Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Stars Million

[ QUOTE ]
can some1 plz put manager and kid on their buddy lists so we can all know what limits they move up to in the next few days?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious on this too, but honestly, I think more often than not people who win these who were like nickel and dime players, just withdraw it immediately and never move up. I mean maybe he leaves a couple thousand on, but I bet he never plays really high, as sweet as that'd be.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:12 AM

I was going to doctor a hand history that shows manager sitting at 200-400NL and losing 99.8k with Q8 or KT, but I am too sleepy, so just imagine the joke, night all.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:26 AM

correct 30k, 50k is for the 1k and 530 i think.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, I thought kidpoker was bluffing on the last hand with air, because it would be a smart move to try and make manager fold a hand. So I can see how manager thought Q8 was good there.

[/ QUOTE ]
it would have been awesome if kid poker was bluffing with K2
Old 04-02-2007, 04:08 AM

KT handhistory please?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
KT handhistory please?

[/ QUOTE ]
not sure exactly but basically manager opens 3x on button, kid poker calls in BB, flop is AAT and manager overbets(?). kid poker calls, and check-shoves the turn for not much more when manager bets big again. KT for manager and A2 for kid poker.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:23 AM

kidpoker also had a flush draw on turn
Old 04-02-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How much do you think Manager cost himself by not dealing?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were Manager, when he had 38M and the rest had about 11M, 10M and 6M, I would have offered a deal where I took the $198K that was already assigned for first place and let the three of them deal for the remaining.

They were all so close in stack sizes that they might have been willing to just split up the rest rather than risk going out in 4th when so close to 2nd in stack size. And then, maybe i'd let them talk me down to $175K.

So, I think he might have cost himself $75k - $98k by not dealing.

And if he looked up KidPoker's OPR stats he should have known that he was playing with a better player and split even once they got even chip stacks during the HU match.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How much do you think Manager cost himself by not dealing?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were Manager, when he had 38M and the rest had about 11M, 10M and 6M, I would have offered a deal where I took the $198K that was already assigned for first place and let the three of them deal for the remaining.

They were all so close in stack sizes that they might have been willing to just split up the rest rather than risk going out in 4th when so close to 2nd in stack size. And then, maybe i'd let them talk me down to $175K.

So, I think he might have cost himself $75k - $98k by not dealing.

And if he looked up KidPoker's OPR stats he should have known that he was playing with a better player and split even once they got even chip stacks during the HU match.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true. But, looking at how the dude played and considering his level of previous experience - he probably had no notion of when or how to broker a deal. He probably doesn't know that the OPR database exists. He probably never got into a position where chopping a lot of money in a high pressure tournament was an issue.

He was riding a wave of variance and banging his chips over the line at every opportunity. I must imagine that hhe wasn't really thinking rationally at all by the time there were four left.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
To be fair, I thought kidpoker was bluffing on the last hand with air, because it would be a smart move to try and make manager fold a hand. So I can see how manager thought Q8 was good there.

[/ QUOTE ]
it would have been awesome if kid poker was bluffing with K2

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny, right after the hand I was thinking how funny it'd be if he was bluffing with Q9.

Btw, I'm not sure if now I'm more awake my post was as obvious as sarcasm. But it was.