Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: AC question

[ QUOTE ]
Am I misunderstanding you, or are you an idiot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...option #3...you appear to lack fundamental reading comprehension. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

so where do you get off defining the parameters of in what ways those who feel that the US is (to one degree or another) should or should not be limited to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.....I gave <u>my opinion</u>, as I clearly stated....not real sure where you think I "got off on defining the parameters" of what you should think.

Lemme re-quote the part I originally wrote that you quoted, and apparently are having a hard time comprehending:

[ QUOTE ]

...it's just my opinion that the US isn't a 'tyranny of the majority', based on the definition of the concept, and on my subjective opinion that "paying taxes" isn't comparable in cruelty to traditional tyrannical practices, such as exterminating 6 million Jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

See the bolded parts?

I highlighted those, because they <u>might just be a slight clue</u> for you in understanding that I just might have been expressing my opinion....and NOT attempting to define any parameters of what you are limited too or should think.

Oops...

And just in case you missed that apparently difficult-to-grasp concept again, let's review:

&lt;pay attention&gt;
Rather than attempting to define the parameters for which *you* are limited to thinking about...I was actually expressing *my* opinion on what *I* think..... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
&lt;/pay attention&gt;

Got it? Good!

Go ahead...try it at home...experiment with it a little.....you can form your own opinion, based on your own parameters.... and it's even okay if we both disagree. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Remember, it doesn't make you an idiot if you disagree with me.....but it does make you one if you can't understand simple concepts that you read. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Am I misunderstanding you, or are you an idiot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...option #3...you appear to lack fundamental reading comprehension. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

so where do you get off defining the parameters of in what ways those who feel that the US is (to one degree or another) should or should not be limited to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um.....I gave <u>my opinion</u>, as I clearly stated....not real sure where you think I "got off on defining the parameters" of what you should think.

Lemme re-quote the part I originally wrote that you quoted, and apparently are having a hard time comprehending:

[ QUOTE ]

...it's just my opinion that the US isn't a 'tyranny of the majority', based on the definition of the concept, and on my subjective opinion that "paying taxes" isn't comparable in cruelty to traditional tyrannical practices, such as exterminating 6 million Jews.

[/ QUOTE ]

See the bolded parts?

I highlighted those, because they <u>might just be a slight clue</u> for you in understanding that I just might have been expressing my opinion....and NOT attempting to define any parameters of what you are limited too or should think.

Oops...

And just in case you missed that apparently difficult-to-grasp concept again, let's review:

&lt;pay attention&gt;
Rather than attempting to define the parameters for which *you* are limited to thinking about...I was actually expressing *my* opinion on what *I* think..... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
&lt;/pay attention&gt;

Got it? Good!

Go ahead...try it at home...experiment with it a little.....you can form your own opinion, based on your own parameters.... and it's even okay if we both disagree. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Remember, it doesn't make you an idiot if you disagree with me.....but it does make you one if you can't understand simple concepts that you read. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoever said that all they were counting under tyrrany from the us was the paying of taxes?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whoever said that all they were counting under tyrrany from the us was the paying of taxes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um....nobody. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um....nobody. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then why would you assume that I or any other ACist would be willing to accept your definition, since you are on the opposing side of the argument?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So then why would you assume that I or any other ACist would be willing to accept your definition, since you are on the opposing side of the argument?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...I didn't assume that.

And I didn't realize we were on opposing side of an argument. What exactly are we arguing about?

As far as I can tell, you are telling me that *my* opinion is "wrong", because it isn't based on *your* primary complaint against the state. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

And please tell me you understand the difference between a definition and an opinion.

Please...just tell me you do...just say it...even if you don't really mean it...just please pretend that you can grasp the difference here. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-08-2007, 01:48 PM

You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's one way of not answering the question.... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]