differences.

Also, I have to come on here and recommend this juice bar near here that has awesome smoothies, sandwiches, soups, and salads. If you live in BsAs, check it out. A bit pricey, but its good.

http://www.puravidabuenosaires.com/
Old 08-21-2007, 11:44 PM

fly me in for visit? ill buy an hour worth of your coaching