Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 05:16 AM

Default Re: The official EPASSPORTE thread. (#2 of 2.)

quick question, can i use an all-access visa gift card to do the initial load? if so, is the giftcards.com site still the place to get one?

i'm only going to be using epass for transfer purposes and not for withdrawls for the time being. i'm fine waiting for the bank account verification for the more involved features, but not for what i need to get done in the next few days.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:49 AM

If you want to talk to them on the phone you have to call ealy in the morning.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:54 AM

Quite frankly I've been in ePassporte's corner because they seem to be the best alternative for us. Recently I've changed my tune.

I made small purchases with my virtual visa at Gap.com for $45 and mlb.com for $50 that seemed to work fine. The next day I received e-mails from both companies saying that they cancelled my orders. This comes on the heels of the same thing happening at Amazon.com for a $79 purchase.

After a 20 minute wait, an ePass Customer Service rep told me that the merchants didn't give a reason why they won't accept the card. But he pointed out that ePassporte is used whereever the Visa logo is accepted. Well obv these companies allow Visa purchases yet they are not accepting YOUR payment method.

Unfortunately those funds are frozen until I get the companies to send a fax w/ their letter head stating that they did not take my money.

FWIW I have $2000 in my ePass account so I have sufficient funds.

Over the last few weeks I've had nothing but problems w/ the Virtual Visa card. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-01-2007, 09:48 AM

I'm trying to withdraw money out of FT now (nothing big, couple hundo). Is it true I need to deposit w/ ePass before I can withdraw?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so i ran a test cashout of $170 on may 18 from epass to my bank account and still nothing. Thats over 10 business days, should I be worried??

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time it ever took more than 7 business days for me, there was a problem. I called in and they eventually (couple days) took care of the problem and returned the money to my epass account. ACH shouldn't take more than a week - I would call. Their CS line isn't as busy as some here say it is. I have called several times and got through in like 15 minutes each time.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:17 PM

ok, so I am a little behind the times here, but should i get the virtual visa?? From what I undertand, once you have it, you can withdraw your money instantly from an atm?? This looks like by far the best method, are there limits??
Old 06-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Yes.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:45 PM

Reliable? IMO, yes. All of my loads from my bank to my ePass account, deposits to poker sites, cash-outs from poker sites, withdrawals from my ePass account to my bank, and ePass account upgrades have been transacted problem-free. However, some of these transactions do not occur as quickly as they used to occur with Neteller. In my experience, loads from bank to ePass take about seven business days, and ACH withdrawals from ePass to bank take five business days.
Old 06-01-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, so I am a little behind the times here, but should i get the virtual visa?? From what I undertand, once you have it, you can withdraw your money instantly from an atm?? This looks like by far the best method, are there limits??

[/ QUOTE ]

The virtual visa card is just a credit card number that you can use to buy stuff online - this is the "card" that people have been reporting having trouble with. The actual Visa card you have to request from them - it costs $35 per year. You need this card to withdraw from an ATM, make purchases in stores, etc. Works great
Old 06-01-2007, 02:16 PM

Does the actual visa card not have any problems like the virtual one does?
Closed Thread